Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Apr 29th, 2024, 5:49am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 28
Send Topic Print
Introduce yourself! (Read 197917 times)
Denman

rbent member

Re: Introduce yourself!
Reply #210 - Nov 6th, 2011, 10:30am

Add one more from McKinney, soon to be two.

Mid 50's couple, sort of empty nest now that the youngest is at UTA.  6 weeks into a Catrike Expedition with 505 miles on the odometer.   The previous 500 miles of pedalling probably took me the previous 25 years to reach.

Wife is ready to trade her Mountain Bike for a Catrike in the spring.  

Lots of GREAT places to ride in McKinney.  We ride weeknights near Eldorado & Hardin about 15 miles and weekends anything goes; usually about 25 miles on Saturday.

Also do a little "hatpacking" to ride places outside of McKinney.

Thinking about trying Corpus Christi over Thanksgiving holidays.  

Mechanical & electrical engineer in the daytime designing machines; anything from 3 megawatt diesel electric drive systems (think of the worlds largest hybrid) to rapid cook ovens that automatically shuttle food....

Looking forward to meeting new people and doing some fabulous rides.  

Email   IP Logged
airmoose

rbent member

Reply #211 - Mar 13th, 2012, 9:04pm

New to Texas - working in Midland, but expect to do rides that some of you will be doing as well. Met some of you in Austin last week. I've the one with the yellow Quest velomobile with the moose on the side of the headfairing.

Thinking of riding at Bessie's Creek, but I've barely ridden since November and doubt I will do justice to the Quest.

Email   IP Logged
jman
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #212 - Mar 14th, 2012, 10:56am

Quote from airmoose on Mar 13th, 2012, 9:04pm:
New to Texas - working in Midland, but expect to do rides that some of you will be doing as well. Met some of you in Austin last week. I've the one with the yellow Quest velomobile with the moose on the side of the headfairing.

Thinking of riding at Bessie's Creek, but I've barely ridden since November and doubt I will do justice to the Quest.

Howdy folks, glad you guys and gals found the board. Don't feel bad about low miles in the winter.  I am not in my best riding shape either, but the nice weather we are enjoying now is only a prelude to future great riding weather. Hope to see you venture over this way to Ft.Worth's part of the Trinity Trails.. I miss all youi Dallas riders and my old Legacy Park this time of year when it starts tuning green again. Smiley Smiley

My car is a Recumbent
Bent in Ft.Worth
Email   IP Logged
Phantom Rider
Five Star Member

Reply #213 - Jun 22nd, 2012, 12:20pm

Greetings folks, it's great to be here and see such an active forum.  I've been riding a MTB 29er for quite some time now with very little off road riding.  Got the bug and have fallen in love with being on a bicycle and enjoying the outdoors.  Was once an avid runner, but my Knees just won't let me do that anymore so the bicycle was the next best thing.  

After two months of research and 3 trips to easy street in Austin I am now the proud owner of a lightning phantom.  Adjusting to the new ride and steering is a challenge but I'm getting there, I ve logged 150 miles on it in the first week.   Looking forward to comfortable rides and enjoying the scenery.

Located on north fort worth

2017 Cruzbike V20
2019 ICE VTX Black
SOLD - 2011 GT Karakorem 1.0 - 2012 Lightning Phantom II - 2004 Lightning P38 2013 Rans Rifle 2014 Catrike 700 - 2014 Bacchetta CA2
Email   IP Logged
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Reply #214 - Jun 25th, 2012, 7:32pm

Hey Phantom!  I'm in Fort Worth as well, in the Benbrook area.  Welcome to the forum.  Hope to see you out at some RBENT events, and enjoy the phantom.

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
Phantom Rider
Five Star Member

Reply #215 - Jun 25th, 2012, 7:46pm

Quote from aikigreg on Jun 25th, 2012, 7:32pm:
Hey Phantom!  I'm in Fort Worth as well, in the Benbrook area.  Welcome to the forum.  Hope to see you out at some RBENT events, and enjoy the phantom.

Appreciate it, I'm on the north end of town(35 & 820).  Been riding this thing for a little over a week now and am loving it.  MTBer friend of mine ask me today if I felt it was a good investment,my only reply was should have done this a long time ago.  im sure our paths will cross at an event and look forward to it.

2017 Cruzbike V20
2019 ICE VTX Black
SOLD - 2011 GT Karakorem 1.0 - 2012 Lightning Phantom II - 2004 Lightning P38 2013 Rans Rifle 2014 Catrike 700 - 2014 Bacchetta CA2
Email   IP Logged
spudman1

rbent member

Reply #216 - Jun 29th, 2012, 8:26am

Hello Texas.
I'm not in Texas, but you had such and active site that it made me want to move.  I can't imagine what it's like to ride with other recumbents.  I live in Kentucky.  We have recumbents, just none in my town.  The 4th of July makes four years since I got My Stratus XP.  Last week I added the Xstream.  Researching that bike led me over to this site.  I noticed several familiar names.  So, now I have two places where kindred spirits "get it".

Gary

IP Logged
Phantom Rider
Five Star Member

Reply #217 - Jun 29th, 2012, 9:04am

Quote from spudman1 on Jun 29th, 2012, 8:26am:
Hello Texas.
I'm not in Texas, but you had such and active site that it made me want to move.  I can't imagine what it's like to ride with other recumbents.  I live in Kentucky.  We have recumbents, just none in my town.  The 4th of July makes four years since I got My Stratus XP.  Last week I added the Xstream.  Researching that bike led me over to this site.  I noticed several familiar names.  So, now I have two places where kindred spirits "get it".

Gary

Welcome, I'm sure there is great riding in Kentucky, it's a beautiful p,ace.

2017 Cruzbike V20
2019 ICE VTX Black
Email   IP Logged
jman
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #218 - Jun 29th, 2012, 10:33am

Hey Gary, glad you found us.  Smiley

My car is a Recumbent
Bent in Ft.Worth
Email   IP Logged
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Reply #219 - Jun 29th, 2012, 1:44pm

Gary, I'm from Kentucky - Lexington to be exact.  My wife and I are planning a trip back home around the 6th of August or somewhere in that area.  We're bringing the bikes if you'd like to help us find some rides!  Last time we did the bourbon trail around Frankfort, which was a gas.

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
spudman1

rbent member

Reply #220 - Jun 29th, 2012, 1:57pm

Quote from aikigreg on Jun 29th, 2012, 1:44pm:
Gary, I'm from Kentucky - Lexington to be exact.  My wife and I are planning a trip back home around the 6th of August or somewhere in that area.  We're bringing the bikes if you'd like to help us find some rides!  Last time we did the bourbon trail around Frankfort, which was a gas.

I live in London so I'm definitely close by.  I have ridden mostly around London.  We have a new bike club here that rides two or three times a week and usually has groups of different levels go out together and then adjusts the rides accordingly.  They've taken me in as one of their own.  I'd be happy to have you join us or maybe I can meet up with you for a ride when you are in the state.

IP Logged
JimFPU
Five Star Member

RBENT member, now in
Virginia.  I miss
Texas!

Reply #221 - Jun 29th, 2012, 4:05pm

The 4th of July makes four years since I got My Stratus XP.  Last week I added the Xstream.

I love my SXP.  But by the stories I see all the time the X-streme is the next step.  Cool.

Hey Paul, maybe need to start looking for one for me in a few years!

'13 Bluevelo carbon Quest QB 74 - The Flaming Eyeball
'12 ICE Sprint X 26

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_cUvLNb9JJ6UAQkw7KYDQw

Store: https://flaming-eyeball-graphics.square.site
WWW   IP Logged
Action Lad
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #222 - Jun 29th, 2012, 9:16pm

Hello Texas.

Gary

Welcome, Gary!
I am so hearing you on this, "I can't imagine what it's like to ride with other recumbents."
Before I got into recumbents, I never rode with anyone because of the poor--and frankly, dangerous--attitudes and behaviors of upright cyclists.  I discovered bents on YouTube one winter, when there was no riding locally for the cold.  Pretty cool.  Then I found the trikes of the lot.  Hmmm, interesting.  Then when I laid my tired eyes on big wheel trikes, it was love.  Not only do I have the ride of my dreams, but I found a recumbent group that "gets it", the Clowns, and they let me ride with them.  For the first time in my life, I can go, "Ahhhh" as I ride.  

There is one level left to attain to for true Heaven on Earth, to ride in a brisk paceline with other trikes.

I think the world will collide when that happens, so I don't mind putting that off.   Roll Eyes  

"You can't see paradise if you don't pedal!"
T.J. Fowler -- Chicken Run
  IP Logged
CruzbikeChris

rbent member

Reply #223 - Jul 23rd, 2012, 9:00pm

Well here I am. And old time runner and MB road rider, tinkerer. Got interested when I saw the kit Cruzbike and became obsessed. Now I got it all put together and can ride it. Rides great and yes it is very different then the rest, like me. FWD moving bottom bracket but it sure is fun. My first bent but probably not my last. Got on this site due to Phantom Rider bragging about it every day at work of how active ya'l are. That's pretty cool to find look forward to riding with the groups at the local rides.

Chris

2013 Cruzbike Silvio 2.1
2017 Cannondale Trail 5 for the off road times
  IP Logged
Phantom Rider
Five Star Member

Reply #224 - Jul 23rd, 2012, 9:30pm

Quote from CruzbikeChris on Jul 23rd, 2012, 9:00pm:
Well here I am. And old time runner and MB road rider, tinkerer. Got interested when I saw the kit Cruzbike and became obsessed. Now I got it all put together and can ride it. Rides great and yes it is very different then the rest, like me. FWD moving bottom bracket but it sure is fun. My first bent but probably not my last. Got on this site due to Phantom Rider bragging about it every day at work of how active ya'l are. That's pretty cool to find look forward to riding with the groups at the local rides.

Welcome Chris, it's good to see you on here.

2017 Cruzbike V20
2019 ICE VTX Black
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 28
Send Topic Print