Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Apr 27th, 2024, 2:01pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 
Send Topic Print
Introduce yourself! (Read 197831 times)
Jim_the_Nomad

rbent member

Re: Introduce yourself!
Reply #405 - Oct 18th, 2018, 5:33pm

My name is Jim.  

I got into recumbents when I was ten years old thanks to my dad. Dad has had back problems my entire life (was having surgery as I was leaving the womb). This led him o recumbents in the late 80's. I've been picking up his hand-me-down bikes as long as I can remember.

As of this post, my stable includes a Ryan Vanguard, Easy Racers Gold Rush, Vision R82 tandem, and an ICE Vortex.

I've lived in North Alabama, Central Florida, Houston, Southern California, and now Dallas. I got into bike commuting and ebikes back in California and have been trying to figure out the safest way to do that in Dallas.  

I haven't found my North Texas "biking buddies" yet, but ran into Mr. Wizard on Bentrider, who recommended I check out RBent.

Hello everyone!

Email   IP Logged
Phantom Rider
Five Star Member

Reply #406 - Oct 18th, 2018, 6:15pm

Greetings Jim and welcome.  I’m a Fort Worth boy so not much help to you on the other side of 360 but there are plenty of good folks here who are.

Quote from Jim_the_Nomad on Oct 18th, 2018, 5:33pm:
My name is Jim.

I got into recumbents when I was ten years old thanks to my dad. Dad has had back problems my entire life (was having surgery as I was leaving the womb). This led him o recumbents in the late 80's. I've been picking up his hand-me-down bikes as long as I can remember.

As of this post, my stable includes a Ryan Vanguard, Easy Racers Gold Rush, Vision R82 tandem, and an ICE Vortex.

I've lived in North Alabama, Central Florida, Houston, Southern California, and now Dallas. I got into bike commuting and ebikes back in California and have been trying to figure out the safest way to do that in Dallas.

I haven't found my North Texas "biking buddies" yet, but ran into Mr. Wizard on Bentrider, who recommended I check out RBent.

Hello everyone!

2017 Cruzbike V20
2019 ICE VTX Black
SOLD - 2011 GT Karakorem 1.0 - 2012 Lightning Phantom II - 2004 Lightning P38 2013 Rans Rifle 2014 Catrike 700 - 2014 Bacchetta CA2
Email   IP Logged
jayg
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #407 - Oct 19th, 2018, 6:43pm

Quote from Jim_the_Nomad on Oct 18th, 2018, 5:33pm:
My name is Jim.

Hello everyone!

Welcome to the Forum.

Some of us ride at White Rock Lake. See: http://rbentonline.org/YaBB.pl?num=1240255446

Some of us also do the RBM Recumbent Ride on the last Saturday of each month (April thru October). Roll out is at 8:30 AM from the Campbell Rd. store.

A few of us do the GDB/PBA Plano East Side Ride. Roll out is at 9:30 AM from the back parking lot of Plano Cycling and Fitness on 18th St. in Plano.

Email   IP Logged
reever

rbent member

Reply #408 - May 25th, 2019, 8:07pm

I introduced myself some years back, but I'm going to re-introduce myself again, since I feel this is the new me. My beautiful wife Beth and I are leaving the great state of TEXAS and moving to Inverness, Florida to a really neat recumbent community. Gary and Gay Bradford who hosted the big carb load party each year before the HHH will be my almost next door neighbors. The Hansens, Dan and Robyn will be our caddy-corner next door neighbors. Everyone remembers Dan for that awesome workshop he gave at the HOT in Austin one year, where he covered everything about recumbent riding from stem to stern, top to bottom, never-rode to faster-than-snot.
We love Texas--been here since '74. Folks were sharecroppers here, kids were born here, educated here. It will put a hole in our lives, BUT being a block from the Withlacoochee trail........46 miles of nuttin but bikes n trikes......WOW. As my west Texas aunts and uncles used to say all the time, "Y'all come!"

Adults should have fun so kids will want to grow up!

For every mile of road there's two miles of ditch.

I'd rather be sorry for something I did than for something I didn't do.
Email   IP Logged
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Reply #409 - May 25th, 2019, 9:44pm

Well darn. I was looking forward to riding with you again!

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
reever

rbent member

Reply #410 - May 26th, 2019, 11:42am

My pleasure and privilege breathing the same Texas air as you Greg!

Adults should have fun so kids will want to grow up!

For every mile of road there's two miles of ditch.

I'd rather be sorry for something I did than for something I didn't do.
Email   IP Logged
jrob_bent
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #411 - May 26th, 2019, 3:03pm

I guess this means you aren't moving to the Dallas area then! Ha! When I come to Florida in the winter I'll give you a holler and we can go ride. If it is the same Dan Hansen, he is pretty fast! Good luck with your move Jim.

Jerry

I get about 15 miles per honey bun!
Email   IP Logged
jrob_bent
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #412 - Jun 4th, 2019, 9:26pm

Quote from reever on May 25th, 2019, 8:07pm:
I introduced myself some years back, but I'm going to re-introduce myself again, since I feel this is the new me. My beautiful wife Beth and I are leaving the great state of TEXAS and moving to Inverness, Florida to a really neat recumbent community. Gary and Gay Bradford who hosted the big carb load party each year before the HHH will be my almost next door neighbors. The Hansens, Dan and Robyn will be our caddy-corner next door neighbors. Everyone remembers Dan for that awesome workshop he gave at the HOT in Austin one year, where he covered everything about recumbent riding from stem to stern, top to bottom, never-rode to faster-than-snot.
We love Texas--been here since '74. Folks were sharecroppers here, kids were born here, educated here. It will put a hole in our lives, BUT being a block from the Withlacoochee trail........46 miles of nuttin but bikes n trikes......WOW. As my west Texas aunts and uncles used to say all the time, "Y'all come!"

Jim, be careful on that trail. Look at this idiot in a stolen truck with the State Troopers chasing him and he turns onto the Withlacoochee trail. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEKyPHQpAHw&feature=youtu.be

I get about 15 miles per honey bun!
Email   IP Logged
ark40

rbent member

Reply #413 - Jul 1st, 2020, 10:01pm

Hi everyone,my name is Zahid, I'm a new bent rider 55 yes old. After decades of slaving on diamond frame bikes I finally decided I am too old to be suffering from wrist, neck and butt pain after long rides. So finally got the courage to buy a high racer from someone selling it in Denton. Today I took the courage to ride it on the Blue Bonnet trail (I live in Plano) for the first time. Wasn't too bad only had to get off 2 to 3 times. The gentleman who sold me the bike indicated that this mightt be a good forum to join for north TX riders.
Looking forward to meeting some of you and learning the mechanics and techniques of riding a recumbent. Oh and the only recumbent I have is a Volae high racer. I'll post a picture once I figure out how to from Flickr.

« Last Edit: Jul 2nd, 2020, 8:13am by ark40 »  
Email   IP Logged
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Reply #414 - Jul 1st, 2020, 10:40pm

Welcome to the fun Zahid!  This is a great group of friendly people and we will help and ride with you whenever we can!

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
rmillay
Five Star Member

rbent member; go
Clowns!

Reply #415 - Jul 3rd, 2020, 6:23pm

Welcome, Zahid!  The Clowns, who meet up at White Rock Lake in the morning on Tuesdays and Thursdays, will actually ride with anyone, and the lake isn't all that far to come.  Coronavirus has co-opted the main attraction, namely, breakfast at Barbec's.  But, the pandemic can't last forever, can it?  Also, you have one of our members with a recumbent-oriented shop in Plano--Bicycle Evolution, at Los Rios and Park.  Tell Doug I sent you.

Catrike 700
RANS Formula LE , sold
Catrike Musashi
Catrike Speed
Catrike Speed, sold back

"It [Nissan Titan] wasn't named truck of the year because it wasn't the best!" Clay Cooley in his TV a
Email   IP Logged
ark40

rbent member

Reply #416 - Jul 3rd, 2020, 11:53pm

Thanks Doug, I go to WRC trail frequently on my weekend rides. May be I can catch the clowns on Tue and Thu mornings. I'll go check out Bicycle Evolution

Email   IP Logged
rrgrandad

rbent member

Reply #417 - Nov 4th, 2021, 2:16pm

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipOzHnMA4YVGM7Jw3YHRz7xt8gIeBgKFzy2agqML Hi, I'm Norm and I live in Dallas.  Wife and I are new to recumbent trikes.  Hope to meet some of you out riding!  

« Last Edit: Nov 4th, 2021, 2:17pm by rrgrandad »  
Email   IP Logged
rmillay
Five Star Member

rbent member; go
Clowns!

Reply #418 - Nov 4th, 2021, 7:06pm

Hi, Norm.  If you ride at White Rock Lake on Tuesday or Thursday mornings, you will likely be able to see some of us there.

Catrike 700
RANS Formula LE , sold
Catrike Musashi
Catrike Speed
Catrike Speed, sold back

"It [Nissan Titan] wasn't named truck of the year because it wasn't the best!" Clay Cooley in his TV a
Email   IP Logged
Coach

rbent member

Reply #419 - Mar 8th, 2023, 12:16pm

Hello, All - I have been biking since 5. So that makes 70 years. I just acquired a Catrike Villager and so I am in the learning phase. I plan to ride where I can see something other than 4 walls on a stationary bike. I have had one total knee replacement to this point. Perhaps the other down the road, literally. I need to ride to burn calories and see what it does to my lower back pain due to vertebrate slippage off of S1. FWIW - I am also a Certified Bowling Instructor and an I.T. Instructor at Collin College. In addition, I offer computer services, primarily Microsoft rather than MAC. I am a Green Bay Packers shareholder and lead a watch group during the season. Let me hear from you with common interests.

Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 
Send Topic Print