Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Apr 29th, 2024, 10:50am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 28
Send Topic Print
Introduce yourself! (Read 197936 times)
diannalightning
Five Star Member

rbent member

Re: Introduce yourself!
Reply #180 - Nov 30th, 2010, 5:45pm

Shelley, were you on the Turkey Roll?  I saw a purple Cat 2-wheeler on that ride and it was really moving.  Glad you're back on a bike and enjoying riding again.

IP Logged
shellbear

Reply #181 - Nov 30th, 2010, 8:35pm

I was indeed!  I didn't see any other purple Catbikes so I guess that was me.  Smiley

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!!

"As soon as you're born you start dying, so you might as well have a good time." -Cake
  IP Logged
Don

rbent member

Reply #182 - Dec 1st, 2010, 3:11pm

Welcome to the Board Shelley,  I like the color of your Bike  Smiley  i dont ride in yawls neck of the woods but i love reading about you speedster riders and the group rides.

Thanks Don

Email   IP Logged
mikep

rbent member

Reply #183 - Feb 9th, 2011, 11:49am

Greetings everyone,

I have hesitated long enough now to introduce myself ...so here goes...

My name is Mike Pollard, my wife Lisa and I live in north east Fort Worth.  In late 2005 I suffered a stroke which resulted in me having limited use of my left arm/hand.  This caused me to research different options for bicycling as I was an avid mountain biker before the CVA.  In 2007 I purchased a tadpole trike and have been riding with the goofy recumbent grin ever since Smiley.  Recently we bought two new Tour Easy's when City Cyclist was closing, and just in time for the weather to get nasty and days short.  As a result of a busy schedule and the weather/short days I haven't gotten to ride as much as I would have preferred.  However, I expect to take care of that in the very near future.

Most of my riding is at River Legacy or Trinity Trails, but I have been really looking forward to joining some of the group rides as soon as I can.   I am hopefully going to be able to meet many of you when the rides start picking back up again.  I am also on facebook so look me up http://www.facebook.com/#!/txmp62 .

Best regards to all,
Mikep

Usually so far behind I feel like I'm in first place!

Tour Easy LE
Performance XPR Arrow trike
Email txmp62   IP Logged
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Reply #184 - Feb 9th, 2011, 2:11pm

Hey Mike - glad you're here, I've probably seen you a time or two on the trails since i live on them, and DJ practically owns it on his Bacchetta.  I see you're an ME, is that right?  One of my bent racing buddies in Portland is an ME as well.  

Look forward to seeing you out there.  My wife and I ride the trails a lot, and always love an excuse to get to ride with people, so don't hesitate to post on our upcoming rides section if you're going out for a stroll or something.  Happy benting!

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
Action Lad
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #185 - Feb 9th, 2011, 2:35pm

Welcome, Mike!
Which tadpole trike do you own?  I have a Catrike 700.

"You can't see paradise if you don't pedal!"
T.J. Fowler -- Chicken Run
  IP Logged
Bud_Bent

Reply #186 - Feb 10th, 2011, 9:02am

Welcome, Mike. I'm in Crowley. There aren't that many of us in the Fort Worth area. But, Greg hosts an rbent ride every now and then, and Paul does a mid-city ride at DFW airport every once in a while. Join us at one of those.

Bud
* 2009 RANS F-5 Pro
* 2009 RANS XStream
* 2004 RANS Screamer
My Blog - uneasy-rider.com
WWW   IP Logged
goldentouch

rbent member

Reply #187 - Feb 10th, 2011, 1:37pm

Welcome Mike You will enjoy everyone here

2010 ICE Sprint
2010 Stratus XP XXL
2010 Sun EZ-3 USX HD
2008 Rans V3
2001 V-Rex
Email   IP Logged
Lrodshy57

rbent member

Re: Introduce yourself!Leo Roderick Guajardo, 11
Reply #188 - Feb 10th, 2011, 3:53pm

hi, Again! I been off since my old pc went kaput, now have an apple and still no too friendley with it! Not sure if I can go back for any more lessons! not done much rising since weather gone donw! now an working on plan to trap feral hogs to fill my frezer, want to buy a ranch and also raised pheasents, rabbits, chickens, etc and make recumbebt s trikes

Sincerly, Lrodshy57     retired surveyor in oOak cliff

Email   IP Logged
mikep

rbent member

Reply #189 - Feb 11th, 2011, 2:35pm

Hey Greg, Bud, Action Lad, and Goldentouch thanks for the warm welcome!!

Greg...yes I am an ME investigator now after retiring from police work because of the stroke Smiley.  
Action Lad the trike is a Performance XPR Arrow  

I am looking forward to getting acquainted very soon with everyone.

Regards,
Mikep

Usually so far behind I feel like I'm in first place!

Tour Easy LE
Performance XPR Arrow trike
Email txmp62   IP Logged
GBRAD

rbent member

Reply #190 - Apr 29th, 2011, 2:16pm

Hello - we are Gary (age 65) and Gay (age 62) Bradford.  We are both retired from US Immigration Service in Dallas, Texas, and live in Iowa Park, Texas, which is near Wichita Falls.  We got involved in cycling about 4 years ago, when we decided we needed a form of exercise that was less stressful than volleyball, softball and other sports, and easier on the joints!  We bought hybrid DFs and rode in the Hotter'N Hell Hundred for the last 4 years.  In researching bicycles, Gary decided that there was a more comfortable and efficient way to go, so we purchased two Scarab recumbent trikes, which were very comfortable and fun to ride.  However, the competitive nature of my husband "came out" when recumbent bike rider Mark Leuck flew by his trike during a ride in Humble, Texas last February.  Gary then decided that we needed recumbent bikes, and he quickly purchased the Optima Baron for himself, and a Bacchetta Strada for me.  We have only been able to make a couple of training runs, and are still learning about and getting comfortable with the recumbents.  We look forward to testing them (and ourselves) in future rides.  We also look forward to meeting fellow Rbent members in rides this summer.

Mark -- I don't believe Gary will be seriously challenging you for some time to come.

Email   IP Logged
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Reply #191 - Apr 29th, 2011, 3:50pm

Uh-oh, you guys look like you're going to be terrorizing the roads very quickly!  Glad to have you on RBENT.  We'll have to have the RBENT party the night before HHH.

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
diannalightning
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #192 - Apr 29th, 2011, 4:30pm

Gary and Gay, good to have you on the forum.  You will definitely have to join the R-Bent folks before the HHH.  There will be a posting on the forum of when and where.  I look forward to meeting you in person.

IP Logged
Lrodshy57

rbent member

Reply #193 - Apr 29th, 2011, 5:25pm

Hi, gary and gay! welcome!
if we ever see each other, I hope you don't ask me for my 'green card', I used to have one, but, it is now platinum  Grin! Yes! I do speak some Spanish
Wish my orange "dragon Flyer was purple. like my ranger truck

Email   IP Logged
Bud_Bent

Reply #194 - Apr 30th, 2011, 7:24pm

Welcome, Gary and Gay! I'll look forward to seeing you at HHH.

Bud
* 2009 RANS F-5 Pro
* 2009 RANS XStream
* 2004 RANS Screamer
My Blog - uneasy-rider.com
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 28
Send Topic Print