Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Apr 29th, 2024, 8:25am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 28
Send Topic Print
Introduce yourself! (Read 197927 times)
goldentouch

rbent member

Re: Introduce yourself!
Reply #195 - Apr 30th, 2011, 8:24pm

Welcome Gary and Gay  Nice looking bikes

2010 ICE Sprint
2010 Stratus XP XXL
2010 Sun EZ-3 USX HD
2008 Rans V3
2001 V-Rex
Email   IP Logged
russellkanning

Reply #196 - Jun 2nd, 2011, 10:59am

Hello gang,
I am new to this forum and to Texas. I live in the country between Hillsboro and Corsicana.
I came to this forum because I am looking for a comfortable bike/trike to get to town with (16 miles to Walmart) and my cheap DF will not do the trick., and to meet other cool bent fans.
I bike for pleasure in nice weather to smell the roses usually.
I used to pedal for work and groceries in Keene, NH on a cheap DF (college town, flat and very bike-able). And I did without a car at all for about a year in Santa Clarita, CA  with a Rhodes car (quad) and cheap DF (flat for shopping and also very easy to bike the streets and paths) after someone totalled my mid-life crisis car ('66 Mustang).
I like pedaling for the fresh air, exercise, and money savings. The quadcycle was very fun with its comfy seat, nice view and driving safety, and the huge cooler I kept in back that held my lemonade for when I was sitting at lights. Kids loved to join me if I was just running around residential streets and the thing was a blast down hills and even in traffic, since I was so visible.

ok, I guess that is enough for now. Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Lrodshy57

rbent member

Reply #197 - Jun 2nd, 2011, 1:19pm

how about checking out my add selling a SideWinder recumbent trike?bet you can find rubber wiskers on tires , since not been ridden much.Also have a little used recumbent bike, made by "tour Easy"IN Dallas, 75203

Email   IP Logged
jdviz

Mushashi Rider &
Sloshbuckler

Reply #198 - Aug 3rd, 2011, 9:31am

Hi there,  

I'd like to introduce ourselves. My wife is Elizabeth, and I"m JD. We've lived in a loft in downtown Dallas, in amongst the sky scrapers, since 2005. Our Sun EZ-1s joined the family around 2007ish, and we've loved having them. They might not be fast, but they are extremely comfortable. I keep calling them couches on wheels.

About 7 weeks ago, we started training for our first run on the Hotter'N Hell Hundred this August. We started it as a goal to help us lose weight (which is working like a champ), but it has since become a little obsession with us. We're loving being out 6 days a week, even in the heat. Although, I don't think our little EZ-1s were meant for such a pace. We'll baby them along for this year, but in the next month or two, we'll be ordering two spankin' Musashi Catbikes. We can't wait! We'll keep our EZs for commuting & grocery runs and such, but we're greatly looking forward to some real speed.

Until I started the research on which recumbents we wanted to upgrade to, we had no idea there was such a large community of recumbent riders here in Dallas. We look forward to meeting y'all.

We can be seen most days except thursdays (our rest day) cruising around WhiteRock Lake in the heat of the day.

JD-

pics to follow...

« Last Edit: Aug 3rd, 2011, 9:33am by jdviz »  

JD-
Musashi Rider
www.sloshbucklers.com
WWW   IP Logged
Lrodshy57

rbent member

Reply #199 - Aug 3rd, 2011, 2:48pm

welcomed , Jd and Liz!
sine you're downtown, how about crossing the bridge to Oakcliff and ride around lake cilff park, not really senic but I can't make a loop without being stopped and ask about my dragonFlyer  
No I don't ride in 100 or plu heat, need to loose weight , not pass out Cool
Use the empty old  bridge behind the train station and return on empty new one
when cooler I am the  somewhat 'plump' guy on a orange trike

Email   IP Logged
kenbent6
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #200 - Aug 3rd, 2011, 5:21pm

jdvis, JD, you and Liz come down to Barbecs cafe on Garland rd Tuesday or Thursday and meet and ride with the Rbent group. We eat breakfast at 8:00am them go for a ride around the lake till each gives up. Ken.

IP Logged
jayg
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #201 - Aug 3rd, 2011, 7:29pm

Quote from kenbent6 on Aug 3rd, 2011, 5:21pm:
jdvis, JD, you and Liz come down to Barbecs cafe on Garland rd Tuesday or Thursday and meet and ride with the Rbent group. We eat breakfast at 8:00am them go for a ride around the lake till each gives up. Ken.

Yes, come join us. Will be nice to have an increase in the Musashi population at WRL. I'm riding a black 2011 Musashi.

Email   IP Logged
Action Lad
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #202 - Aug 3rd, 2011, 8:39pm

Welcome, JD, and Elizabeth
I'm with the Clowns sometimes on Tuesdays.  The car is down, so I'm not as regular as I normally am.  When possible I ride in from McKinney.  I am on a Catrike 700, so you won't be so lonely.

"You can't see paradise if you don't pedal!"
T.J. Fowler -- Chicken Run
  IP Logged
Bud_Bent

Reply #203 - Aug 3rd, 2011, 9:08pm

Welcome, JD and Elizabeth. Quite a few of us will be at HHH. Give us a hello at the recumbent start.

Bud
* 2009 RANS F-5 Pro
* 2009 RANS XStream
* 2004 RANS Screamer
My Blog - uneasy-rider.com
WWW   IP Logged
Lrodshy57

rbent member

Reply #204 - Aug 4th, 2011, 10:00am

Russell,
what can you tell me abou the feral hog situation in that part of texas? have read that we're overun with them. Do you hunt /trap them? I have a trap with cage set up in Kaufam in ranch owned by HS friend have taped and shot four now but wants to sell his 15 acreas. I have a welder so can make more of same Contact me at "lrodshy57@yahoo.com"
There is another member named akigreg, not sure, maybe he will also contact you.Think he revered his correct name, Yes, I butcher the hogs, maybe greg does too.

Email   IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Reply #205 - Aug 4th, 2011, 11:59am

Quote from jdviz on Aug 3rd, 2011, 9:31am:
... in the next month or two, we'll be ordering two spankin' Musashi Catbikes. We can't wait! We'll keep our EZs for commuting & grocery runs and such, but we're greatly looking forward to some real speed.

Nice upgrade, glad the recumbent experience agrees with you!!!  Welcome aboard -- I started on an EZ-1 myself...

Paul

"A hundred miles on a bike? How many
days does that take you?"

Email FlyingLaZBoy   IP Logged
jdviz

Mushashi Rider &
Sloshbuckler

Reply #206 - Aug 4th, 2011, 4:44pm

Thanks for the welcomes. Yeah we'll keep the EZs around for commuting to drunken frolics on the weekends.

JD-
Musashi Rider
www.sloshbucklers.com
WWW   IP Logged
Monkeywrangler22
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #207 - Sep 30th, 2011, 9:53pm

Hi, I'm Vicky and my husband is Dave.  My ride is a 2004 Vrex, and his is a Vision R54.  We both got our bents this summer, via another member on this and other forums.  We're in McKinney, and ride short rides during the week, and try for one or two longer rides on the weekend.  I'm interested in randonneuring (100-200K ), and Dave is planning on riding a double century before he hits 50!

The Monkeywrangler's blog
Schlitter Encore
Fisher HKEK - Spec. Roubaix
Seavo - Serenity
Email   IP Logged
jman
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #208 - Oct 1st, 2011, 7:55am

Quote from Monkeywrangler22 on Sep 30th, 2011, 9:53pm:
Hi, I'm Vicky and my husband is Dave.  My ride is a 2004 Vrex, and his is a Vision R54.  We both got our bents this summer, via another member on this and other forums.  We're in McKinney, and ride short rides during the week, and try for one or two longer rides on the weekend.  I'm interested in randonneuring (100-200K ), and Dave is planning on riding a double century before he hits 50!

SmileyWelcome to the gang, if you ever make it over to the Trinity Trails, I'ld love tom meet up with you.  Hope you meet many new bent friends here.
Joe

My car is a Recumbent
Bent in Ft.Worth
Email   IP Logged
Monkeywrangler22
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #209 - Oct 1st, 2011, 3:33pm

Hoping to meet up with some bent riders here in the McKinney area...Lots of nice routes to the north of here...

The Monkeywrangler's blog
Schlitter Encore
Fisher HKEK - Spec. Roubaix
Seavo - Serenity
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 28
Send Topic Print