Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Apr 29th, 2024, 10:19am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 28
Send Topic Print
Introduce yourself! (Read 197934 times)
bikerteam
Five Star Member

Exceed Your
Limitations

Re: Introduce yourself!
Reply #150 - Feb 4th, 2010, 12:10pm

Bob rode my xtream about 20 miles and did great, prior to his Strada purchase.  I got a facebook invite from Bob a few days ago.  I'm not active on facbook, and don't really know what I'm doing.  Anyway, if you can link up to me on facebook you can see him under my friends (I think), then we can maybe get him on this link.

Bob is also a LSR member.  I remember coming up on him a few years ago on his "fixie".  He rode that thing on the Cherry Pie Hill 200k.

Ray Torrey
Email   IP Logged
goldentouch

rbent member

Reply #151 - Mar 21st, 2010, 2:40pm

Eddie Golden  63 years young.  Just got back into cycling in January 2010 after about 25 years lay off.  I bought a comfort bike and liked it, but when I started reading about recumbents I bought a Sun EZ-3 USX HD.  At 6'5" and 270 I need a heavy frame and wheels to carry all this lard that I want to loose.  I am now down to 260 and called City Cyclist where I got the Sun and they are ordering a Rans Stratus XXL for me to try.   If I can stay on it for a few minutes it is headed back home with me.   I have over 30 years in law enforcement and work in the Dallas area.   I live just outside of Wills Point and drive back and forth each day about 60 miles.  My rides around here are not the best with large pot holes and areas that have gone back to dirt and rock.  You have to be real careful when riding.  I am thinking changing to a larger tire on the Stratus might be the perfect ticket for my riding.

2010 ICE Sprint
2010 Stratus XP XXL
2010 Sun EZ-3 USX HD
2008 Rans V3
2001 V-Rex
Email   IP Logged
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Reply #152 - Mar 21st, 2010, 3:15pm

Good to see you, Eddie.  Glad you liked dealing with City Cyclist - Mike has worked hard to grow his business and I certainly support them as much as possible.  Hope to see you on an upcoming RBENT event!

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
goldentouch

rbent member

Reply #153 - Mar 31st, 2010, 7:10pm

I would like to attend some of the events.  I drive by WRL and see everyone riding and I am stuffed in a Charger.  I have meetings that cover most of the day and I also live about 60 miles east of Dallas.  I might make it one weekend to WRL and just ride around and enjoy myself.   Smiley

2010 ICE Sprint
2010 Stratus XP XXL
2010 Sun EZ-3 USX HD
2008 Rans V3
2001 V-Rex
Email   IP Logged
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Reply #154 - Mar 31st, 2010, 7:18pm

What about our event on Sunday the 11th?

Quote from goldentouch on Mar 31st, 2010, 7:10pm:
I would like to attend some of the events.  I drive by WRL and see everyone riding and I am stuffed in a Charger.  I have meetings that cover most of the day and I also live about 60 miles east of Dallas.  I might make it one weekend to WRL and just ride around and enjoy myself.   Smiley

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
goldentouch

rbent member

Reply #155 - Apr 1st, 2010, 5:52am

I am going out of town starting tomorrow and will not be getting back in until Sunday the 11th.  I will try and make another one later on.

2010 ICE Sprint
2010 Stratus XP XXL
2010 Sun EZ-3 USX HD
2008 Rans V3
2001 V-Rex
Email   IP Logged
Patti
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #156 - Apr 1st, 2010, 7:42am

If you can get away, join us at the Heart of Texas Catrike Rally and Bent Event, in Austin on April 16, 17, 18.

http://www.hotcatrally.com/

IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Reply #157 - Jun 26th, 2010, 6:44pm

Heeeeeeere's GoldenTouch!  (And Jay Gorman)

And here's Tony Ward

And Andy Floyd

"A hundred miles on a bike? How many
days does that take you?"

Email FlyingLaZBoy   IP Logged
goldentouch

rbent member

Reply #158 - Jun 26th, 2010, 6:57pm

I enjoyed meeting you at your rest stop.   I hope you had a great ride

2010 ICE Sprint
2010 Stratus XP XXL
2010 Sun EZ-3 USX HD
2008 Rans V3
2001 V-Rex
Email   IP Logged
froglegz57

rbent member

Reply #159 - Jul 6th, 2010, 1:44pm

Good afternoon gents and ladies.  I just joined but am not too new to laid back riding.  I am in Charlotte, NC and am always looking for a riding partner for anything from 15 to 100 miles.  Drop me a line and we will ride or check out my web site www.recumbentbikestrikes.com   It is dedicated to recumbents and of course me.

The lawn chair with wheels!!!!
Email WWW   IP Logged
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Reply #160 - Jul 6th, 2010, 9:10pm

Quote from froglegz57 on Jul 6th, 2010, 1:44pm:
Good afternoon gents and ladies.  I just joined but am not too new to laid back riding.  I am in Charlotte, NC and am always looking for a riding partner for anything from 15 to 100 miles.  Drop me a line and we will ride or check out my web site www.recumbentbikestrikes.com   It is dedicated to recumbents and of course me.

Looking for partner in TX?

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
jman
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #161 - Jul 8th, 2010, 5:23pm

Quote from goldentouch on Mar 21st, 2010, 2:40pm:
Eddie Golden  63 years young.  Just got back into cycling in January 2010 after about 25 years lay off.  I bought a comfort bike and liked it, but when I started reading about recumbents I bought a Sun EZ-3 USX HD.I am thinking changing to a larger tire on the Stratus might be the perfect ticket for my riding.  

Hey Eddie, and all you other new folks,  Smiley
I also am 63 and have a bit of that "emergency lard" onboard, hey you never know when an emergency may pop up and no food available  Smiley so surplus is a good thing. Hope to get to ride with you sometime only you don't need to worry about speed with me along, I am a slow poke.I am used to everyone waiting for me at the top of each hill  Grin
Happy Trails,
Joe/Ft.Worth

My car is a Recumbent
Bent in Ft.Worth
Email   IP Logged
goldentouch

rbent member

Reply #162 - Jul 8th, 2010, 7:15pm

Hi Jman it sounds like we could get along great.  My average speed is about 11.5 on the Stratus.  Nothing fast and I find myself just enjoying the ride.  I too have a lot invested in my spare tire.  It has been getting bigger over the years.   I am in Dallas most of the week so give me a call on my cell
214-882-2189 If nothing else I can buy you lunch.  I always make time to eat.

2010 ICE Sprint
2010 Stratus XP XXL
2010 Sun EZ-3 USX HD
2008 Rans V3
2001 V-Rex
Email   IP Logged
jman
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #163 - Jul 9th, 2010, 8:29am

Quote from goldentouch on Jul 8th, 2010, 7:15pm:
Hi Jman it sounds like we could get along great.  My average speed is about 11.5 on the Stratus.  Nothing fast and I find myself just enjoying the ride.  I too have a lot invested in my spare tire.  It has been getting bigger over the years.   I am in Dallas most of the week so give me a call on my cell
214-882-2189 If nothing else I can buy you lunch.  I always make time to eat.  

I am not that good on my tadpole yet, it takes a different set of muscles than I have on the EZ3 where I can avg around 10-11mph. The tad is new to me and I only have 5 rides on it so far but my speed is going to comes as I am at just over 8mph already, so maybe by the end of July or into Aug my speed will get up to a nice 10-12mph which is what you can expect out of a Sun EZ Tad, they are not speed machines for sure :L))
Right now my old truck is misbehaving and wants a tune up that my son Josh is going to look into for me, it is not ideling right for an old diesel 2.2L :L)) so hopefully he can fix it for me and I can feel safe going to Dallas. For now I am going to have to settle for my nice little River Legacy Park in Arlington to ride in, which is a nice 15 mile closed paved path. If the rains go away maybe you can pop on over this way for a ride. The park is very nice and has lots of shaded areas to relieve the summer heat while riding and no cars to mess with.It is located just off Industrial on the north side of Arlington near hwy 360.

My car is a Recumbent
Bent in Ft.Worth
Email   IP Logged
Mark

rbent member

Reply #164 - Jul 19th, 2010, 8:17pm

I'm a new member of the forum and a new recumbent trike owner.  My name is Mark.  I'm 63 and live in DeSoto. I usually ride in the Joe Pool Lake, Cedar Hill, Midlothian, & Ovilla area.  I picked up my new 2010 Catrike Expedition on June 30.  I've ridden about 350 miles so far and really love it.  I haven't been on my up right bike since I picked up the Catrike.  I rode in the Peach Pedal a few weeks ago and the Gorman Peanut Tour this past weekend. I plan on doing the BAM rally this weekend and the Goatneck in a couple of weeks.  I'm a member of the Lone Star Cyclist and have only ridden with them once since I've been on my trike.  I was pretty slow and I'm not sure I'll be riding with them very much unless it is with an easy paced ride.  I'm hoping I'll increase my speed.  I seem to be about 2-3 MPH slower on my trike than on my upright bike.  Below is a picture of me getting ready to start the Gorman ride.

Mark

« Last Edit: Jul 20th, 2010, 6:20am by Mark »  

Mark
me - 2010 Red Catrike Expedition
wife - 2009 Yellow Catrike Trail
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 28
Send Topic Print