Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
May 3rd, 2024, 3:25pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
The Magic Lap Club - Newest Member (Read 8131 times)
reever

rbent member

Re: The Magic Lap Club - Newest Member
Reply #30 - Feb 28th, 2019, 9:59pm

Jerry, I got spoiled on those trails in Florida. Wow, are they nice! The difference between Texas and Florida is that the state maintains the trails there and each city kind of takes care of the trails here. It makes for really long, continuous trails. They even have a golf cart thing that has a blower on it to blow the leaves off of the trail. Cool.

Adults should have fun so kids will want to grow up!

For every mile of road there's two miles of ditch.

I'd rather be sorry for something I did than for something I didn't do.
Email   IP Logged
jrob_bent
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #31 - Mar 2nd, 2019, 6:11am

They do have some great trails. They have the money now to connect Dallas with Fort Worth. And the Cotton Belt will tie into that trail and also turn and go to Plano. It will be a few years before completed though. The same nut jobs will be opposing them again.

I get about 15 miles per honey bun!
Email   IP Logged
jayg
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #32 - Mar 2nd, 2019, 8:58am

Quote from jrob_bent on Mar 2nd, 2019, 6:11am:
They do have some great trails. They have the money now to connect Dallas with Fort Worth. And the Cotton Belt will tie into that trail and also turn and go to Plano. It will be a few years before completed though. The same nut jobs will be opposing them again.

There will be a lot of octogenarian Clowns by the time Dallas and Ft. Worth are connected. We could do some birthday "ride-your-age" trips on that route. Of course we'd be on E-trikes with a lot of extra batteries.  Cheesy

Email   IP Logged
reever

rbent member

Reply #33 - Mar 2nd, 2019, 10:24am

Trikes definitely are harder to get up to speed and maintain speed due to the extra wheel. Some have some killer aerodynamics, but still two wheels are faster than three as a general rule. To me the ability to not have to worry about falling over on your ear at slow speeds is just so cool.
I'll say this....if ActionLad can't do the sub-30 thing on a trike there definitely needs to be a different standard for trikes than bikes. He's not human!!!

Adults should have fun so kids will want to grow up!

For every mile of road there's two miles of ditch.

I'd rather be sorry for something I did than for something I didn't do.
Email   IP Logged
jrob_bent
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #34 - Mar 2nd, 2019, 5:57pm

Quote from jayg on Mar 2nd, 2019, 8:58am:
Quote from jrob_bent on Mar 2nd, 2019, 6:11am:

There will be a lot of octogenarian Clowns by the time Dallas and Ft. Worth are connected. We could do some birthday "ride-your-age" trips on that route. Of course we'd be on E-trikes with a lot of extra batteries.  Cheesy

Jay you are probably right about the Dallas-Ft Wort trail. I talked to Mayor Trevino today and he says the Cotton Belt Trail will be completed from Grapevine to Richardson in 4 years. That would be a great century ride for me.

I get about 15 miles per honey bun!
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print