Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Apr 29th, 2024, 10:14am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 28
Send Topic Print
Introduce yourself! (Read 197933 times)
tohopko

Recumbent Addict

Re: Introduce yourself!
Reply #90 - May 22nd, 2009, 11:00pm

And this would be the lovely Tink, with the clearly evident "Trike Grin" on the first day out with the new Cat.

Catrike Road
CroMoly Corsa
Stratus XP
Lusting for many more!
  IP Logged
Bud_Bent

Reply #91 - May 23rd, 2009, 8:24am

Welcome, Jim and Elizabeth, great to have you on the forum!

Bud
* 2009 RANS F-5 Pro
* 2009 RANS XStream
* 2004 RANS Screamer
My Blog - uneasy-rider.com
WWW   IP Logged
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Reply #92 - May 23rd, 2009, 6:36pm

and thanks for serving our country, as well.  Look forward to seeing you at a ride sometime!

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
Richard

rbent member

Reply #93 - May 23rd, 2009, 7:43pm

Hey Jim,

and all others putting their life on the line...we appreciate you and what you are doing! Thanks for keeping us safe!

RichardC

Modified Bentech
Bacchetta Corsa

It's aaaliiiiiiiive!
  IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Reply #94 - May 23rd, 2009, 8:17pm

Welcome to the board, you two!  Don't misunderstand, it's not all about racing, it's about sharing how we all enjoy Recumbency in our different ways....  Post some ride reports on what you two do down there!

"A hundred miles on a bike? How many
days does that take you?"

Email FlyingLaZBoy   IP Logged
pinktink

rbent member

Reply #95 - May 24th, 2009, 7:54pm

Hello All - this is Elizabeth - Tohopko (Jim's) other half.  I've decided to stop lurking for a bit and post <Grin>.  

As for my rides - I ride by myself during the week.  Short jaunts in the mornig -between 6-15 miles depending on the days schedule (and if I've been spinning or hiking the night before and how much my legs are up to).  I usually ride with Diamond frame friends on the weekend - they have a 4 year old that he pulls in a Burley chariot - so usually only up for 16 miles or so.  We rode today and did 25 miles together and since we were meeting additional friends for a picnic lunch - I went for an additional 6+ miles because I really really wanted to do over 30 for the day.  Got back just in time for the burgers to be done (awesome timing if I do say so myself <grin>.

Soooo - for now while Im a geographic widow (hubby is in Afghanistan for a year) I do most of my riding by myself and find myself riding shorter distances than when we rode together before he left - a lot more fun riding distances with another.  Im working on increasing my mileage and know I will ride longer trips because I enjoy riding soo much.

We've ben riding trikes and I just recently got my Burley Jett Creek LWB that I love riding.  We've recently purchased a Rans Stratus XP - suppose to be for Jim (Tohopko) but since he's not coming home for 8 more months - he may not have a Stratus when he gets home  Grin.  

SOooo that's a bit about me and my riding.  Glad to find the group!

« Last Edit: May 24th, 2009, 10:26pm by pinktink »  

2008 Catrike Trail - Hot Pink
2005 Burley Jett Creek - Kelly Green
???? Jamis Dakr - Red
Lots more in the wishing box
  IP Logged
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Reply #96 - May 24th, 2009, 8:00pm

Tink, thre are lots of us to join up with whenever you want, depending on what part of the metroplex you're in.  My wife is dying for a bike-buddy.  Also, we are having a bent gathering on the 30th, if you haven't seen the thread - come out and say hi to everyone!

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
pinktink

rbent member

Reply #97 - May 24th, 2009, 8:04pm

LOL - hmmmm I dont think La Vernia (southeast of San Antonio) can be considered part of the metroplex <Grin>  But thanks for the invite.  I really do not mind riding by myself - its nice to open the garage door head out and flip a coin if Im going to turn left or right out of the drive.  I have the luxury of living in the country - with paved roads and I can ride 25-40 mile loops for weeks without ever riding the same exact route twice.  The locals are courteous and when we are riding the trikes - curious too!! LOL

Thanks for the welcome!

???? Jamis Dakr - Red
  IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Reply #98 - May 24th, 2009, 9:30pm

Quote from pinktink on May 24th, 2009, 7:54pm:

We've recently purchased a Bucchetta Stratus XP - suppose to be for Jim (Tohopko) but since he's not coming home for 8 more months - he may not have a Stratus when he gets home  Grin.  

Uhhh, Tink -- that's RANS, not Bacchetta, if it's the Stratus XP...   Wink   Nice choice of LWB -- it's an excellent cruising bike!

pinktink

rbent member

Reply #99 - May 24th, 2009, 9:33pm

oops - by bad - it is the Rans - he was also looking at the Giro for me - and I let my fingers type without brain assitance  Tongue

Here's a picture of me riding the Jett Creek yesterday (this was at 26 miles of a 31 mile ride):

Tink

« Last Edit: May 25th, 2009, 12:30pm by pinktink »  

???? Jamis Dakr - Red
  IP Logged
larry

rbent member

Reply #100 - May 25th, 2009, 2:56pm

Jim and Tink, God bless you both in your service to all of us. I pray often  for friends (or in my case friends' offspring!) who are deployed overseas. I will remember both the one who is gone and the one waiting at home.

IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Reply #101 - May 25th, 2009, 3:09pm

FYI, Elizabeth -- Razor's Edge in Tennesee has taken over the Burley recumbent line....

http://www.edgebike.jdittrich.fastmail.fm/A%20Welcome%20Letter

« Last Edit: May 25th, 2009, 3:10pm by FlyingLaZBoy »  

pinktink

rbent member

Reply #102 - May 25th, 2009, 5:18pm

Yup, FlyingLazboy - I knew that.  Bought my bike used - its a burley built (in 2005).   Smiley

???? Jamis Dakr - Red
  IP Logged
UofHLesley

rbent member

Reply #103 - Jun 9th, 2009, 1:06pm

Hello everyone,

My name is Lesley. I am 25 and will be graduating in the fall from the University of Houston with a Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering Technology.  

I am new to the recumbent community. What brought me here is my senior design project. For the project, my team is designing, testing, and constructing a human powered vehicle to enter the utility category of the 2010 American Society of Mechanical Engineers' Human Powered Vehicle Challenge (ASME HPVC).  

Before starting my senior design project, I had no clue that recumbent and prone bikes/trikes existed. Through over a semester of research on the market, the competition, and bike specifics, I have learned so much! In April, I even got to go to Philadelphia, PA to watch the East ASME HPVC. That was an extremely beneficial experience to see the competition first hand and speak with judges, committee members, and teams. Everyone was surprisingly really helpful and informative even though I introduced myself as a competitor for the next year.

As for cycling, until a year and a half ago I had not ridden anything further than the stationary bike at the rehab clinic after dislocating my knee in at least ten years. After a friend encouraged me and I purchased an Iron Horse mountain bike, I started riding regularly for about a year until my bike got stolen from campus while I was inside studying for a long time period. It was chained with a decent chain, but it was left unattended too long. That was back in February or so. Since then I have been bicycleless  Smiley I put another bike on layaway, so soon I will have one! Smiley

About two weeks ago, I got to ride my first recumbent at Planetary Cycles in Houston (basically our only recumbent store). I rode a TerraTrike Zoomer Elite and absolutely loved it. I also rode another one (a delta trike), but I cannot remember what brand it was. They were fantastically comfortable and handled so well (especially the Terra Trike). After this project ends, I want to obtain a recumbent. Also, I would like to build more from the knowledge gained during this project.  

I joined the RBENT forum to ask technical questions, get advice, find contacts, possibly find sponsors (we badly need help), and to find riding buddies for when I finally get a recumbent. So far I have met some very friendly and helpful people. Thank you Joe, Doug, and Andy for your help!

Lesley

Email   IP Logged
larry

rbent member

Reply #104 - Jun 9th, 2009, 3:24pm

Hi Leslie,
Welcome to the recumbent family! I am also a newbie, having purchased my first recumbent (entry-level, Sun EZ-1 SX) last Sept. as a commuter vehicle to go 5.5 miles to work each day. I am SO GLAD to have made the switch to recumbent cycling! comfortable and efficient. I have found this forum very helpful and patient with newbies asking questions. No question is too dumb--I've tried!   Grin

Hope your riding experience is pleasant.
larry

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 28
Send Topic Print