Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Apr 27th, 2024, 8:54am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 28
Send Topic Print
Introduce yourself! (Read 197824 times)
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Re: Introduce yourself!
Reply #60 - Feb 10th, 2009, 3:44pm

Oh crap, she found us!  *ducks*   Smiley

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
AustinSkater

Reply #61 - Feb 10th, 2009, 4:19pm

Quote from Killer Bee on Feb 10th, 2009, 3:05pm:

You & Bryan looked looked like naturals the day Greg & I ran into you you guys on the "pop" in Wylie.

-Steve

Thanks, you didn't here my internal comments when we saw y'all "I will not fall over, I will not fall over...."

Moving over here from the Merckx is going to be interesting, my thoughts are simple.  I'll use the Corsa as a cross-training aid for my skating.  Of course, I said the same thing about LSR when I joined them, and look where that got me.

Bryan
---------------------------
Shellene's is yellow, mine is too.
  IP Logged
Killer Bee
Five Star Member

CA2.0 proto type

Reply #62 - Feb 10th, 2009, 6:09pm

Quote from AustinSkater on Feb 10th, 2009, 4:19pm:
Quote from Killer Bee on Feb 10th, 2009, 3:05pm:

You & Bryan looked looked like naturals the day Greg & I ran into you you guys on the "pop" in Wylie.

-Steve

Thanks, you didn't here my internal comments when we saw y'all "I will not fall over, I will not fall over...."

Moving over here from the Merckx is going to be interesting, my thoughts are simple.  I'll use the Corsa as a cross-training aid for my skating.  Of course, I said the same thing about LSR when I joined them, and look where that got me.

Bryan ,my apologies..welcome to you as well.  I'm right there with ya about the LSR comment.

I like carbon fiber
Email   IP Logged
Bud_Bent

Reply #63 - Feb 10th, 2009, 6:55pm

Welcome, Shellene and Bryan!

Bud
* 2009 RANS F-5 Pro
* 2009 RANS XStream
* 2004 RANS Screamer
My Blog - uneasy-rider.com
WWW   IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Reply #64 - Feb 10th, 2009, 6:56pm

Quote from AustinSkater on Feb 10th, 2009, 4:19pm:

Welcome, Bryan!!!  You're not having sore knee issues along with Shellene, are you?

Paul

"A hundred miles on a bike? How many
days does that take you?"

Email FlyingLaZBoy   IP Logged
AustinSkater

Reply #65 - Feb 10th, 2009, 8:07pm

Quote from FlyingLaZBoy on Feb 10th, 2009, 6:56pm:

Welcome, Bryan!!!  You're not having sore knee issues along with Shellene, are you?

Paul

Nope, no knee problems for me at all, but then I'm pretty sure Shellene was expecting to deal with some knee issues.  My only ache from the ride is my left shin, it hurts from where I slammed in into the handlbars after mis-clipping.

Bryan
---------------------------
Shellene's is yellow, mine is too.
  IP Logged
irodguy

rbent member

Reply #66 - Feb 10th, 2009, 9:02pm

Welcome Shellene, Skip told me you were going bent a while back.  Good to see you on the yellow beauty.

2008 Rans V-Rex
2009 Rans X-stream
2008 Bacchetta Strada
2008 Catrike Expedition Neon Lime Green
Email   IP Logged
bigsrturbo

rbent member

Reply #67 - Feb 11th, 2009, 8:55am

hi all....im ash and im 31..just got back into riding used to be a pro freestyle/ dirt jumper back in the late 90s...so when im not working im riding...im in north ft worth by the money mint if anyone live close we should start riding...nice to meet all of u in advance...

Email   IP Logged
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Reply #68 - Feb 11th, 2009, 8:58am

I'm in SW Fort Worth, and you're welcome to ride with me anytime.  We've always got rides going, so make sure you keep coming back here and checking out the upcoming rides section.

I used to be a BMX racer back in the 80's.  Now I'm scared of curbs and grates Smiley

What kind of bent do you ride, Ash?

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
bigsrturbo

rbent member

Reply #69 - Feb 11th, 2009, 9:49am

well im looking for a new fast bike now...i got a cheap wave bent right now but it gets the job done...i want one that lays down more ...and my wife wants this one so im in the market for some speed Smiley

Email   IP Logged
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Reply #70 - Feb 11th, 2009, 12:03pm

I have a volae highracer I'm selling at a very good price.  If you're interested, PM me.

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
Hurricane Dan

Boom chika wow
wow...

Reply #71 - Feb 21st, 2009, 6:55pm

Hi all, I'm Danny.  I live in Frisco and own an AB Hurricane (name later changed to Jet Stream).  I stopped riding mountain bikes in 1999 'cause the pressure on my wrists was causing numbness in my fingers.  I bought the AB so I could ride with my wife but I'm really wanting to go on some long distance trips (at least until I can afford that sailboat to travel the world in  Smiley )  I found this forum last night and then, interestingly enough, ran into Clown #1 today at RBM.  Thought I'd introduce myself.  I'm not sure if I can keep up yet, but I'm working on it.  Today was my fifth ride and I went 7.92 miles averaging 9.63mph with two 190' elevation changes.  I'm really wanting to ride in the upcoming Beauty and the Beast ride in Tyler.  Please let me know if anyone is interested.  P.S.  I tried to put a picture here but I don't know HTML.

Happiness is riding home into the sunset.
Email   IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Reply #72 - Feb 22nd, 2009, 7:15am

Quote from Hurricane Dan on Feb 21st, 2009, 6:55pm:
Hi all, I'm Danny.  I live in Frisco and own an AB Hurricane (name later changed to Jet Stream).  I stopped riding mountain bikes in 1999 'cause the pressure on my wrists was causing numbness in my fingers.  I bought the AB so I could ride with my wife but I'm really wanting to go on some long distance trips (at least until I can afford that sailboat to travel the world in  Smiley )  I found this forum last night and then, interestingly enough, ran into Clown #1 today at RBM.  Thought I'd introduce myself.  I'm not sure if I can keep up yet, but I'm working on it.  Today was my fifth ride and I went 7.92 miles averaging 9.63mph with two 190' elevation changes.  I'm really wanting to ride in the upcoming Beauty and the Beast ride in Tyler.  Please let me know if anyone is interested.  P.S.  I tried to put a picture here but I don't know HTML.

Greetings, Danny!  Sounds like you're just now getting back into riding - when did you get the AB?  A few of the gang live in Frisco, so you may see other 'bents out and around up there.  Some of us were just riding up there last Wednesday - see the "Photos" section for the post on it.  

The best way to increase your speed and endurance is simply to get out there and ride on a consistent basis - either solo or with your wife.  Working up to 20-25 miles at an outing is a good goal to set -- that's typical "group ride" distance minimums, whether it's the WRTrail and lake, or DFW airport looping, or even just banging around Frisco.

To post photos, create an account on photobucket.com and upload there (using their "Medium" or "Large" size option), then copy the link to the specific photo that starts with " [img] " into your post here -- it'll show up.

The Tyler B&B ride is one tough puppy for a new rider (lots of rolling climbs), but it's well supported at rest stops and very scenic.  Another one to consider doing is the GDB Lancaster rally 25 mile version, on April 11th.

Keep us up to date on your progress, or ask questions, by posting in the "general" section.

« Last Edit: Feb 22nd, 2009, 7:17am by FlyingLaZBoy »  

"A hundred miles on a bike? How many
days does that take you?"

Email FlyingLaZBoy   IP Logged
Hurricane Dan

Boom chika wow
wow...

Reply #73 - Feb 22nd, 2009, 1:16pm

I bought the AB last fall from a gentleman who said he had several recumbents and was trying to thin out the flock.  I still have his name somewhere but I'd have to look.  I didn't get to ride much before it got cold.  I had worked up to actually riding it to work, 14 miles one way.  I'm pushing myself a little more each time I go out.  I don't know if I'll get to a 15mph average like the Frisco Cycling Club, but the distance is really what I'm after.  I'm planning on a trip to Lufkin later this summer.  As far as the Beauty and the Beast goes, I'm sure I'll be skipping the Beast.  The have six different circuits, one of them only 12 miles.  I'd like to ride the 52 mile but I'm just going to keep training and play it by ear.  The important thing for me is just to get out there and start having fun.  I saw the pictures of you guys riding the other day.  I think I saw you not too long ago.  I was traveling down Main toward Custer and saw at least two, maybe three high racers crossing Main on Independence.  Last year, my wife and I were walking WRLake and saw a couple of bents.  I was researching at the time and that pretty much settled it for me.  So here I am.  I'll run over to the general forum now.  Thanks!

This was my test drive:

« Last Edit: Feb 22nd, 2009, 2:55pm by Hurricane Dan »  

Happiness is riding home into the sunset.
Email   IP Logged
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Reply #74 - Feb 22nd, 2009, 6:47pm

Glad to see you, Dan.  Don't worry about being too slow or having too short a range - there's always a bent rider around to ride with, at any speed or distance.

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 28
Send Topic Print