Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Apr 29th, 2024, 3:36am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 28
Send Topic Print
Introduce yourself! (Read 197908 times)
Opus the Poet
Five Star Member

rbent member

Re: Introduce yourself!
Reply #255 - Mar 3rd, 2013, 10:21pm

Howdy, obent!

I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Email WWW   IP Logged
obent

rbent member

Reply #256 - Mar 6th, 2013, 10:54am

Thanks, O the P     Smiley    And hello.

« Last Edit: Mar 6th, 2013, 10:56am by obent »  
Email   IP Logged
Andy

rbent member

Reply #257 - Mar 9th, 2013, 7:39am

Hello!  my name is Andy and I live in OkC.  My girlfriend Becky and I met a very nice woman named Diana at the HOT rally who invited us to join RBENT so I contacted Bud and here We are.  Thank you for welcoming a couple okies.  For some reason I thought you had to live in Texas to join but Diana said not the case.

I mainly ride our RANS Seavo tandem but also have an Xstreaam 26, CA 2.0, a trike and Alterra 29.  Becky rides a Bacchetta 20 ATT and a RANS Dynamik and I'm building her a new F5.  

We've ridden with several of your members, Paul and Terri Brown,  Patti, Diana, Lynn, Dave Rothgreb(sp?) and all were an amazingly friendly group.  if the rest of y'all are anything like them RBENT is a heck of a club!  Thanks for having us in, we look forward to being part of your discussions.  

Andy. Smiley

Email   IP Logged
GBRAD

rbent member

Reply #258 - Mar 9th, 2013, 8:58am

Good to have you aboard Andy.  Even though you are an Okie, we Texans appreciate the fact that you ride a UT colored tandem.  Enjoyed meeting you guys at HOT....Gary & Gay (Wichita Falls)

Email   IP Logged
freakflyer9999

Reply #259 - Mar 9th, 2013, 1:59pm

Welcome Andy.  My wife, Karen and I enjoyed meeting you at the HOT as well.  

Kenny G.

Kenny G
Bacchetta Cafe <SOLD>
Terratrike Cruiser
Bacchetta Strada
  IP Logged
Andy

rbent member

Reply #260 - Mar 12th, 2013, 10:39pm

Thanks for welcoming us.  Kenny and Kay, Gary and Gay it was great meeting you also.  we look forward to becoming part of the RBENT discussions.
Becky and Andy. Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Patti
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #261 - Mar 13th, 2013, 8:41am

Howdy Andy and welcome aboard. It was good to see you again at the HOT Rally. Enjoyed meeting Becky and hope you all will come ride with us whenever you can.

IP Logged
diannalightning
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #262 - Mar 13th, 2013, 4:30pm

Hey Andy---I'm glad you and Becky were at HOT and I'm glad you found your way here.  Keep up with where we're riding and what we're up to.  You never know---some of us may be doing FreeWheel this year.  I'm not, but there were a couple of that did last year.  Anyway, glad you're here and look forward to riding with you and Becky again.
Dianna

IP Logged
Fireproof

rbent member

Reply #263 - Apr 13th, 2013, 8:24pm

Howdy Folks!!

I'm a new rbent member here, and new to recumbents in general.  I just bought my first recumbent last Thursday, which happens to be a Catrike Expedition trike.  I love that thing.  Been riding on it every day since.  Of course, I haven't been on a bike, let alone a trike, in probably 10 years, so my legs are way out of shape.

Anyway - I live in the Frisco area and am a 44 yo male who just wanted one for general health and fitness purposes. (I need more cardio exercise, but I hate to run).  So I'm in the process of learning everything there is to know, and am enjoying casual rides in the meantime.

Looking forward to learning more from you fine folks.  Maybe I'll see you on the roads!

IP Logged
jayg
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #264 - Apr 13th, 2013, 9:33pm

Welcome, Fireproof. Several of us usually do the RBM (Richardson) monthly trike ride. Come join us on the May ride. Check the RBM site for the date and time.

Email   IP Logged
obent

rbent member

Reply #265 - Apr 14th, 2013, 6:25am

Great to meet ya fireproof.  The RBM trike group, starting in May, will meet the last Saturday of the month at 9:30am.

Email   IP Logged
Fireproof

rbent member

Reply #266 - Apr 14th, 2013, 7:55pm

Thanks for the note.  I need to build up some muscular and cardio endurance first, before I can think about joining a ride.  Smiley

IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Reply #267 - Apr 15th, 2013, 7:48am

Fireproof, make sure you get some 'SPD' or other type of pedals/shoes that keep your feet attached to the pedals -- commonly referred to as "clipless".  It will help your pedaling efficiency, and more importantly, it will prevent your leg from getting caught under the trike frame by not letting your foot slip off.

One of the keys to getting in better shape is to simply ride regularly -- so get out there and do it, whether it's 2 miles or 20...

"A hundred miles on a bike? How many
days does that take you?"

Email FlyingLaZBoy   IP Logged
Fireproof

rbent member

Reply #268 - Apr 15th, 2013, 12:33pm

Quote from FlyingLaZBoy on Apr 15th, 2013, 7:48am:
Fireproof, make sure you get some 'SPD' or other type of pedals/shoes that keep your feet attached to the pedals -- commonly referred to as "clipless".  It will help your pedaling efficiency, and more importantly, it will prevent your leg from getting caught under the trike frame by not letting your foot slip off.

One of the keys to getting in better shape is to simply ride regularly -- so get out there and do it, whether it's 2 miles or 20...

Thanks for the tips!  I do have a new pair of clipless shoes and love them.  I was introduced to SPD when I got into mountain biking like 15 years ago.  But it's been about 10 years since I've been on a bike of any sorts, so I'm just working my way back.  Smiley

And I've been riding every day since I got it.  Short stints now - about 4 miles.  Going to try to make a longer ride today.  Loving the weather!!

IP Logged
Seavo_Sam

Reply #269 - Apr 22nd, 2013, 9:30pm

Hello to all,

I am Sam and my wife is Angi, Up until 3 weeks ago we were Co-Motion Periscope tandem riders and getting ready for the BP MS150, but I got a wild hair 3 weeks ago and ran across a Rans Seavo tandem and could not pass it up.  With 2 1/2 weeks of practice we decided to go ahead and ride the Seavo this past weekend instead of the Co-Motion.  many people thought we were crazy, but as it turns out, it was the best decision.  It is truely amazing to ride for 2 days and 140 miles and only have tired legs!!!!!!

We love this bike.  And even with all the training we did on the Co-Motion i don't know if my wife could have made it with her neck and back situation.  Now with this bike she did great with minimal neck and back pain.  

For us, especially Angi, to be back on a bike is our miracle story.  In November 2009, while commuting to work on our then Santana tandem, we were run over from behind by a car traveling 60 mph.  Angi went directly into the windsheild and totaled the car, but in doing so broke her neck and received compression fractures in her mid back as well as other serious injuries.  I was 'lucky' and was just ejected over a concrete wall into the ditch.  

But we are alive and riding again and finally fulfilled our goal of riding in the MS150 this year that was originally planned for 2010!!  I am now very interested in recumbents and will have a really nice Co-Motion for sale shortly!!!  I will probably be asking questions to get mor info on a single recumbent since I dont really want to get back on my road bike after this weekend on the Seavo!!!!

Rans Seavo Tandem - for us
Bacchetta Strada - for me
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 28
Send Topic Print