Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Apr 28th, 2024, 5:43pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 28
Send Topic Print
Introduce yourself! (Read 197882 times)
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Re: Introduce yourself!
Reply #270 - Apr 23rd, 2013, 8:36am

Congrats on discovering long distance recumbent comfort, Sam and Angi!!!  Very sorry for the circumstances of your accident, but glad you're still here with us, and still riding!   Terrie and I test rode the Seavo and Screamer tandems several times before pulling the trigger last summer, and the Seavo has worked out really nicely.

Just watch out for heelstrike in turns, and if you overbalance when stopped and trying to turn the bike (or duckwalking), don't try to hold it up by the handlebars -- grab the back of your seat, instead.  Just sayin'....  Cool  

Post a couple photos of the two of you on the Seavo, in the Photos section!

Are you perhaps riding the Shiner GASP?

"A hundred miles on a bike? How many
days does that take you?"

Email FlyingLaZBoy   IP Logged
BikeEB

rbent member

Reply #271 - May 9th, 2013, 3:06pm

Okay, my name is Bruce and I live in Wellington, Ks with my wife Karen and our two dogs.  I retired last September after 35 years milling flour.  I recently bought a new Rans extra large, oval tube,  Xstream to accomodate my 6'5" frame and 260 lbs.

'13 Oval Xstream
'08 Stratus XP
'08 V3
'09 F5 Pro

Email   IP Logged
Phantom Rider
Five Star Member

Reply #272 - May 9th, 2013, 3:20pm

congrats on both decisions and welcome to the forum.

2017 Cruzbike V20
2019 ICE VTX Black
SOLD - 2011 GT Karakorem 1.0 - 2012 Lightning Phantom II - 2004 Lightning P38 2013 Rans Rifle 2014 Catrike 700 - 2014 Bacchetta CA2
Email   IP Logged
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Reply #273 - May 9th, 2013, 4:20pm

Awesome, Bruce.  You'll find a lot of RANS fans here.  My wife and I both ride F5s.

Quote from BikeEB on May 9th, 2013, 3:06pm:
Okay, my name is Bruce and I live in Wellington, Ks with my wife Karen and our two dogs.  I retired last September after 35 years milling flour.  I recently bought a new Rans extra large, oval tube,  Xstream to accomodate my 6'5" frame and 260 lbs.  

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
rcko

rbent member

Reply #274 - Dec 2nd, 2013, 10:24pm

My name is Rich and I am new to the recumbent experience.  I been an avid mountain biker (all mountain /  free style riding) and road for the last few years but...  My back troubles got the best of me and after spine surgery I am riding once again albeit without the jumps or road gaps  Smiley on a Bacchetta Corsa.

Lots to learn given the difference in posture and my lack of strength after the lengthy back recovery.  Looking fwd to learn from all ur experiences.

IP Logged
Monkeywrangler22
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #275 - Dec 2nd, 2013, 10:26pm

Welcome Rich! What part of Texas are you in exactly?

The Monkeywrangler's blog
Schlitter Encore
Fisher HKEK - Spec. Roubaix
Seavo - Serenity
Email   IP Logged
rcko

rbent member

Reply #276 - Dec 2nd, 2013, 10:51pm

Up in north Fort Worth about 5 miles south of Cabelas.
 Just relocated here from north Ga... That where I did all the MTb riding.

IP Logged
Rawhide

rbent member

Reply #277 - Dec 3rd, 2013, 5:09am

Rich from north GA, welcome.  My wife is a GA peach from Hall County!

D J Boyd
Bacchetta Carbon Corsa
Bacchetta Corsa
Rans Rocket GL63
Vision R40
Email   IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Reply #278 - Dec 3rd, 2013, 7:17am

Welcome, Rich...  Since we're so spread out across the NTx region, "pockets" of us get together on an irregular basis.  Keep an eye on the "Upcoming Rides" section, or even put something there yourself, if you have a particular route you have found that you'd like to have some company on...

Paul

"A hundred miles on a bike? How many
days does that take you?"

Email FlyingLaZBoy   IP Logged
Phantom Rider
Five Star Member

Reply #279 - Dec 3rd, 2013, 7:45am

Rich

Welcome to Texas and the Rbent forum, sounds like you are in my neck of the woods as I am just south of Alliance as well(Basswood between 35 & 377.  If you see a green Lightning P-38 or Yellow Phantom out and about it will be me, I ride this area often and cover quite a bit of territory.  Should you need some help finding routes in the area or want to ride together someday shoot me a PM.

2017 Cruzbike V20
2019 ICE VTX Black
SOLD - 2011 GT Karakorem 1.0 - 2012 Lightning Phantom II - 2004 Lightning P38 2013 Rans Rifle 2014 Catrike 700 - 2014 Bacchetta CA2
Email   IP Logged
reever

rbent member

Reply #280 - Dec 24th, 2013, 4:38pm

Hello RBenters…
Thanks for putting the time and effort into having both a support group and this blog!
My name is Jim Reeves and I live in Abilene, Texas. My first love was distance running, but I had that taken from me by a bad chiropractor that ruptured a disc in my back.  I went to riding as a vent for my competitive nature.  I rode the HHH for maybe six years on a Fuji Aloha, but my hip started going out on me--couldn't throw it over the bike unless I laid it over almost on its side.  My wife allowed me to purchase my first recumbent (she might say that was her first mistake)--an HP Streetmachine that I rode to a family reunion up in OK one year. Got there and felt fresh as a daisy. So I tried a trip to Canada. Then attempted San Diego to Destin, FL and got stuck in Alabama, but WOW, these things let you ride without riding your ass off--as you all know what I am talking about, I'm sure.
I now own two Catbike Musashis, a Lightning, and a RANS Screamer tandem, which I might like to sell since it gets little use.
I would like to do the "X"--San Diego to Bar Harbor and then Seattle to the Keys some time soon. I'm just breaking in a new titanium hip….we'll have to see how it works.
I am also interested in maybe trying a team effort at the Hoodoo 500 or possibly the Race Across the West if I can get back up to speed on this hip.
I don't know if there are any folks out there who have had metal hips put in, but all I can think of lately is wiping out in my extremely laid back posture usually results in abrasions to the exact spot that is now the home of my six inch scar.  It is freaking me out just a little.  Sooooo, I just test rode a Catrike 700 at Bonzai Bike shop…….WOW. That is a little sports car!!! But in really tight turns the handles hit me in the scarred up hip. Hmmm. But at least I don't have that fear of falling over on it.  Ideas? Suggestions?

« Last Edit: Jan 2nd, 2014, 11:50am by reever »  

Adults should have fun so kids will want to grow up!

For every mile of road there's two miles of ditch.

I'd rather be sorry for something I did than for something I didn't do.
Email   IP Logged
Phantom Rider
Five Star Member

Reply #281 - Dec 24th, 2013, 5:50pm

Welcome Jim, its good to have you with us.  I'm glad to hear you found Bonzai, great shop and its only 5 miles from me.  I too have rode that 700 and had a blast on it.  Hopefully you will find the machine that will allow you to overcome your fear of which is certainly understandable.  I admire your desire to tour and only wish I had the time to do some of that myself, maybe someday when retirement comes along.

2017 Cruzbike V20
2019 ICE VTX Black
Email   IP Logged
rcko

rbent member

Reply #282 - Dec 25th, 2013, 3:45pm

Hi Jim. I am also new to the forum here and it seems to be a good morale helpful crowd.    I am waiting for my back surgery to heal so I can start riding.  I tried to early after surgery and it was not a good plan...  I rode a lot of mountain bikes and road upright frames but spine issues have put a stop to that.  I got me a recumbent that currently sit in he garage as motivation to heal and to try out once I am cleared come spring. Like you I am afraid of falling and reinjurying so for now just taking it easy and letting healing occur.

Bonzai is a good shop run by great guys. I live near that shop. I also ckd out the cat700 and man it is a business looking machine.  I am sure you can cover a lot of ground quickly with the 700.  

« Last Edit: Dec 25th, 2013, 3:49pm by rcko »  
  IP Logged
esbee

rbent member

welcome to rich and other newcomers
Reply #283 - Dec 25th, 2013, 8:00pm

welcome  Smiley
I am sure you will like this forum and the recumbent way of doing things
my bent was very beneficial in helping me get back to normal after have 2 hip replacements in 2012
i was able to ride my trike up to the last days b4 surgery (I was on a walker)
and it was the FIRST outdoor exercise I was able to do after surgery- about 3 weeks-of course I went verrry slowleee at first

Susan in paris tx

Susan In Paris (Texas, that is!)
Email WWW   IP Logged
rmillay
Five Star Member

rbent member; go
Clowns!

Reply #284 - Dec 25th, 2013, 9:01pm

Welcome.  The 700's steerers are adjustable, but I don't know if the new 20" wheels restrict that too much.

Catrike 700
RANS Formula LE , sold
Catrike Musashi
Catrike Speed
Catrike Speed, sold back

"It [Nissan Titan] wasn't named truck of the year because it wasn't the best!" Clay Cooley in his TV a
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 28
Send Topic Print