Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
May 2nd, 2024, 7:23pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
RBM Recumbent Ride (Read 8628 times)
rmillay
Five Star Member

rbent member; go
Clowns!

Re: RBM Recumbent Ride
Reply #15 - Aug 27th, 2015, 7:04pm

I'm trying to get up a metric for Sunday, so I'll opt out of the bonus miles.

Catrike 700
RANS Formula LE , sold
Catrike Musashi
Catrike Speed
Catrike Speed, sold back

"It [Nissan Titan] wasn't named truck of the year because it wasn't the best!" Clay Cooley in his TV a
Email   IP Logged
MrWizard
Five Star Member

bonus mile sponge

Reply #16 - Aug 27th, 2015, 10:19pm

Take two, they are small  Grin

Quote from rmillay on Aug 27th, 2015, 7:04pm:
I'm trying to get up a metric for Sunday, so I'll opt out of the bonus miles.

Email   IP Logged
MrWizard
Five Star Member

bonus mile sponge

Reply #17 - Aug 29th, 2015, 5:06pm

PICs Up: https://imgur.com/a/r1x14

Video still rendering..

Email   IP Logged
MrWizard
Five Star Member

bonus mile sponge

Reply #18 - Aug 30th, 2015, 9:51pm

https://youtu.be/Im5e5s0Ysy0 "Highlights" video --  I put music in there for you this time..  

I also found my cadence sensor is dropping out Sad   replaced the battery today to see if that fixes things

Email   IP Logged
jayg
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #19 - Sep 23rd, 2015, 2:11pm

This month's RBM recumbent ride is scheduled for this Saturday (Sept. 26). Ride starts in front of the Campbell Road store at 8:30 AM. Two of our long route regulars will be at the Texas Time Trials.

Email   IP Logged
Action Lad
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #20 - Sep 23rd, 2015, 9:57pm

Quote from jayg on Sep 23rd, 2015, 2:11pm:
This month's RBM recumbent ride is scheduled for this Saturday (Sept. 26). Ride starts in front of the Campbell Road store at 8:30 AM. Two of our long route regulars will be at the Texas Time Trials.

I will be there for the longer distance, God willing and the creek don't rise...again.   Smiley

"You can't see paradise if you don't pedal!"
T.J. Fowler -- Chicken Run
  IP Logged
MrWizard
Five Star Member

bonus mile sponge

Reply #21 - Sep 24th, 2015, 12:55pm

I won't be there,  By the time you guys start ...  I'll be on the back side of the 24 hour Texas Time trial segment.    

(which I'm going to suck at as I am just now flying back into town [ hi from 37,000 feet ] and haven't had much sleep in 3 days  )  

Email   IP Logged
MrWizard
Five Star Member

bonus mile sponge

Reply #22 - Oct 30th, 2015, 10:51am

Its that time of the month again ..   Time for the Rbent - RBM monthly ride out of RBM ..   The weather might be a bit interesting though  Smiley    I plan to be there for the 8:30 start .. I talked to Joel at RBM and they are expecting us ..  However ---  if its raining we might just be hanging out for a while .. currently the weather forecast has the rain ending about 9am so we might consider a late departure  

OBJ  Bent (carbon trike ready to ride, spares, water, tools, etc, just missing the flag which was hitting the wall )

Email   IP Logged
jayg
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #23 - Oct 30th, 2015, 7:11pm

Quote from MrWizard on Oct 30th, 2015, 10:51am:
Its that time of the month again ..   Time for the Rbent - RBM monthly ride out of RBM ..   The weather might be a bit interesting though  Smiley    I plan to be there for the 8:30 start .. I talked to Joel at RBM and they are expecting us ..  However ---  if its raining we might just be hanging out for a while .. currently the weather forecast has the rain ending about 9am so we might consider a late departure

OBJ  Bent (carbon trike ready to ride, spares, water, tools, etc, just missing the flag which was hitting the wall )

http://i.imgur.com/kizcOJ1h.jpg

Doug, you may be the only long-route regular that shows up. Bob M is in China, and Key and I will not be there.

Is your digital scale reading 29.9 pounds?

Email   IP Logged
MrWizard
Five Star Member

bonus mile sponge

Reply #24 - Oct 31st, 2015, 11:49am

There was only two of us at the RBM ride ..   Myself and my daughter (who finally got up on time)  ..   so yeah it was pretty quiet ..  not many wedgies either, only saw 4 leave out.    

Yes thats 29.9 pounds, fully loaded, including the 3L camelback, tools, spares, etc . .basically ready to ride ..   The bags themselves pick up 1.3 pounds ..  Surprising how easy it is to add weight and how hard to remove weight.

Quote from jayg on Oct 30th, 2015, 7:11pm:
Quote from MrWizard on Oct 30th, 2015, 10:51am:

http://i.imgur.com/kizcOJ1h.jpg

Doug, you may be the only long-route regular that shows up. Bob M is in China, and Key and I will not be there.

Is your digital scale reading 29.9 pounds?

Email   IP Logged
MrWizard
Five Star Member

bonus mile sponge

Reply #25 - Jan 25th, 2016, 10:59am

Its that time of the month again .. I've not been by RBM in a while to see if Joels planning to ride this, but without other motivations I'll ride out from the house to be there for the 8:30 start.   Looks like the weather should be cool but excellent.

Email   IP Logged
jayg
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #26 - Jan 25th, 2016, 12:05pm

Quote from MrWizard on Jan 25th, 2016, 10:59am:
Its that time of the month again .. I've not been by RBM in a while to see if Joels planning to ride this, but without other motivations I'll ride out from the house to be there for the 8:30 start.   Looks like the weather should be cool but excellent.

Doug, I believe Joel told me on the next-to-last ride of the year in 2015 that the 2016 rides would start at the end of March.

« Last Edit: Jan 25th, 2016, 12:06pm by jayg »  
Email   IP Logged
MrWizard
Five Star Member

bonus mile sponge

Reply #27 - Jan 25th, 2016, 7:15pm

Quote from jayg on Jan 25th, 2016, 12:05pm:

Doug, I believe Joel told me on the next-to-last ride of the year in 2015 that the 2016 rides would start at the end of March.

Thats true .. I talked to him today .. however we can ride ourselves .. or just go ride the east side ride .. I'm game either way ..  I'll be back in the peoples republic of the united states on thursday --  I've not ridden in a week due to the freak snow storm here in southern china http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-35398855 so I'm going a little bonkers from bike withdrawals.

Email   IP Logged
jayg
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #28 - Jan 25th, 2016, 9:07pm

Quote from MrWizard on Jan 25th, 2016, 7:15pm:

Thats true .. I talked to him today .. however we can ride ourselves .. or just go ride the east side ride .. I'm game either way ..  I'll be back in the peoples republic of the united states on thursday --  I've not ridden in a week due to the freak snow storm here in southern china http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-35398855 so I'm going a little bonkers from bike withdrawals.  

I'll be riding at WRL in the afternoon when it's warm. Maybe Bob M and others will be doing the East Side ride.

Email   IP Logged
MrWizard
Five Star Member

bonus mile sponge

Reply #29 - Jan 25th, 2016, 9:51pm

Quote from jayg on Jan 25th, 2016, 9:07pm:
Quote from MrWizard on Jan 25th, 2016, 7:15pm:

I'll be riding at WRL in the afternoon when it's warm. Maybe Bob M and others will be doing the East Side ride.

Looks like a high of 72(!) saturday, sounds plenty warm.    Depending on the sunday plans, I might head down to WRL with the kid saturday after the east side ride.  If so I'll look for you.

Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print