Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
May 19th, 2024, 1:58am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8
Send Topic Print
Post/log your PRs here! (Read 32639 times)
Monkeywrangler22
Five Star Member

rbent member

Re: Post/log your PRs here!
Reply #60 - Apr 22nd, 2015, 12:22pm

Not fast by y'alls scale but it did net me 6 PRs today.  https://www.strava.com/activities/290508152/

The Monkeywrangler's blog
Schlitter Encore
Fisher HKEK - Spec. Roubaix
Seavo - Serenity
Email   IP Logged
jrob_bent
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #61 - Apr 22nd, 2015, 4:20pm

Way to go Monkeywrangler22! Smiley I did a personal best today myself. I held 26 mph for almost 1.2 miles. I had 42 pounds in the tail box. Yes, I weighed everything! I also topped out at 50 mph down a hill that I could only get up to 46 mph before. Just as I hit 50 mph the wind moved 90% and hit me broadsided. Pushed me over the center line. Here is a link to both videos if anyone is interested.

The first one is 26 mph.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOLQjWx3vp4

The 2nd one is 50 mph.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJE2n4DkPy0  

I am going to try for 60 mph down a 20% grade this week end! Smiley

I get about 15 miles per honey bun!
Email   IP Logged
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Reply #62 - Apr 22nd, 2015, 5:42pm

A pr is a pr.  What anyone else can do is immaterial.  Absolutely great work.  It's obvious how hard you've been pushing this year!

Quote from Monkeywrangler22 on Apr 22nd, 2015, 12:22pm:
Not fast by y'alls scale but it did net me 6 PRs today.  https://www.strava.com/activities/290508152/

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
Monkeywrangler22
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #63 - Apr 22nd, 2015, 6:34pm

Thanks Greg,  Smiley  I am faster than I was last year.  I just am whining about my surgery next week and the time I will have to be on the trainer instead of riding the roads.  

Jrob, wow!  I've been at 41-42 mph on the Seavo as stoker, and I think that was my fastest.  The Encore could beat that I think at Muenster, but I don't have the legs for distance yet I think.

Schlitter Encore
Seavo - Serenity
Email   IP Logged
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Reply #64 - Apr 22nd, 2015, 7:58pm

It definitely could.  I've had the carbent over 50 there.  Anytime you want to test out speed without going all the way to Muenster come over here.  I've got a nice long hill where you can hit 40 without much effort.

The trainer sucks, but don't fret too much.  I basically had 2 solid months on the trainer without much outdoor time.  It's not the most fun, but get a fan and point it in your face, and nab some spin videos.  You won't lose anything.  Might even gain if you don't slack Wink

Quote from Monkeywrangler22 on Apr 22nd, 2015, 6:34pm:
Thanks Greg,  Smiley  I am faster than I was last year.  I just am whining about my surgery next week and the time I will have to be on the trainer instead of riding the roads.  

Jrob, wow!  I've been at 41-42 mph on the Seavo as stoker, and I think that was my fastest.  The Encore could beat that I think at Muenster, but I don't have the legs for distance yet I think.

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
Monkeywrangler22
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #65 - Apr 23rd, 2015, 6:03am

I plan on watching the sufferfest videos on you tube if I can find them.  I also plan on doing planks one armed, and bw squats until cleared to lift again.  Next week will be hell though. Surgery on the left shoulder and a cortisone shot in the right.

Schlitter Encore
Seavo - Serenity
Email   IP Logged
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Reply #66 - Apr 23rd, 2015, 7:43am

I had my left foot reconstructed in 2007.  Couldn't out my foot on the ground for 6 weeks.  Yes, it will suck!  Also, GCN has free videos on YouTube fort training that I used once or twice.

Quote from Monkeywrangler22 on Apr 23rd, 2015, 6:03am:
I plan on watching the sufferfest videos on you tube if I can find them.  I also plan on doing planks one armed, and bw squats until cleared to lift again.  Next week will be hell though. Surgery on the left shoulder and a cortisone shot in the right.

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
jrob_bent
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #67 - Apr 23rd, 2015, 8:17pm

Quote from Monkeywrangler22 on Apr 23rd, 2015, 6:03am:

I feel for you. I have had rotator cuff surgery twice. It is not fun! My 85 year old mother just had a complete shoulder replacement about 5 months ago. She is doing great. I hope you a speedy recovery. If you get too bored, just imagine everyone you know(and don't know) riding around naked! Smiley

Email   IP Logged
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Reply #68 - Apr 23rd, 2015, 9:18pm

When I do that, people laugh and point at my crotch.

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
jrob_bent
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #69 - Apr 23rd, 2015, 9:58pm

Quote from aikigreg on Apr 23rd, 2015, 9:18pm:
When I do that, people laugh and point at my crotch.

Point well taken! Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Monkeywrangler22
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #70 - Apr 24th, 2015, 11:24am

Quote from jrob_bent on Apr 23rd, 2015, 8:17pm:

I feel for you. I have had rotator cuff surgery twice. It is not fun! My 85 year old mother just had a complete shoulder replacement about 5 months ago. She is doing great. I hope you a speedy recovery. If you get too bored, just imagine everyone you know(and don't know) riding around naked! Smiley

This is my second rotator cuff repair too...

Schlitter Encore
Seavo - Serenity
Email   IP Logged
jhbell62

rbent member

Reply #71 - Apr 24th, 2015, 1:25pm

1.5 hours on trainer no ride with the rain

Greenspeed Magnum
Sun EZ3 USX HD
Email   IP Logged
jrob_bent
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #72 - Apr 25th, 2015, 7:17pm

Quote from Monkeywrangler22 on Apr 24th, 2015, 11:24am:
Quote from jrob_bent on Apr 23rd, 2015, 8:17pm:

This is my second rotator cuff repair too...

I just hope it turns out well for you and you are back riding real soon. The shoulder is the most complicated joint in the body and I found this out every time I rolled over in my sleep! I finally got smart enough to sleep on the sofa with my back to the back rest and a  big wedge of hard foam in front of me to keep me from rolling. Good luck!

Email   IP Logged
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Reply #73 - May 2nd, 2015, 5:41pm

Several PRS between yesterday and today.  Last night was a swimming night.  Normally I swim about 1000 meters to warm up, and do drills.  Sometimes it's more.  Then I do one work set of 300 to 500 meters are a cruise pace.  Last night I had a great swim even though I spent most of this week off the bike due to an arthritis flare up.

Today I did steady state intervals.  They are pretty taxing but I felt decent at the end of the ride so I decided to go for the sprint.  I ended up with 4 PRs.  Plus, my 60 second and 2 minute power went up quite a bit.   Every one of my speed measures went up.  But the best was my 1 mile sprint increased to 31.3.  I moved from 37th place to 13th all time, and 1st for 2015 out of 860 riders.  updated stats are below.  There;s q good rivalry going on now between the vk2 and the m5.

Quote from aikigreg on Apr 3rd, 2015, 7:51pm:

power  Speed
Peak 90 minutes:   150     18.2
Peak 60 minutes:   158     19
Peak 30 minutes:   174 20.2
Peak  2 minutes:    363     30.5
Peak 60 seconds:   386     31.8

1 Mile Sprint PR:  28.8 (carbent)
 30.1 (VK2)
   31.3 (M5 CHR)

6 hour PR:  113 miles
12 hour PR:  221.5
Century:  5 hours 5 minutes bike time - 5h7m total

Swimming:  
300 yards:  6m13s

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
Monkeywrangler22
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #74 - May 3rd, 2015, 5:16am

No PRs yesterday but i did manage 14mi on the tandem as stoker.  Comfy and plush, there was zero shoulder pain!

Schlitter Encore
Seavo - Serenity
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8
Send Topic Print