Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
May 2nd, 2024, 9:30am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 45
Send Topic Print
W.I.B.T. Thread (Read 214930 times)
TonyWard
Five Star Member

rbent member

Re: W.I.B.T. Thread
Reply #75 - Feb 27th, 2012, 1:51pm

Quote from jcsadowski on Feb 27th, 2012, 12:13pm:
Quote:
Wow, ordered some new tires from Utah Trikes and look what came in the box!!  Apparently, they're having a special.

You got a whole trike? instead of tires, that is special

I know someone who did that once - but with a car  Smiley

The road goes on forever and the party never ends - Robert Earl Keen
Email   IP Logged
freakflyer9999

Reply #76 - Feb 28th, 2012, 9:24am

A few of you may remember that several years ago I bought the Bachetta Cafe that multiple RBENT members have owned.  I haven't ridden in about a year and a a half and had gained all the weight back that I had lost.  Oh well, that's life.  

I'm on a new endeavor to lose weight now and took the drastic action of having weight loss surgery (Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass), so I rewarded myself with a new (to me) ride.  I found this Terra Trike Cruiser on Craigslist and picked it up yesterday for $850.  Owner stated that it had less than 200 miles and it looked it other than the dust accumulated on it from sitting in his garage.

Only problem is that apparently I bumped the front derailleur loading it into my SUV and the spring popped loose.  Angry  Can't figure out how to get it back in place, so I'm going to take it to Bikes Inc for replacement.  I was going to take it in for a full inspection/tune up anyway.

Hopefully, you will see me out on the Trinity Trails in the next few weeks.

Kenny G.

BTW, I still have the Bachetta Cafe.  Just put new derailleurs, shifters, cables/housing and chain on it.  I also put new tires and brakes on it before I quit riding it.  It is ready for adventure now.

Kenny G
Bacchetta Cafe <SOLD>
Terratrike Cruiser
Bacchetta Strada
  IP Logged
Monkeywrangler22
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #77 - Feb 29th, 2012, 8:09pm

Lots of fun stuff showed up today!  The 2 B&M Cyclestar mirrors and 2 Spoke-Fix kits from PeterWhite Cycles, anoother Dinotte 140L red rear 4xAA tail light for Dave's MTB for commuting, and the occasional brevet on the bents, and just for me, my vermilion Revison Sawfly lens for my sunglasses!  When it's too bright out for the clear lens, and too overcast for the smoke gray lens, this vermilion lens is PERFECT!

The Monkeywrangler's blog
Schlitter Encore
Fisher HKEK - Spec. Roubaix
Seavo - Serenity
Email   IP Logged
freakflyer9999

Reply #78 - Mar 1st, 2012, 7:14am

Smiley
Got my new Recumbent Jersey's (http://www.ebay.com/itm/170727253879?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984. m1497.l2649 ) in the mail yesterday.  

Very nice for $22.95.  I got 2 of the blue, because they were out of the yellow in my size and I didn't want white.  

Pic not me, but this is what they look like.

Kenny G
Bacchetta Cafe <SOLD>
Terratrike Cruiser
Bacchetta Strada
  IP Logged
Monkeywrangler22
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #79 - Mar 6th, 2012, 11:34am

We got a Cygolite Expilion 400 & a nightrider light inbound.  Dave was able to rig a way to make an SKS Commuter fender work on his Rans F5.

Schlitter Encore
Seavo - Serenity
Email   IP Logged
Hurricane Dan

Boom chika wow
wow...

Reply #80 - Mar 6th, 2012, 7:50pm

Got some stuff for the TT, a Utah Trikes steering upgrade, new bushings, new axle bolts and the Calibro alignment tool.  I was assured that it would all be a direct fit.  Hmmm...

As you can see, some filing was necessary to fit the steering upgrade.  Most of the filing was on the holes in the original steering plate.  Sadly, "quality control" seemed to miss one of the holes on the adapter plate.

Sadly, the bushings DID NOT work at all.  The kingpin was too big to go through, even though they fit in the tube.  And they were cast instead of solid so one of them broke while I was trying to remove it.  The thread count on the new axle bolts is higher than on the old ones also.  And despite sending me a trike just week before, they somehow managed to send my package to my old address so we had to drive up to Frisco to pick it up from my ex-wife.  Very disappointed with Utah Trikes right now.

Oh, and I picked this up at the Irish Festival for $45!  Smiley

« Last Edit: Mar 6th, 2012, 7:54pm by Hurricane Dan »  

Happiness is riding home into the sunset.
Email   IP Logged
Denman

rbent member

Reply #81 - Mar 10th, 2012, 8:38am

Bought another Catrike Expedition, Electric Blue for my wife.  Should be ready to pick up today.  After we bring it home I'll probably spend a few hours fine tuning it and hopefully we can get some riding in depending on the weather.

Email   IP Logged
JimFPU
Five Star Member

RBENT member, now in
Virginia.  I miss
Texas!

Reply #82 - Mar 13th, 2012, 11:00pm

Well I'm now the new owner of Chas' Rans Stratus XP XL.  You can see pics in the marketplace thread, but I'll post one of me in it's new setting later this week.  Already have a tiny few (about 15) miles on it and it's so much more comfy than my old Infinity.  

« Last Edit: Mar 13th, 2012, 11:00pm by JimFPU »  

'13 Bluevelo carbon Quest QB 74 - The Flaming Eyeball
'12 ICE Sprint X 26

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_cUvLNb9JJ6UAQkw7KYDQw

Store: https://flaming-eyeball-graphics.square.site
WWW   IP Logged
jayg
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #83 - Mar 16th, 2012, 6:01pm

Ordered a 5-bolt 22T chain ring for the carbon, triple road bike crankset installed on my Musashi. Guess what? A 22T ring won't fit a road bike triple crankset. It has a 58mm bolt circle diameter. The smallest ring that will fit is a 26T with a 74 mm bolt circle diameter. Purchased a 26T ring from Dallas Bike Works and installed it this morning. Rode to Flag Pole Hill at WRL, early this afternoon, to test the new ring out in conjunction with the 10-speed 12/27, close-ratio cassette installed on the bike. Did a standing start climb in the 26T ring and 27T cassette cog (26 gear-inches for the combo). I'm in good physical condition, but my legs were fatigued and I was breathing hard by the time I reached the top of the hill. If I was going to do Lancaster or Muenster on the Musashi, I would probably install its stock 10-speed 11/32 cassette (21.9 gear-inches for 26T/32T combo).

Installed 26T ring.

Bottom of Flag Pole Hill at WRL.

« Last Edit: Mar 16th, 2012, 7:30pm by jayg »  
Email   IP Logged
Bud_Bent

Reply #84 - Mar 16th, 2012, 8:27pm

There are also 24 tooth chainrings that will fit a 74mm crankset. I have one on my Stratus XP.

Bud
* 2009 RANS F-5 Pro
* 2009 RANS XStream
* 2004 RANS Screamer
My Blog - uneasy-rider.com
WWW   IP Logged
jayg
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #85 - Mar 16th, 2012, 8:55pm

Quote from Bud_Bent on Mar 16th, 2012, 8:27pm:
There are also 24 tooth chainrings that will fit a 74mm crankset. I have one on my Stratus XP.

I stand corrected. Wish I had known that. I'm going to have to be more thorough in my research efforts.

Email   IP Logged
Monkeywrangler22
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #86 - Mar 16th, 2012, 10:16pm

Dave's BUC Aero bag arraived today.  Very nice workmanship on it!  Now to set about 6-8 grommets on the mounting sleeve, and run some paracord lacing so I won't have to actually CUT the sleeve open to make it fit the Hoagie seat...will post pics of the alteration once I get up the nerve to modify a $140 bike bag!

Schlitter Encore
Seavo - Serenity
Email   IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Reply #87 - Mar 17th, 2012, 7:14am

Quote from jayg on Mar 16th, 2012, 6:01pm:
Rode to Flag Pole Hill at WRL, early this afternoon, to test the new ring out in conjunction with the 10-speed 12/27, close-ratio cassette installed on the bike. Did a standing start climb in the 26T ring and 27T cassette cog (26 gear-inches for the combo). I'm in good physical condition, but my legs were fatigued and I was breathing hard by the time I reached the top of the hill.

1) The terms "recumbent" and "standing start" are mutually exclusive;

2) If you're NOT breathing hard at the top of Flagpole Hill, you're a very unusually fit person -- even if you're climbing it at 4mph the whole way...   Smiley

"A hundred miles on a bike? How many
days does that take you?"

Email FlyingLaZBoy   IP Logged
jayg
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #88 - Mar 17th, 2012, 4:22pm

Installed an 11/32 cassette on a spare 700c wheel, and switched it with the wheel w/12/27 cassette that was on my Musashi. Put on my green "Ireland" jersey and headed for WRL and Flag Pole Hill, just after Noon. Was going to climb the hill from a running start, but didn't want to elicit another "mutually exclusive" comment.  Grin  Climbed the hill twice in the 26T/32T combo at 5 mph. No hard breathing and only mild leg discomfort, so it looks like 21.9 gear-inches is perfect for me. Big difference between 21.9 and 26 gear-inches. Bring on Lancaster and Muenster! Climbed the long hill behind Flag Pole Hill, did a couple of lake laps, and rode the Santa Fe Trail back home for a total of 30 miles.  

« Last Edit: Mar 17th, 2012, 8:49pm by jayg »  
Email   IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Reply #89 - Mar 18th, 2012, 8:30pm

Quote from jayg on Mar 17th, 2012, 4:22pm:
Big difference between 21.9 and 26 gear-inches. Bring on Lancaster and Muenster!

Uh, oh, 'dissing' the Muenster hills...  you bad boy...   Smiley

"A hundred miles on a bike? How many
days does that take you?"

Email FlyingLaZBoy   IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 45
Send Topic Print