Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
May 2nd, 2024, 9:40am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 45
Send Topic Print
W.I.B.T. Thread (Read 214931 times)
Ric_Clark

2012 ~ Musashi

Re: W.I.B.T. Thread
Reply #90 - Mar 18th, 2012, 8:51pm

Quote from jayg on Mar 17th, 2012, 4:22pm:
Installed an 11/32 cassette on a spare 700c wheel, and switched it with the wheel w/12/27 cassette that was on my Musashi. Put on my green "Ireland" jersey and headed for WRL and Flag Pole Hill, just after Noon. Was going to climb the hill from a running start, but didn't want to elicit another "mutually exclusive" comment.  Grin  Climbed the hill twice in the 26T/32T combo at 5 mph. No hard breathing and only mild leg discomfort, so it looks like 21.9 gear-inches is perfect for me. Big difference between 21.9 and 26 gear-inches. Bring on Lancaster and Muenster! Climbed the long hill behind Flag Pole Hill, did a couple of lake laps, and rode the Santa Fe Trail back home for a total of 30 miles.  

When the Munster ride occurs I am going to tie a bungee cord to Jay's bike so I can keep up with him......

Ric Clark

I will persist until I succeed...

Gig em AGGIES, Smiley

Email   IP Logged
jayg
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #91 - Mar 18th, 2012, 9:06pm

Quote from Ric_Clark on Mar 18th, 2012, 8:51pm:
Installed an 11/32 cassette on a spare 700c wheel, and switched it with the wheel w/12/27 cassette that was on my Musashi. Put on my green "Ireland" jersey and headed for WRL and Flag Pole Hill, just after Noon. Was going to climb the hill from a running start, but didn't want to elicit another "mutually exclusive" comment.  Grin  Climbed the hill twice in the 26T/32T combo at 5 mph. No hard breathing and only mild leg discomfort, so it looks like 21.9 gear-inches is perfect for me. Big difference between 21.9 and 26 gear-inches. Bring on Lancaster and Muenster! Climbed the long hill behind Flag Pole Hill, did a couple of lake laps, and rode the Santa Fe Trail back home for a total of 30 miles.  

When the Munster ride occurs I am going to tie a bungee cord to Jay's bike so I can keep up with him......

When are we going to triple the crankset on your bike, so you won't need a tow?

« Last Edit: Mar 18th, 2012, 11:19pm by jayg »  
Email   IP Logged
Denman

rbent member

Reply #92 - Mar 26th, 2012, 8:29pm

Speaking of cranksets, we just received a DaVinci 150mm for my wife's Expedition.  Hope to have them on for a ride Wednesday night.

Email   IP Logged
dd5339
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #93 - Mar 26th, 2012, 9:02pm

Vicky and I ordered a GoPro Hero HD Motorsports camera.  We've been wanting to video some rides and we also figured it would work nicely to document some of the less than polite drivers I encounter on my commute.

Semper Fi

Email   IP Logged
Ric_Clark

2012 ~ Musashi

Reply #94 - Mar 27th, 2012, 11:45am

Quote from jayg on Mar 18th, 2012, 9:06pm:
Quote from Ric_Clark on Mar 18th, 2012, 8:51pm:

When are we going to triple the crankset on your bike, so you won't need a tow?

That is something we will talk about Thursday morning at Barbec's...

Smiley

Ric Clark

I will persist until I succeed...

Gig em AGGIES, Smiley

Email   IP Logged
jayg
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #95 - Apr 1st, 2012, 11:40pm

Had some spare parts in my parts box, so I decided to turn my 2007 Catrike Speed into an "R Spec" trike. The Catrike R Spec option consists of a SRAM "Rival" 10-speed group - compact crank, TT 500 bar end shifters, front derailleur, chain, rear derailleur, and 11-32 cassette.  

Finished the conversion late this afternoon and rode to WRL to test the trike out. The R Spec group is the same group as installed on a stock Musashi. The stock Musashi is the best shifting bike I've ridden, and the trike performed equally well.  Climbed Flag Pole Hill at 6 mph in the 34/32 combination (27.6 gear inches). Experienced moderate leg discomfort and was a little out of breath when I topped the hill. I wouldn't ride Lancaster or Muenster with this gearing, however, it is perfect for WRL. Got the trike up to 26.7 mph in the 50/11 combo and had plenty of gear left.

Why did I do this? Because, I had run out of projects. Now I'm out of projects, again..........

R Spec components and locking brake handles.

R Spec Speed w/Utah Trikes' 26" rear wheel conversion kit.

« Last Edit: Apr 1st, 2012, 11:41pm by jayg »  
Email   IP Logged
LightningPilot

Reply #96 - Apr 3rd, 2012, 5:39am

Quote from Denman on Mar 26th, 2012, 8:29pm:
Speaking of cranksets, we just received a DaVinci 150mm for my wife's Expedition.  Hope to have them on for a ride Wednesday night.

Love my DaVinci 150mm Smiley

Carolyn Trimble
2001 Lightning P38
2005 Lightning P38
2000 Litespeed Ultimate
1988 Hujsak Century
  IP Logged
Opus the Poet
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #97 - Apr 15th, 2012, 10:31pm

I didn't buy it but yesterday I was given a maillot jeune. USPS era replica size L.

I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Email WWW   IP Logged
rmillay
Five Star Member

rbent member; go
Clowns!

Reply #98 - Apr 16th, 2012, 4:05pm

Had to go to Schwalbeusa for 700-23/28 long presta tubes.

Catrike 700
RANS Formula LE , sold
Catrike Musashi
Catrike Speed
Catrike Speed, sold back

"It [Nissan Titan] wasn't named truck of the year because it wasn't the best!" Clay Cooley in his TV a
Email   IP Logged
TonyWard
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #99 - Apr 20th, 2012, 6:54pm

Well - I would have bought one of those awesome lights that Paul started this thread about.  But I guess I waited too long  http://www.geomangear.com/index.html

Now the search is back on for a super bright headlight that won't break the bank.

The road goes on forever and the party never ends - Robert Earl Keen
Email   IP Logged
Denman

rbent member

Reply #100 - Apr 21st, 2012, 7:52pm

Check Ebay.
Search for a CREE XLM.

$40 in 3 weeks, $60 in 3 days.

Email   IP Logged
TonyWard
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #101 - Apr 22nd, 2012, 2:34pm

Bought some replacement pads for my Corsa in preperation for my trip across Oklahoma.  Figured the old ones weren't working as good as they could  have so based on Jay's recommendation I ordered these  http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001CJZ0Q2/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00

After trying them out yesterday I managed to inadvertently lock up the back wheel while going down a hill in the upper 20's.  I was trying to see how well they worked and obviously they work pretty well as I ended up with a nice flat spot in my tire after laying down rubber for about 20 feet.  Guess I'll be buying a new tire soon too.

Email   IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Reply #102 - Apr 24th, 2012, 7:57am

Quote from TonyWard on Apr 20th, 2012, 6:54pm:
Well - I would have bought one of those awesome lights that Paul started this thread about.  But I guess I waited too long  http://www.geomangear.com/index.html

Oh, man, GeoManGear went outta business???   Sad.........

PB

"A hundred miles on a bike? How many
days does that take you?"

Email FlyingLaZBoy   IP Logged
TonyWard
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #103 - Apr 24th, 2012, 8:17am

Quote from FlyingLaZBoy on Apr 24th, 2012, 7:57am:
Quote from TonyWard on Apr 20th, 2012, 6:54pm:

Oh, man, GeoManGear went outta business???   Sad.........

PB

Ordered mine from here:  http://www.action-led-lights.com/collections/bike/products/mj-872-1600-lumen-lig ht-set

Expecting delivery Wednesday - then I'll be ready to light up the night!

Email   IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Reply #104 - Apr 24th, 2012, 8:56am

As mentioned before, Dave Rothgeb bought the Ti SXP from the shop in PA, for a heckuva deal...  I helped him assemble it yesterday...

Just like the specs say, it weighs in at a sweet 22 pounds....  We'll be riding Mesquite tonight.......

"A hundred miles on a bike? How many
days does that take you?"

Email FlyingLaZBoy   IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 45
Send Topic Print