Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
May 2nd, 2024, 4:22pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 ... 45
Send Topic Print
W.I.B.T. Thread (Read 214951 times)
dd5339
Five Star Member

rbent member

Re: W.I.B.T. Thread
Reply #570 - Apr 5th, 2015, 7:14am

Picked a Garmin Virb Elite this afternoon out of the Cabelas bargain cave.  My older Gopro was beginning to fail.

Semper Fi

Email   IP Logged
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Reply #571 - Apr 5th, 2015, 11:06am

Online or at the store?

Quote from dd5339 on Apr 5th, 2015, 7:14am:
Picked a Garmin Virb Elite this afternoon out of the Cabelas bargain cave.  My older Gopro was beginning to fail.

Semper Fi

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
dd5339
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #572 - Apr 5th, 2015, 12:50pm

At the Allen store, had been eyeballing it in the bargain cave for several months.  It was still there and they wanted it gone.

Semper Fi

Email   IP Logged
Phantom Rider
Five Star Member

Reply #573 - Apr 15th, 2015, 8:25pm

I got it bad, real bad.  I've been reading and talking about a wheel upgrade for the CA2 for several months now and finally on Monday i pulled the trigger.  Performance had the Reynolds 4 on sale  and 20% off of the sale price so i trucked myself to Southlake and brought home a set on my bike because they mounted them for NOTHING, but after spending that much money I would have expected that.  From everything I  can read and based on the information from the Store Mechanic this is the Reynolds Assault wheel that was built specifically for Performance based on a volume buy and the only difference is the logo stuck on the wheel.  Very nice 46mm wheel with Reynolds Hubs, bladed spokes and full carbon.  I dropped half a pound off the bike in the upgrade, we weighed it before and after the change.  the irony of the weight to me is the Vuelta web site said my wheels weighed 1470g and the performance site says the Reynolds 4 weighed 1570g.  We weighed the bike twice because I couldn't believe what i was seeing, perhaps it was skewers and brake pads.

Today i did the first ride on the wheels, I haven't been feeling well the past couple days and had been off the bike for 3 days, those of you who know me know that is unusual.  I rode a route that i typically ride once a week so I could do a comparison.  First ride resulted in a 19.9 avg, I've done that once before on the old wheel set, typically when riding it alone I am in the high 18 to low 19 range.   I had 8 Strava PR's, 2 2nd best and 8 3rd best segments.  I believe my average would have been higher had the traffic not been so high and my spending so much time in line at stop lights and 4 way stops, it got quite frustrating.  Three things that amazed me, spin up is very quick with these wheels and when you get over 20mph you can actually feel the bike accelerate as it crosses threshold and then at 30mph its holy cow like a freaking jet blast occurred and the bike just takes off. I noticed no issues in the cross winds today but still have some work to do getting used to how they handle and perform in corners.    I'm really looking forward to getting out on an open road just to see how they really perform.

2017 Cruzbike V20
2019 ICE VTX Black
SOLD - 2011 GT Karakorem 1.0 - 2012 Lightning Phantom II - 2004 Lightning P38 2013 Rans Rifle 2014 Catrike 700 - 2014 Bacchetta CA2
Email   IP Logged
rcko

rbent member

Reply #574 - Apr 15th, 2015, 8:54pm

+1 here.  Picked up a set.  I am not as fast as Joe but must say crosswind has not been an issue.  They are light enough to climb well.  The spin up fantastically fast and hold speed really well

IP Logged
Mdicke

rbent member

Reply #575 - Apr 21st, 2015, 7:33pm

I ordered this little light the other day and it came in today.  At 2800 lumens this thing is definitely going to lite up the night.  I have not gotten out in the dark yet but just messing with in the house it is a lot of light for $24.  In flash mode it should be hard to miss.  Once I get to play with it in the dark I will update.

Construction is aluminum and has two sizes of "rubber bands" to hold it on the bar.  Once I figure out where I want it I may go to zip tie to attach it more securely.  Now I just have to decide whether to put on the handle bar or get an adapter for front derailleur mast out front.  I am thinking there will be better each off the handle bar.

http://www.amazon.com/ELETA-Bicycle-Battery-Charger-Switch/dp/B00Q8GW7VA/ref=pd_ sxp_f_pt

Rans F5
Catrike 700
Specialized Allez (DF)
  IP Logged
Mdicke

rbent member

Reply #576 - Apr 21st, 2015, 9:39pm

Okay thing is bright!  It might not be as bright as some more expensive lights but it will get me home if I start to late.  

The fence is about 40 ft from where I am standing.  This is on the high setting.

This is the middle setting

This is the low setting

« Last Edit: Apr 21st, 2015, 9:44pm by Mdicke »  

Rans F5
Catrike 700
Specialized Allez (DF)
  IP Logged
Monkeywrangler22
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #577 - Apr 22nd, 2015, 7:17am

I ordered a new cassette to replace the stock 11-36 on the Encore.  Getting a SRAM Red 11-25.  I went that small, after realizing I never get in to the granny up front, and in the middle ring, almost never go below the 5th rear cog.  I figure that an 11=25 should be about right for how I am riding the Encore and will give me a couple smaller steps too, along with being lighter.  Next up is I have been eyeballing a set of carbon wheels.  The prob there, besides budgeting it in, is finding some with disc brake 6bolt hubs.  I will probably end up eventually getting a light set of Chicom carbon wheels unless I find some good rims cheaply.  I'd love a set of Reynolds Assaults, or 202 firecrests...but that ain't gonna happen.

The Monkeywrangler's blog
Schlitter Encore
Fisher HKEK - Spec. Roubaix
Seavo - Serenity
Email   IP Logged
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Reply #578 - Apr 22nd, 2015, 12:14pm

I'll buy that 11/36 from you if you don't want it.

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
rmillay
Five Star Member

rbent member; go
Clowns!

Reply #579 - Apr 22nd, 2015, 9:20pm

Well, I didn't actually buy it recently, I've had it more than three years.  And I didn't buy it at all, it was something I won at the HOT rally:  a set of tires for any bike or trike.  I got a set for the 700, and used the small Kojaks a few months later.  But the 28-622 Marathon Supreme looked like it was never going to wear out.  Moreover, Mike L. for some reason had Schwalbe ship me two of these.  I tried to explain that my trike had only three tires, but Mike wasn't having it.  Well, I used one on the trike because I got tired of waiting for it to wear out, and now, finally, I've worn the Continental Grand Prix Four Season on my Musashi down to the cord, so I replaced it with the extra Schwalbe.  The Continental only lasted three years and 11,400 miles.  I hope the Schwalbe lasts longer.

Oh, I also replaced the RH Kojak on the 700.

« Last Edit: Apr 22nd, 2015, 9:22pm by rmillay »  

Catrike 700
RANS Formula LE , sold
Catrike Musashi
Catrike Speed
Catrike Speed, sold back

"It [Nissan Titan] wasn't named truck of the year because it wasn't the best!" Clay Cooley in his TV a
Email   IP Logged
Monkeywrangler22
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #580 - Apr 23rd, 2015, 6:05am

Quote from aikigreg on Apr 22nd, 2015, 12:14pm:
I'll buy that 11/36 from you if you don't want it.

If I decide to sell it, I will give you first dibs, Greg. I may need it in Kansas this October...the hills there are much longer and steeper than around here!  

Schlitter Encore
Seavo - Serenity
Email   IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Reply #581 - Apr 23rd, 2015, 11:29am

The new Tour II is still being built up at the TT factory, and should ship next week...  I had a small brainstorm, and I had John inquire as to the possibility of getting 1.1" Duranos installed instead of the stock 1.5" Marathons (since I already have a spare set of Marathons in the garage)...  TT quoted only a $40 upcharge for the Duranos - MAKE IT SO!    Cool

"A hundred miles on a bike? How many
days does that take you?"

Email FlyingLaZBoy   IP Logged
Phantom Rider
Five Star Member

Reply #582 - Apr 23rd, 2015, 7:48pm

Quote from Monkeywrangler22 on Apr 22nd, 2015, 7:17am:
I ordered a new cassette to replace the stock 11-36 on the Encore.  Getting a SRAM Red 11-25.  I went that small, after realizing I never get in to the granny up front, and in the middle ring, almost never go below the 5th rear cog.  I figure that an 11=25 should be about right for how I am riding the Encore and will give me a couple smaller steps too, along with being lighter.  Next up is I have been eyeballing a set of carbon wheels.  The prob there, besides budgeting it in, is finding some with disc brake 6bolt hubs.  I will probably end up eventually getting a light set of Chicom carbon wheels unless I find some good rims cheaply.  I'd love a set of Reynolds Assaults, or 202 firecrests...but that ain't gonna happen.

Hey Vic - the Reynolds 4 that performance has been selling in the 1000 range - well when you pull back the rim tape it says Reynolds Assault on them.

2017 Cruzbike V20
2019 ICE VTX Black
SOLD - 2011 GT Karakorem 1.0 - 2012 Lightning Phantom II - 2004 Lightning P38 2013 Rans Rifle 2014 Catrike 700 - 2014 Bacchetta CA2
Email   IP Logged
Monkeywrangler22
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #583 - Apr 24th, 2015, 11:27am

That's funny, Phantom.  I suppose I will just get a set of Flo 30's (aluminum) and a really good set of hubs and have Pat & Charlie at Texoma build them up for me.  Unless I can find some Assault rims unbuilt.

Schlitter Encore
Seavo - Serenity
Email   IP Logged
rcko

rbent member

Reply #584 - Apr 24th, 2015, 1:14pm

Concur with phantom.  My r Fours serial numbers are Assault wheels as well.  I been really satisfied with the performance from these wheels.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 ... 45
Send Topic Print