Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
May 2nd, 2024, 10:20am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 ... 45
Send Topic Print
W.I.B.T. Thread (Read 214936 times)
mleuck
Five Star Member

rbent member

Re: W.I.B.T. Thread
Reply #540 - Jan 27th, 2015, 11:01pm

Quote from Monkeywrangler22 on Jan 27th, 2015, 8:41am:
Assuming they don't stop supporting that battery too... I know, I'm just peeved at them for dropping the external batteries, 'cause you know they will drop the 4-cell eventually.  Guess I will either have to try a Batteries Plus rebuild, or see if the MagicShine batteries will fit.  I think they use the same connector.

I think you'll have more of an issue with headlights, I have a NiteRider that I can no longer get a battery for. Only thing is it's not a bright light and I'd much rather get something better when the battery finally goes

IP Logged
mleuck
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #541 - Jan 27th, 2015, 11:02pm

Quote from FlyingLaZBoy on Dec 23rd, 2014, 1:43pm:
Bought the new larger, cushier headrest pad from ADEM, for the Xstream seat...

http://i977.photobucket.com/albums/ae256/pbrown8js/newpad.jpg

Weird, in that he suggests drilling two new holes in the steel support arm for slightly wider spacing, 1.15" apart -- I just drilled two new holes in the plastic support plate of the pad itself, to fit the old screws in the holes that are 1" apart.

The pad itself is a definite improvement.

I have one with the old pad, the thing I don't like is the back plastic mounting bracket, when I get a chance I'll remove it and just bolt the metal arm directly to the seat

IP Logged
mleuck
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #542 - Jan 27th, 2015, 11:04pm

[quote author=FlyingLaZBoy link=1323352768/525#532 date=1419364380]Taking advantage of a 25% off sale at Plano combined with a gift certificate, Terrie got me some new shooz for Xmas....  Replacing the 5-yr old ones with no heels remaining.   Shhh, I'm not supposed to know about them....    Cheesy

they DO make replacements for some of their shoes, I ordered some and replaced mine last year

IP Logged
Monkeywrangler22
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #543 - Jan 28th, 2015, 7:17am

Quote from mleuck on Jan 27th, 2015, 11:01pm:
Quote from Monkeywrangler22 on Jan 27th, 2015, 8:41am:
Assuming they don't stop supporting that battery too... I know, I'm just peeved at them for dropping the external batteries, 'cause you know they will drop the 4-cell eventually.  Guess I will either have to try a Batteries Plus rebuild, or see if the MagicShine batteries will fit.  I think they use the same connector.

I think you'll have more of an issue with headlights, I have a NiteRider that I can no longer get a battery for. Only thing is it's not a bright light and I'd much rather get something better when the battery finally goes

I'm heavily invested in the Dinotte front and rear lights, with external batteries.  I think I will take one of my bad/dead battery packs and see what BAtteryPlus will charge to rebuild it with new 18650's in it.

As far as NiteRider goes, yea, it's really bad if they are using SLA batteries, and even their LI-Ions don't last like they should, using their special chargers...

Best bet so far, has been the Fenix BT20 2x18650, with user replaceable 18650s in the pack.  Decent headlight with some vertical cutoff, for those that like that feature.  DAve really likes his.

The Monkeywrangler's blog
Schlitter Encore
Fisher HKEK - Spec. Roubaix
Seavo - Serenity
Email   IP Logged
Action Lad
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #544 - Jan 29th, 2015, 6:06am

Quote from mleuck on Jan 27th, 2015, 10:59pm:
Quote from Monkeywrangler22 on Jan 26th, 2015, 11:36am:
And when your self contained battery craps out, you get to buy a whole new light!  Rather than just a replacement battery.... Smiley

I bought their 300R back in December of 2011, it was their first tail light with an internal battery, still going strong over 3 years later.

The only issue I had/have with the 300R is it has a piece of soft plastic that plugs into the side USB port preventing dirt and water from getting in, it never stays plugged in. Looks like they have a better solution on the Quad.

If I were looking to get another I wouldn't hesitate getting the Quad

The Quad Red is definitely a nice light.  One should buy in confidence.  Last night's ride at the Lake showed that it really floods the road, and gives plenty of luminence to the rear.  Better than my old 400R? Hmm.

There certainly is that option to go to Batteries Plus to repack the batteries, and they have done a great job before on my NiteRider lights.  With the Dinotte's however, I want to stay current for the warranty and simply that I have had so much less hassle with the brand.

"You can't see paradise if you don't pedal!"
T.J. Fowler -- Chicken Run
  IP Logged
reever

rbent member

Reply #545 - Jan 29th, 2015, 7:58am

In preparation for a long trip this June I bought a one wheeled trailer sort of like a BOB, only cheaper. I'd seen some of the one wheeled trailers selling for up around $300....got this one for $100 after shipping. It's called an Aosolom, I think. It's made in China. Went to the grocery store and hauled a 65 pound bag of dog food, a six pack of beer, and various other groceries back to my place. I was very unsure of how it would handle with a big load, but it did fine. I just didn't corner too fast on any corners.
The thing has a little suspension that makes it a little squirreley when it is loaded down heavily. If you get it leaning one way under load, stretches out the opposite side spring and just wants to stay leaning sideways.
I haven't pulled it up any hills yet to see how it will affect my climbing, but yesterday on a flat 15 mile course I averaged 17mph pulling the trailer with my tent in it.
I'm thinking of completely flat-proofing the tire, as I don't want to have to carry THREE different sizes of tubes. I'll take suggestions on what to use there--lightweight, but COMPLETELY flat-proof.

Adults should have fun so kids will want to grow up!

For every mile of road there's two miles of ditch.

I'd rather be sorry for something I did than for something I didn't do.
Email   IP Logged
rmillay
Five Star Member

rbent member; go
Clowns!

Reply #546 - Jan 29th, 2015, 7:12pm

Reever, what kind of dog food goes good with beer?

We killed some time before the lecture at UTD last night by hanging around Richardson BikeMart.  The grandson wanted a bike; we didn't get one for him.  They did have a Pocket and two Trails on the floor, and several different TerraTrikes.  They are having a clearance sale on winter wear, 30, 40, and 50% off.  I got a comfortable pair of heavy gloves and a pair of glove liners.  Plenty other stuff on sale, too.

Catrike 700
RANS Formula LE , sold
Catrike Musashi
Catrike Speed
Catrike Speed, sold back

"It [Nissan Titan] wasn't named truck of the year because it wasn't the best!" Clay Cooley in his TV a
Email   IP Logged
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Reply #547 - Feb 8th, 2015, 7:35pm

No pics, but I just bought a set of FLO 30 wheels with a powertap.  These are tubeless, wide rims.  Have a schwalbe one tubeless tire.  Took them out for the first time today.  Normally I run my clinchers at 120 psi rear, 115 front to minimize flats.  Had the flo at 100 and they felt like a marshmallow.  Comfy on these bumpy roads here.  Seemingly no speed penalty.  Felt like it was twice as wide as my conti gran prix 25c tires and that let me take some curves fast and leaning.  I felt the speed boost from the toroidal rims kick in a couple times.  Lighter than my velocity a23 wheels without powertap and they climbed well.  Happy so far.

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
rmillay
Five Star Member

rbent member; go
Clowns!

Reply #548 - Feb 15th, 2015, 11:08am

Rainy week project! Got most of the parts yesterday to upgrade my 700 to 10 speeds.  Have a Rival derailleur (in spite of a warning from our SRAM expert),  PG1070 cassette (12-32), TT900 shifters (cables in the mail), and miles of chain.  The 9-speed Dura-Ace RH shifter broke, and shifts uncertainly in friction mode.  I found out that shifter has a problem in that way, and the (expensive) fix is to go SRAM 10-speed all the way.  Probably couldn't have scheduled this project for a better time.   Smiley

Catrike 700
RANS Formula LE , sold
Catrike Musashi
Catrike Speed
Catrike Speed, sold back

"It [Nissan Titan] wasn't named truck of the year because it wasn't the best!" Clay Cooley in his TV a
Email   IP Logged
Action Lad
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #549 - Feb 16th, 2015, 3:13am

Quote from rmillay on Feb 15th, 2015, 11:08am:
Rainy week project! Got most of the parts yesterday to upgrade my 700 to 10 speeds.  Have a Rival derailleur (in spite of a warning from our SRAM expert),  PG1070 cassette (12-32), TT900 shifters (cables in the mail), and miles of chain.  The 9-speed Dura-Ace RH shifter broke, and shifts uncertainly in friction mode.  I found out that shifter has a problem in that way, and the (expensive) fix is to go SRAM 10-speed all the way.  Probably couldn't have scheduled this project for a better time.   Smiley

I am really curious to see how this thing performs.   Smiley

"You can't see paradise if you don't pedal!"
T.J. Fowler -- Chicken Run
  IP Logged
reever

rbent member

Reply #550 - Feb 16th, 2015, 8:19pm

Today I ended my Musashi headrest problems. Instead of having two bolts screwing into the ends of the spacer I got me a long bolt to go through the entire thing and put a nut with a nylon bushing on the end of it. To do that I had to drill the threads out, but no problem. I also did the same thing for the bolts holding the clamps to the bike itself. Now I will never have to worry about the thing falling off again.

Email   IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Reply #551 - Mar 3rd, 2015, 3:13pm

Bought two pair of Giro LTZ II gloves -- I really like these things... got one white, one blk/yellow

http://www.jensonusa.com/!Xka9BrmRzVyh3umMKCxrxg!/Giro-LTZ-II-Gloves

"A hundred miles on a bike? How many
days does that take you?"

Email FlyingLaZBoy   IP Logged
Bud_Bent

Reply #552 - Mar 3rd, 2015, 6:43pm

Quote from FlyingLaZBoy on Mar 3rd, 2015, 3:13pm:
Bought two pair of Giro LTZ II gloves -- I really like these things... got one white, one blk/yellow

http://www.jensonusa.com/!Xka9BrmRzVyh3umMKCxrxg!/Giro-LTZ-II-Gloves

White?????? I shudder to think what those would look like after I rode a few times....

Bud
* 2009 RANS F-5 Pro
* 2009 RANS XStream
* 2004 RANS Screamer
My Blog - uneasy-rider.com
WWW   IP Logged
reever

rbent member

Reply #553 - Mar 4th, 2015, 12:14pm

I got tired of not being able to go out on cold, wet, messy days, so I went out and bought me a used Long Haul Disc Trucker from a guy named Wade down around Austin. He rode it from Pueblo, Colorado to Anchorage, Alaska and burned himself out on biking. Neat guy! He said his blog on crazyguyonabkie has gotten over 12,000 reads. If you want to look at his blog you can search his name on that blog-- Wade Dunkin.
Today's ride was in slow motion. The thing is a TANK, but I felt safe and happy!!!!

Email   IP Logged
Phantom Rider
Five Star Member

Reply #554 - Mar 5th, 2015, 10:50am

This crazy weather has beaten me down and I have caved.  I always said I would never own a trainer but now there is one in my garage.  Picked up a Cyclops Fluid 2 and set the CA2 up in it last night.  I remember my days as a runner and would not get on a treadmill because it went nowhere, I'm hoping the wisdom i have gained (yea right) over the years will have a different effect on a bike trainer.

Also bought a set of magnet-less sensors for the Garmin 800 and installed them, at least i will know my cadence and how far i didn't go.

2017 Cruzbike V20
2019 ICE VTX Black
SOLD - 2011 GT Karakorem 1.0 - 2012 Lightning Phantom II - 2004 Lightning P38 2013 Rans Rifle 2014 Catrike 700 - 2014 Bacchetta CA2
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 ... 45
Send Topic Print