Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Apr 29th, 2024, 12:48pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 ... 45
Send Topic Print
W.I.B.T. Thread (Read 214803 times)
jayg
Five Star Member

rbent member

Re: W.I.B.T. Thread
Reply #465 - Jun 12th, 2014, 6:28pm

Finally found out where I hid the 10-speed, long-cage SRAM X0 derailleur I've been wanting to use to replace the chain-jamming, mid-cage Rival derailleur on my Catrike Speed. Removed the Rival derailleur and threw it in a box that already contained two exploded Rival derailleurs. I like the performance of the Rival, except on those rare occasions when I downshift to the big cog and they jamb the chain and explode (Yes, the limit screws were properly set, but the chain wrap capacity was exceeded by 2T). The X0 performed great on the test stand. Hope it will stop the chain jamming. Kind of embarrassing to make a group of riders wait, while you and a buddy spend 25 minutes extracting a chain from between the cassette and wheel. Even worse when you are stranded, due to a derailleur explosion. Now, all I have to do is straighten the rear wheel the jammed chain pulled out of alignment, and the Speed will be ready for this months RBM recumbent ride.    

Had to install a Jagwire in-line cable housing adjuster, since neither the TT-500 bar end shifter nor the X0 derailleur have built-in adjusters. Really like the direct, no-loop cable housing path.

As I was cleaning the X0 derailleur, prior to installing it, noticed the idler wheel had a through crack. The derailleur has very low mileage on it, so was surprised to see it. Replaced it with a cartridge bearing idler from an exploded Rival derailleur.

« Last Edit: Jun 13th, 2014, 6:00pm by jayg »  
Email   IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Reply #466 - Jun 13th, 2014, 11:49am

It also serves as a handy maintenance stand -- just lower it four feet, and work on the trike!

PB

Quote from Phantom Rider on Jun 7th, 2014, 6:02pm:
http://i1294.photobucket.com/albums/b620/hootonsrus/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-06/231 F9B7D-81E9-49E6-8434-5801037528CE_zpstczi5pcr.jpg

Hung the trike in the garage today.   pretty sweet idea, just lowers down into the bed of the vehicle when its time to travel.

"A hundred miles on a bike? How many
days does that take you?"

Email FlyingLaZBoy   IP Logged
Phantom Rider
Five Star Member

Reply #467 - Jun 13th, 2014, 12:29pm

discovered that already and your right, it is very nice to have it at eye level.  That is the cheapest stand I will ever own.

Quote from FlyingLaZBoy on Jun 13th, 2014, 11:49am:
It also serves as a handy maintenance stand -- just lower it four feet, and work on the trike!

PB

Quote from Phantom Rider on Jun 7th, 2014, 6:02pm:
http://i1294.photobucket.com/albums/b620/hootonsrus/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-06/231 F9B7D-81E9-49E6-8434-5801037528CE_zpstczi5pcr.jpg

Hung the trike in the garage today.   pretty sweet idea, just lowers down into the bed of the vehicle when its time to travel.

2017 Cruzbike V20
2019 ICE VTX Black
SOLD - 2011 GT Karakorem 1.0 - 2012 Lightning Phantom II - 2004 Lightning P38 2013 Rans Rifle 2014 Catrike 700 - 2014 Bacchetta CA2
Email   IP Logged
rcko

rbent member

Reply #468 - Jun 14th, 2014, 9:22pm

Bought KMc lite weight chain for the Corsa. Trying to now figure out other areas to affordably lose the weight. Though about the carbon seat but $450 for one pound is too much.

IP Logged
JimFPU
Five Star Member

RBENT member, now in
Virginia.  I miss
Texas!

Reply #469 - Jun 17th, 2014, 8:44am

Now I'm one of the cool kids.  Kim and the kids bought me a GoPro Hero 3+ Silver Edition for Father's Day.  Totally surprised and completely unexpected.  They don't get me often, but this time I had no clue!  Can't wait to go riding with it.

'13 Bluevelo carbon Quest QB 74 - The Flaming Eyeball
'12 ICE Sprint X 26

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_cUvLNb9JJ6UAQkw7KYDQw

Store: https://flaming-eyeball-graphics.square.site
WWW   IP Logged
Action Lad
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #470 - Jun 18th, 2014, 7:06pm

Quote from JimFPU on Jun 17th, 2014, 8:44am:
Now I'm one of the cool kids.  Kim and the kids bought me a GoPro Hero 3+ Silver Edition for Father's Day.  Totally surprised and completely unexpected.  They don't get me often, but this time I had no clue!  Can't wait to go riding with it.

It's one thing to have a nice ride.  Then, you relive it again, and again!  It just adds a new dimension to the experience.  Congratulations, Dad!  Smiley

"You can't see paradise if you don't pedal!"
T.J. Fowler -- Chicken Run
  IP Logged
dd5339
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #471 - Jun 26th, 2014, 5:24pm

Looks like I am buying a new bottom bracket for my upright...

It went south about a mile from home on my afternoon commute.

Keep this up and I'll eventually have a new bike, one piece at a time.

And yes, I know, the bike is dirty..  Something about the local HOA's and city watering the streets expecting them to grow..

Semper Fi

Email   IP Logged
Action Lad
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #472 - Jun 27th, 2014, 8:23pm

Quote from dd5339 on Jun 26th, 2014, 5:24pm:
Looks like I am buying a new bottom bracket for my upright...

http://instagram.com/p/puM36JJ7Al/media/?size=l

It went south about a mile from home on my afternoon commute.

Keep this up and I'll eventually have a new bike, one piece at a time.

And yes, I know, the bike is dirty..  Something about the local HOA's and city watering the streets expecting them to grow..

Semper Fi

Sorry, can't tell what the problem is.  Did it tear off or something?

IP Logged
dd5339
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #473 - Jun 27th, 2014, 8:29pm

The pressed in bearing decided it didn't want to play anymore.

Semper Fi

Email   IP Logged
BentTrekker

rbent member

Reply #474 - Jul 8th, 2014, 9:03pm

I got sick of slathering sunblock all over my arms and legs, so I researched arm and leg coolers (aka sun sleeves).  I then found DeSoto Sport's SkinCooler's, which block 75% of UVB rays (the burning rays).  Unfortunately, none of the bike shops I frequent carry this brand.  So, I dropped into PlayTri in Colleyville today to buy a pair of black DeSoto arm skincoolers to test them out during my ride after work today with Phantom Rider.  THEY ARE AWESOME, and made me feel cool even though it was 99 degrees and the sun was bearing down on me HARD.  So, I just ordered 2 pairs of their leg skincoolers (1 black, 1 white) and a white arm skincooler from DeSoto Sport's website.  Check them out here:

Leg SkinCoolers
https://www.desotosport.com/product/LC

Arm SkinCoolers
https://www.desotosport.com/product/AC

Matt Bailey
OWN: Optima High Baron
SOLD: Catrike Expedition, Catrike 700, Catrike Pocket, Bacchetta CA2, Lightning Stealth, TerraTrike Tandem Pro.
Email WWW BentTrekker   IP Logged
Action Lad
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #475 - Jul 9th, 2014, 11:10pm

Quote from BentTrekker on Jul 8th, 2014, 9:03pm:
I got sick of slathering sunblock all over my arms and legs, so I researched arm and leg coolers (aka sun sleeves).  I then found DeSoto Sport's SkinCooler's, which block 75% of UVB rays (the burning rays).  Unfortunately, none of the bike shops I frequent carry this brand.  So, I dropped into PlayTri in Colleyville today to buy a pair of black DeSoto arm skincoolers to test them out during my ride after work today with Phantom Rider.  THEY ARE AWESOME, and made me feel cool even though it was 99 degrees and the sun was bearing down on me HARD.  So, I just ordered 2 pairs of their leg skincoolers (1 black, 1 white) and a white arm skincooler from DeSoto Sport's website.  Check them out here:

Leg SkinCoolers
https://www.desotosport.com/product/LC

Arm SkinCoolers
https://www.desotosport.com/product/AC

I can vouch for arm/leg coolers...even for this brand.  Coming into the season, knowing my body is a furnace, I finally broke down and asked for advice on which of these to get.  Got white Desotos for legs and arms.  Right from the package, I donned them and blew across my hand in my hot garage, then across my covered forearm.  I just laughed feeling several degrees cooler under the fabric.

After a ride in hot weather, after I had begun sweating, it was even more intense.  I was beginning to feel a bit chilly under the fabric.  Just amazing stuff.  I highly recommend them.    

IP Logged
Phantom Rider
Five Star Member

Reply #476 - Jul 10th, 2014, 7:54pm

oh no what has he done now????

I need a place to stay Bob!

« Last Edit: Jul 10th, 2014, 7:55pm by Phantom Rider »  

2017 Cruzbike V20
2019 ICE VTX Black
SOLD - 2011 GT Karakorem 1.0 - 2012 Lightning Phantom II - 2004 Lightning P38 2013 Rans Rifle 2014 Catrike 700 - 2014 Bacchetta CA2
Email   IP Logged
jayg
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #477 - Jul 10th, 2014, 8:13pm

Quote from Phantom Rider on Jul 10th, 2014, 7:54pm:

That seat back looks very familiar.   Cheesy

Email   IP Logged
rmillay
Five Star Member

rbent member; go
Clowns!

Reply #478 - Jul 10th, 2014, 8:23pm

I'll make up the bed in the spare bedroom.   Smiley

Catrike 700
RANS Formula LE , sold
Catrike Musashi
Catrike Speed
Catrike Speed, sold back

"It [Nissan Titan] wasn't named truck of the year because it wasn't the best!" Clay Cooley in his TV a
Email   IP Logged
BentTrekker

rbent member

Reply #479 - Jul 11th, 2014, 1:35pm

I finally paid for and picked up Bob Wand's TerraTrike Tandem Pro for my son and I today!  We're pretty excited about it, Bob Smiley

On my way over there, I stopped by RBM and picked up this:

My sunglasses broke off of me while riding WRL Thursday, which gave me the excuse to buy this nice helmet with built in sun visor  Smiley

It's much nicer than sunglasses sliding down my sweaty nose Wink

Matt Bailey
OWN: Optima High Baron
SOLD: Catrike Expedition, Catrike 700, Catrike Pocket, Bacchetta CA2, Lightning Stealth, TerraTrike Tandem Pro.
Email WWW BentTrekker   IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 ... 45
Send Topic Print