Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
May 2nd, 2024, 11:25am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 ... 45
Send Topic Print
W.I.B.T. Thread (Read 214940 times)
goatstick

Team SCDRR

Re: W.I.B.T. Thread
Reply #435 - May 26th, 2014, 8:33pm

Don't need the pads. Need the plastic plates that the pads attach to, though the pads you show are for the metal plates. The plastic plates are curved circular plates. I've contacted Profile directly, gone through bike shops and wholesellers to try to get the plates from them but they don't respond so I decided to make my own. Thanks though.

Spherical Cows, Dude! Ranch Racing
RailGun performance seats
Email   IP Logged
Bud_Bent

Reply #436 - May 26th, 2014, 9:30pm

Yep, the aerobar I ordered has round plates and pads. Those odd shaped ones would feel strange, I think.

Bud
* 2009 RANS F-5 Pro
* 2009 RANS XStream
* 2004 RANS Screamer
My Blog - uneasy-rider.com
WWW   IP Logged
goatstick

Team SCDRR

Reply #437 - May 27th, 2014, 2:42pm

Sell the other plate and pad to Greg and charge him a lot of money for it. :^)

Email   IP Logged
Bud_Bent

Reply #438 - May 27th, 2014, 7:03pm

Quote from goatstick on May 27th, 2014, 2:42pm:
Sell the other plate and pad to Greg and charge him a lot of money for it. :^)

I had a an 18' x 25' storage building built on a slab in my back yard for a reason. Lots of room for spare parts...

Bud
* 2009 RANS F-5 Pro
* 2009 RANS XStream
* 2004 RANS Screamer
My Blog - uneasy-rider.com
WWW   IP Logged
Phantom Rider
Five Star Member

Reply #439 - May 27th, 2014, 7:04pm

Well folks after 2 days of testing riding a Catrike 700 this afternoon I rode it(in the rain) from home to Bonzai CycleWerx and paid for it.  Yep, I now own a Black 2014 700.  Never really thought I would own one of these but after reading and listening to all the rage I just had to go try it for myself and now understand why people fall in love with them.  The 700 will not be a replacement to my high racer but will compliment on days i just feel like riding something different.  I also plan to do 100k rando rides on it and plan to start that on Sunday morning, who knows there could be a 200k in the future for it as well.

2017 Cruzbike V20
2019 ICE VTX Black
SOLD - 2011 GT Karakorem 1.0 - 2012 Lightning Phantom II - 2004 Lightning P38 2013 Rans Rifle 2014 Catrike 700 - 2014 Bacchetta CA2
Email   IP Logged
jayg
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #440 - May 27th, 2014, 8:00pm

Quote from Phantom Rider on May 27th, 2014, 7:04pm:
Well folks after 2 days of testing riding a Catrike 700 this afternoon I rode it(in the rain) from home to Bonzai CycleWerx and paid for it.  Yep, I now own a Black 2014 700.  Never really thought I would own one of these but after reading and listening to all the rage I just had to go try it for myself and now understand why people fall in love with them.  The 700 will not be a replacement to my high racer but will compliment on days i just feel like riding something different.  I also plan to do 100k rando rides on it and plan to start that on Sunday morning, who knows there could be a 200k in the future for it as well.

Congratulations. Talked to a rider, today, that has a black one on order. Wonder if the 700 is currently one of Catrike's top selling trikes?

Email   IP Logged
Monkeywrangler22
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #441 - May 27th, 2014, 8:35pm

Forgive me RBENT, for I have sinned...I have added a new bike to the stable, but it is not bent.

This followed me home this evening.  I found I am able to ride a DF again, and added one to the collection.  After a couple rides on a Giant OCR and being a lot faster on hills, I could not resist its siren call.  And being able to hold up a complete bike, one handed, sure is nice.

Oh I still have my Giro, at least until an Encore comes along in the budget.  But there is a certain joy in a new road bike, even if it is DF! Wink

The Monkeywrangler's blog
Schlitter Encore
Fisher HKEK - Spec. Roubaix
Seavo - Serenity
Email   IP Logged
JimFPU
Five Star Member

RBENT member, now in
Virginia.  I miss
Texas!

Reply #442 - May 28th, 2014, 9:33am

Vici...I feel pity for you...going bak to shuch a tiny little seat.  Seek professional help.

Quote from Monkeywrangler22 on May 27th, 2014, 8:35pm:
Forgive me RBENT, for I have sinned...I have added a new bike to the stable, but it is not bent.
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b353/vic303/20140527_190829_zps457c5f6b.jpg

This followed me home this evening.  I found I am able to ride a DF again, and added one to the collection.  After a couple rides on a Giant OCR and being a lot faster on hills, I could not resist its siren call.  And being able to hold up a complete bike, one handed, sure is nice.

Oh I still have my Giro, at least until an Encore comes along in the budget.  But there is a certain joy in a new road bike, even if it is DF! Wink

'13 Bluevelo carbon Quest QB 74 - The Flaming Eyeball
'12 ICE Sprint X 26

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_cUvLNb9JJ6UAQkw7KYDQw

Store: https://flaming-eyeball-graphics.square.site
WWW   IP Logged
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Reply #443 - May 28th, 2014, 7:53pm

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
dd5339
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #444 - May 28th, 2014, 8:05pm

Quote from aikigreg on May 28th, 2014, 7:53pm:

Details man details!  

And just what are you going to haul in the tailbox!  

Semper Fi

Email   IP Logged
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Reply #445 - May 28th, 2014, 11:07pm

Not a darn thing I don't have to!

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
Rat Rider

Recumbents Across
Texas

Reply #446 - May 29th, 2014, 8:09am

Nice to see you were able to reunite the happy couple. I thought strange circumstances and stranger people had forever doomed their reconciliation.

good on ya

« Last Edit: May 29th, 2014, 8:11am by Rat Rider »  

Metabike Mystique
Lightning Phantom II
CruzRocket indoor recumbent Zwift trainer
Ranger
Dakota

Need dependable wheels?
Email   IP Logged
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Reply #447 - May 29th, 2014, 11:08am

Yeah the guy was one weird douche.  Didn't trust him a bit.   But I have a friend in Detroit who arranged to pick it up in person.  Even more lucky, she mailed it through her corporate account and it only cost 15 bucks.

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
JimFPU
Five Star Member

RBENT member, now in
Virginia.  I miss
Texas!

Reply #448 - May 30th, 2014, 8:46pm

03 Speed #126 from the original owner...and it's in almost mint condition!

My middle daughter checking it out:

'13 Bluevelo carbon Quest QB 74 - The Flaming Eyeball
'12 ICE Sprint X 26

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_cUvLNb9JJ6UAQkw7KYDQw

Store: https://flaming-eyeball-graphics.square.site
WWW   IP Logged
goatstick

Team SCDRR

Reply #449 - May 31st, 2014, 8:58pm

Quote from aikigreg on May 28th, 2014, 11:07pm:
Not a darn thing I don't have to!

Greg!!! You bringing that speed demon on a St Pete N ride when visiting the area in a couple of weeks?

When I can get 2-3 of the fast guys in the area to rotate behind me we'll average 27-28. That's a fair amount of turns but not too many stops (usually less than 15 stops) but launches are hard until they pop their chutes. Sometimes it's faster when I'm by myself and don't have to slow down for them. Only two sprint zones and as long as I pull them pretty hard we keep the sprints down to the low 30's.

I usually warm up for the ride by doing the 19+ mile ride down there rolling about 26-28 most of the time. Even with all of the stops and slowing for traffic, etc. I made it down there this morning in 50 minutes flat (23.1mph avg - faster than you can get there by car in normal traffic) so was cranking it fairly hard.

And you need to ride down to Ft Desoto with me and do some moderate intervals in the wind. Sit it on 300 watts for some 3 mile pulls and have you hang on like you used to do! :^)  A few of us do that on Tuesday mornings.

Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 ... 45
Send Topic Print