Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Apr 29th, 2024, 2:19pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 ... 45
Send Topic Print
W.I.B.T. Thread (Read 214818 times)
Phantom Rider
Five Star Member

Re: W.I.B.T. Thread
Reply #480 - Jul 11th, 2014, 9:18pm

Dude - I love those helmets.

Quote from BentTrekker on Jul 11th, 2014, 1:35pm:
I finally paid for and picked up Bob Wand's TerraTrike Tandem Pro for my son and I today!  We're pretty excited about it, Bob Smiley

On my way over there, I stopped by RBM and picked up this:

http://www.giro.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/479x/9df78eab33525d08d6e 5fb8d27136e95/g/i/giro_airattackshield_bluewhite_1_1.jpg

My sunglasses broke off of me while riding WRL Thursday, which gave me the excuse to buy this nice helmet with built in sun visor  Smiley

It's much nicer than sunglasses sliding down my sweaty nose Wink

2017 Cruzbike V20
2019 ICE VTX Black
SOLD - 2011 GT Karakorem 1.0 - 2012 Lightning Phantom II - 2004 Lightning P38 2013 Rans Rifle 2014 Catrike 700 - 2014 Bacchetta CA2
Email   IP Logged
lv2bike

rbent member

Reply #481 - Jul 16th, 2014, 9:38am

Cool looking helmet.  Not many vents so I'm wondering if it is as cool and regular mull-vented helmets.  Comments?

IP Logged
BentTrekker

rbent member

Reply #482 - Jul 16th, 2014, 10:04am

Quote from lv2bike on Jul 16th, 2014, 9:38am:
Cool looking helmet.  Not many vents so I'm wondering if it is as cool and regular mull-vented helmets.  Comments?

I've ridden several times with it now, and it's as cool as any other.  It also supposedly has the same aerodynamics as a teardrop helmet.

Matt Bailey
OWN: Optima High Baron
SOLD: Catrike Expedition, Catrike 700, Catrike Pocket, Bacchetta CA2, Lightning Stealth, TerraTrike Tandem Pro.
Email WWW BentTrekker   IP Logged
jayg
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #483 - Jul 16th, 2014, 10:43am

Quote from lv2bike on Jul 16th, 2014, 9:38am:

I've ridden with my white "Air Attack" helmet in 100 degree temps, and my head didn't get overheated. There's a line of vents in the shield, just below the helmet edge, that help ventilate the rider's face. These vents, also, prevent the shield from fogging up, during cold weather. These are the best helmets I've ever owned (I have both a black and white one). Available in three sizes. Fits very well. Spare shields are available in both reflective-tinted and reflective-clear configurations at $30 to $40 each. Prescription glasses fit fine behind the shield. Used to use prescription sunglasses, but no more, since I'm riding with the tinted, reflective shield. Helmet is aero, since a honking-big, air-catching visor can't be used in conjunction with it.  Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Ldoc1234

rbent member

Reply #484 - Jul 17th, 2014, 11:25pm

I totally agree with jayg. Also eliminated the prescription sunglasses and now use regular glasses under this visor. Never hot and so comfortable. Definitely best helmet so far.

Email   IP Logged
Action Lad
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #485 - Jul 18th, 2014, 8:52pm

The IXON ("IKS-on") IQ Premium Headlights by Busch & Muller

I actually received these a couple of days ago to replace my Big Bang headlights.  The Big Bangs are large, bright, and intelligent, meaning they flood the road rather than the oncoming drivers' eyes.  Well, good as they are, there has always been a problem with the switches on both lamps.  

Well, I received replacements for them in the form of the IQ Premium, an improvement on their successful IQ, upping the lux from 40 to 80, longer run time w/o increased battery drain and an even better beam.  For the full explanation lux vs. lumens and for video on how they look on the road: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwM7vDvvGhU
So far, they seem to be a home run of an internal battery, (4 x AA), LED lamp.

« Last Edit: Jul 18th, 2014, 8:53pm by Action Lad »  

"You can't see paradise if you don't pedal!"
T.J. Fowler -- Chicken Run
  IP Logged
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Reply #486 - Jul 18th, 2014, 10:24pm

Alexis' New ride.  16.5 pounds.

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
BentTrekker

rbent member

Reply #487 - Jul 25th, 2014, 2:23pm

I just ordered my new 2014 Electric Blue Catrike 700 from Bonzai Cycle Werx!  And, they offer FREE maintenance for the life of the trike!   Grin  I'm also having them remove the chain tubes and add a return idler.

« Last Edit: Jul 25th, 2014, 8:47pm by BentTrekker »  

Matt Bailey
SOLD: Catrike Expedition, Catrike 700, Catrike Pocket, Bacchetta CA2, Lightning Stealth, TerraTrike Tandem Pro.
BentTrekker

rbent member

Reply #488 - Jul 29th, 2014, 2:15pm

Being the huge Trekkie that I am, I ordered the perfect cycling jersey to match!   Smiley

Matt Bailey
Phantom Rider
Five Star Member

Reply #489 - Jul 29th, 2014, 5:53pm

Way cool dude, better get two so you can wash one while riding in the other.   I know your gonna be out everyday on that new cool blue 700.

Quote from BentTrekker on Jul 29th, 2014, 2:15pm:

2017 Cruzbike V20
2019 ICE VTX Black
SOLD - 2011 GT Karakorem 1.0 - 2012 Lightning Phantom II - 2004 Lightning P38 2013 Rans Rifle 2014 Catrike 700 - 2014 Bacchetta CA2
Email   IP Logged
Action Lad
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #490 - Jul 29th, 2014, 10:48pm

Quote from BentTrekker on Jul 29th, 2014, 2:15pm:
One WAY cool shirt, Brother! Smiley

"You can't see paradise if you don't pedal!"
T.J. Fowler -- Chicken Run
  IP Logged
Phantom Rider
Five Star Member

Reply #491 - Aug 12th, 2014, 9:26pm

Late post.

Friday I made the journey to Austin and visited a very special place known as Easy Street Recumbents, should you make the journey I would encourage you to either leave your wallet at home or take someone with you who will say no.  

My journey was planned as I had ordered a CA2 and was transporting my P-38 to trade in.  The discussion with mike began as a trade for a musashi and somehow became a CA2.  This is my first Carbon bike and oh my what a smooth ride it is.  The CA2 is stock with the exception of the FSA SLK light carbon cranks I upgraded to.  I now have about 100 miles on it and the jury is out on the bars and grip shifters, this is my first experience with grip shifters.  I purchased it this way with the mindset that I would probably upgrade the drive train to 10 speed and bar ends pretty soon, the money was budgeted but I wasn't willing to commit up front because I wanted to ride it stock and if satisfied then I saved myself some money.  I fully expect to make the decision within the first 300 miles.

The bike is beautiful and I find myself in constant amazement of just how good it really looks.  The carbon is a very sweet ride and I look forward to many miles on it.  

Btw, my wife and daughter went with me and now daughter has picked out a blue villager and has moms blessing.  I now have to figure out how and when I'm going to get this one done.  Gotta sell the Rifle first, it will be posted in the next few days.

2017 Cruzbike V20
2019 ICE VTX Black
Email   IP Logged
jayg
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #492 - Aug 13th, 2014, 5:18pm

Decided to do the weight weenie thing on my Catrike Speed. Ordered a pair of custom 24-spoke, 349 (16") Velocity Aeroheat wheels from Power On Cycles (Mark Power builds them, himself). The stock wheels have 32-spoke Sun rims and un-branded hubs with a Catrike logo on them. Have 1.125", wire-bead Schwalbe Stelvio tires installed on them. Installed 1.25", folding Schwalbe Kojaks on the new wheels. Schwalbe has discontinued 349 folding Kojaks, but Calhoun Cycle has a NOS source. Total weight savings is 12 ounces. Cost $30 per ounce. Ordered optional ceramic bearings, so I could conduct some roll-down tests, but Mr. Power talked me out of them (Said they weren't worth the money). The installed SS bearings have very low drag.  

Stock Sun wheel on left. New Velocity wheel on right.

« Last Edit: Aug 13th, 2014, 7:08pm by jayg »  
Email   IP Logged
Monkeywrangler22
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #493 - Aug 13th, 2014, 9:09pm

WAAAY too much stuff recently!  This week alone: Vuelta Corsa Lite wheelset, Carbon Johnson fork, Velocity A23 rim, Ultegra rear hub...One of two new bikes came in and I think that's most of it...so far.  Smiley

The Monkeywrangler's blog
Schlitter Encore
Fisher HKEK - Spec. Roubaix
Seavo - Serenity
Email   IP Logged
dd5339
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #494 - Aug 17th, 2014, 8:13pm

The Vuelta Corsa Lite wheels and the Carbon Johnson were for this..

Of course we also had to add in the SRAM Carbon TT500 shifters since the brand new SRAM XO trigger shifters that came with the bike died at 40 miles.

And since it's blue, it's fast..

Semper Fi

Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 ... 45
Send Topic Print