Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
May 16th, 2024, 1:02am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Life in Hell (Read 5853 times)
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Re: Life in Hell
Reply #45 - Aug 23rd, 2020, 6:22pm

Bud she certainly has had a run of bad luck these last years. Some bad crashes too. But what a fighter she is!  Perhaps we have a different thread for each of our various ailments?  Blech. What a depressing thought!

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
Bud_Bent

Reply #46 - Aug 24th, 2020, 2:30pm

Quote from aikigreg on Aug 23rd, 2020, 6:22pm:
Bud she certainly has had a run of bad luck these last years. Some bad crashes too. But what a fighter she is!

Yes, between such a long, arduous recovery from valve replacement, and the wrecks she has had, she really has had a tough go of it. But, she's back to pedaling a lot of miles, so good for her.

Perhaps we have a different thread for each of our various ailments?  Blech. What a depressing thought!

So many of us are getting older and/or fighting health issues, I've thought about adding a Health and Riding forum where everyone could detail health issues. It really is nice to read how others have been handling such things when you end up newly diagnosed yourself. I remember when I lost half a lung to surgery for lung cancer, and then had to do chemo, I couldn't find a single rider online who was going through the same thing. Of course, many people do not want to post such personal things as health issues online, so I don't know how many posts we would get in such a forum. And there certainly isn't a thing wrong with posting stuff like that in this general forum.

« Last Edit: Aug 24th, 2020, 2:35pm by Bud_Bent »  

Bud
* 2009 RANS F-5 Pro
* 2009 RANS XStream
* 2004 RANS Screamer
My Blog - uneasy-rider.com
WWW   IP Logged
kenbent6
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #47 - Aug 24th, 2020, 3:22pm

Quote from Bud_Bent on Aug 24th, 2020, 2:30pm:
Bud she certainly has had a run of bad luck these last years. Some bad crashes too. But what a fighter she is!

Yes, between such a long, arduous recovery from valve replacement, and the wrecks she has had, she really has had a tough go of it. But, she's back to pedaling a lot of miles, so good for her.

Perhaps we have a different thread for each of our various ailments?  Blech. What a depressing thought!

So many of us are getting older and/or fighting health issues, I've thought about adding a Health and Riding forum where everyone could detail health issues. It really is nice to read how others have been handling such things when you end up newly diagnosed yourself. I remember when I lost half a lung to surgery for lung cancer, and then had to do chemo, I couldn't find a single rider online who was going through the same thing. Of course, many people do not want to post such personal things as health issues online, so I don't know how many posts we would get in such a forum. And there certainly isn't a thing wrong with posting stuff like that in this general forum.

Also, If we are informed of each other medical condition we can put you on out prayer list.  Smiley

IP Logged
rmillay
Five Star Member

rbent member; go
Clowns!

Reply #48 - Aug 24th, 2020, 10:19pm

I'm alive and riding a little better each week, Paul, thanks.  My valve replacement was the aortic valve, which used the TAVR procedure.  That replaces the valve using a catheter inserted in the femoral artery at the groin.  Other valve procedures require opening up the heart.  I wasn't told the brand of the valve.  It was only described as semi-synthetic.  The valve gave me an almost immediate improvement.  The rest of the stuff they did to me during that hospital stay was not so pleasant.

Catrike 700
RANS Formula LE , sold
Catrike Musashi
Catrike Speed
Catrike Speed, sold back

"It [Nissan Titan] wasn't named truck of the year because it wasn't the best!" Clay Cooley in his TV a
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print