Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
May 16th, 2024, 12:59pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Life in Hell (Read 5856 times)
kenbent6
Five Star Member

rbent member

Re: Life in Hell
Reply #15 - Nov 16th, 2019, 6:45pm

Have they said when you will be going back for heart repair? Smiley

IP Logged
rmillay
Five Star Member

rbent member; go
Clowns!

Reply #16 - Nov 18th, 2019, 2:26pm

Next evaluation for the heart valve is Dec. 2.  Still dealing with gut problems.  Have to force myself just to take in small quantities.

Catrike 700
RANS Formula LE , sold
Catrike Musashi
Catrike Speed
Catrike Speed, sold back

"It [Nissan Titan] wasn't named truck of the year because it wasn't the best!" Clay Cooley in his TV a
Email   IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Reply #17 - Nov 18th, 2019, 4:13pm

Quote from rmillay on Nov 18th, 2019, 2:26pm:
Next evaluation for the heart valve is Dec. 2.  Still dealing with gut problems.  Have to force myself just to take in small quantities.

No Barbec's for you!

PB

"A hundred miles on a bike? How many
days does that take you?"

Email FlyingLaZBoy   IP Logged
jayg
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #18 - Nov 19th, 2019, 7:10pm

Lynn M reported this morning that Bob's wife Kathy may bring him to Barbec's for breakfast Thursday morning (Nov 21).

Email   IP Logged
rmillay
Five Star Member

rbent member; go
Clowns!

Reply #19 - Nov 20th, 2019, 9:22am

I had two outings yesterday--they did not go so well.  Looks like no Barbec's until after Kathy gets back from Cozumel.  Besides, food still tastes bad to me; I have to force feed myself.   Smiley

Catrike 700
RANS Formula LE , sold
Catrike Musashi
Catrike Speed
Catrike Speed, sold back

"It [Nissan Titan] wasn't named truck of the year because it wasn't the best!" Clay Cooley in his TV a
Email   IP Logged
Bud_Bent

Reply #20 - Nov 20th, 2019, 5:37pm

Dang, hope you're doing better soon.

Bud
* 2009 RANS F-5 Pro
* 2009 RANS XStream
* 2004 RANS Screamer
My Blog - uneasy-rider.com
WWW   IP Logged
rmillay
Five Star Member

rbent member; go
Clowns!

Reply #21 - Nov 29th, 2019, 3:11pm

Well, I had to take a little trip to the E.R. Sunday night, when I started coughing and then couldn't catch my breath.  The EMTs nebulized me and got me breathing again.  They were all courteous and sympathetic--a good bunch of guys.

The followup at my clinic on Wednesday resulted in them sending me back to Baylor to determine what is making my breathing so abnormal.  So far, all they're doing is sucking mor water out of my emaciated carcass.  At least my guts are working better.  Don't know if my appetite is any better, because I haven't seen much real food since I got here.

Catrike 700
RANS Formula LE , sold
Catrike Musashi
Catrike Speed
Catrike Speed, sold back

Email   IP Logged
MrWizard
Five Star Member

bonus mile sponge

Reply #22 - Nov 30th, 2019, 9:51pm

WHen I was in the hospital my friends would call or text and say "can I bring you anything? "   The answer was always  

Yes. Wataburger.  

Let us know if you need an emergency burger run or something .. hospital food is terrible!  

Quote from rmillay on Nov 29th, 2019, 3:11pm:
Well, I had to take a little trip to the E.R. Sunday night, when I started coughing and then couldn't catch my breath.  The EMTs nebulized me and got me breathing again.  They were all courteous and sympathetic--a good bunch of guys.

The followup at my clinic on Wednesday resulted in them sending me back to Baylor to determine what is making my breathing so abnormal.  So far, all they're doing is sucking mor water out of my emaciated carcass.  At least my guts are working better.  Don't know if my appetite is any better, because I haven't seen much real food since I got here.

Email   IP Logged
rmillay
Five Star Member

rbent member; go
Clowns!

Reply #23 - Dec 1st, 2019, 6:44pm

Thanks, Doug.  My wife, Kathy has been pretty good at smuggling food in.  I'm only just starting to taste more normally.  Stuff should start happening tomorrow.  We hope that gets me off TDC.

Catrike 700
RANS Formula LE , sold
Catrike Musashi
Catrike Speed
Catrike Speed, sold back

Email   IP Logged
rmillay
Five Star Member

rbent member; go
Clowns!

Reply #24 - Dec 5th, 2019, 9:00pm

Well, on Monday they finally got started on what I came to the hospital for.  (Tip: don't go to the hospital for a procedure over Thanksgiving.)  The doctor drained a liter of  fluid from the space around my left lung.  The next day he drained 1.2 liters from around my right lung.  This resulted in a lot freer breathing, and some decent sleep.  Yesterday I got a CT scan, and after a long and uncomfortable series of breathing tests, they discharged me.  I had to go back today for an X-ray, and for the surgery PA to gaze upon my scars.  With the help of Miralax and Megace, I'm eating more normally now.  I need protein in my blood to discourage the pleural effusion, not to mention to build my muscles up a bit.  Barring any more setbacks, I should be able to make the Christmas party at Barbec's next Thursday.

Catrike 700
RANS Formula LE , sold
Catrike Musashi
Catrike Speed
Catrike Speed, sold back

Email   IP Logged
jayg
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #25 - Dec 5th, 2019, 10:10pm

Looking forward to seeing you at Barbec's, Bob.

Email   IP Logged
rmillay
Five Star Member

rbent member; go
Clowns!

Reply #26 - Dec 13th, 2019, 8:02pm

It was pleasant to get out and hobnob with the gang yesterday.  It was a bit of an effort, but I was happy to see I could sustain it that long.  It was also nice to get hugs and stuff.  I saw the heart doc who opened me up that afternoon, and he thinks a lot of my current troubles stem from the bad heart valve.  My primary physician was encouraging today, took an x-ray and some blood.  If I can get better sleep, and increase my mobility, I will be happier.

Catrike 700
RANS Formula LE , sold
Catrike Musashi
Catrike Speed
Catrike Speed, sold back

Email   IP Logged
ICE_Man

rbent member

Reply #27 - Dec 14th, 2019, 7:16pm

Bob, enjoyed seeing you at Barbec's doing as well as can at this point. Glad your lovely wife has been the help you needed. Praying for your better sleep for sure. Craig

Email   IP Logged
rmillay
Five Star Member

rbent member; go
Clowns!

Reply #28 - Dec 18th, 2019, 11:16am

I'm getting out occasionally, though these cold mornings are discouraging.  I still gasp for breath getting up from a stationary position, but I am able to do for myself most of the time.  I actually got some good sleep in last night.  Don't know if it was a new prescription, but I sure hope for more good nights.  Best part was, I rolled over onto my right side and dozed a bit like that, without my chest hurting.  Feels like the breastbone may be knitting and getting stronger.  No doctor appointments until after Christmas.

Catrike 700
RANS Formula LE , sold
Catrike Musashi
Catrike Speed
Catrike Speed, sold back

Email   IP Logged
rmillay
Five Star Member

rbent member; go
Clowns!

Reply #29 - Dec 28th, 2019, 4:51pm

Christmas dinner went off well; good eats and good company.  Kathy modified her planning so everything was ready beforehand, and waiting in the warm oven.  She declared it her most stress-free feast in memory.  My rib cage is feeling stronger, and the sleep aid is really helping (not so good if I skip it, though).  I get out more now, and am looking for a day to join you guys at Barbec's.

Catrike 700
RANS Formula LE , sold
Catrike Musashi
Catrike Speed
Catrike Speed, sold back

Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print