Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Apr 29th, 2024, 12:15pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
What an Greenspeed SLR looks like with clothes (Read 4967 times)
jayg
Five Star Member

rbent member

Re: What an Greenspeed SLR looks like with clothes
Reply #15 - Mar 18th, 2019, 8:25pm

Quote from jrob_bent on Mar 18th, 2019, 7:57pm:
I couldn't wait any longer to see what it could do. It is fast. I am done with it though until I get the 406 wheels built. It is scary and kind of disheartening when it bottoms out on every small dip or uneven pavement. It is scary as hell when going 27-28 mph and it really bottoms out and almost throws you out of the fairing! It tore a big chunk of coroplast off the bottom and my head hit the canopy pretty hard. It is a fast little guy though.

When you put the 406 wheels on it put some Scorcher 120's on them. Will provide a better ride and the velo will be faster. Just put Scorchers on my Catrike Speed. Now, I really like the Speed.

Email   IP Logged
jrob_bent
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #16 - Mar 18th, 2019, 9:13pm

Quote from jayg on Mar 18th, 2019, 8:25pm:
Quote from jrob_bent on Mar 18th, 2019, 7:57pm:
I couldn't wait any longer to see what it could do. It is fast. I am done with it though until I get the 406 wheels built. It is scary and kind of disheartening when it bottoms out on every small dip or uneven pavement. It is scary as hell when going 27-28 mph and it really bottoms out and almost throws you out of the fairing! It tore a big chunk of coroplast off the bottom and my head hit the canopy pretty hard. It is a fast little guy though.

When you put the 406 wheels on it put some Scorcher 120's on them. Will provide a better ride and the velo will be faster. Just put Scorchers on my Catrike Speed. Now, I really like the Speed.

I'll give the Scorchers a try when I get the wheels built. I need the rims and spokes as I have an extra set of drum brakes. The next week or so is going to be very busy planting new flower beds and replacing some dead shrubs along with a pallet of zoyzia sod to lay. I might just take everything to Cadence Cyclery and let them build them for me. I usually build my own but they do great work at a reasonable price.

I get about 15 miles per honey bun!
Email   IP Logged
jrob_bent
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #17 - Mar 19th, 2019, 6:00pm

New wheels will be here in a week or so. It will be a very fast little rocket with more ground clearance and a couple more small tweaks. Jay we need to put a fairing on your Aero!

Email   IP Logged
jayg
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #18 - Mar 19th, 2019, 9:52pm

Quote from jrob_bent on Mar 19th, 2019, 6:00pm:
. Jay we need to put a fairing on your Aero!

Tempting. Now, if I only had the garage space.

Email   IP Logged
jrob_bent
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #19 - Mar 20th, 2019, 8:26am

I had to use the living room and patio Jay. A fairing not only is faster but it keeps you warm and dry in winter weather. In the summer you can control how much sun you are getting.

Email   IP Logged
jrob_bent
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #20 - Apr 16th, 2019, 9:44pm

I made up 3-406 wheels for the SLR. They will not work unless you do major rework to the trike. The front tires will eat your hands up trying to use the brakes and steering along with trying to shift with a tire rubbing your knuckles! The rear wheel you either have to make dropout extenders or cut and re=weld the trike. Took the fairing off and putting the 349's back on tomorrow.  

Ordering 28 x 406 and 28 x 559 Schwalbe Pro Ones and Latex tubes for the WAW. These will be for racing and trying to go fast only. Keeping the Big Apple on the rear and 44 x 406 Marathon Supremes on the front for everyday riding.

Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print