Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
May 12th, 2024, 1:26pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
2 wheels bad, 3 wheels good? (Read 19171 times)
Action Lad
Five Star Member

rbent member

Re: 2 wheels bad, 3 wheels good?
Reply #60 - Aug 20th, 2016, 1:01am

Quote from jrob_bent on Aug 16th, 2016, 7:54pm:
I don't need no stinkin bike path. Ha

That's the spirit, jrob.  We belong out there.  
So sorry for the accident.  The officer knew enough to describe what happened, but does he know enough to nab the guy?
Much success on your quest for your next set of wheels.   Smiley

"You can't see paradise if you don't pedal!"
T.J. Fowler -- Chicken Run
  IP Logged
jrob_bent
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #61 - Aug 20th, 2016, 7:31pm

Quote from Action Lad on Aug 20th, 2016, 1:01am:
Quote from jrob_bent on Aug 16th, 2016, 7:54pm:
I don't need no stinkin bike path. Ha

That's the spirit, jrob.  We belong out there.  
So sorry for the accident.  The officer knew enough to describe what happened, but does he know enough to nab the guy?
Much success on your quest for your next set of wheels.   Smiley

Thanks Action Lad. I am back in Texas and I finally have decent internet.  

The guy was local and lots of relatives there, I am just a darn yankee! Lol.  

I am starting to heal slowly, and of course I have been dreaming up a new, faster shell for the Moose. A buddy of mine from around Chicago, averaged over 24 mph and went 278 mies at Calvin's Challenge in 2009 with a coroplast shell. Actual riding average was 27+ mph, but with food and bath room stops, it brought it down to 24. So, I am thinking I will keep the Moose and go faster. LOL.

I get about 15 miles per honey bun!
Email   IP Logged
jrob_bent
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #62 - Aug 20th, 2016, 7:33pm

P.S.  

Sorry I hi-jacked your thread Paul.

Email   IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Reply #63 - Aug 26th, 2016, 12:51pm

No hijack, really -- crashing and road rash are definitely on topic!!!

"A hundred miles on a bike? How many
days does that take you?"

Email FlyingLaZBoy   IP Logged
jrob_bent
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #64 - Aug 27th, 2016, 7:45am

I decided that I am going to stick with the Moose low racer and turn it into a coroliner like my buddy, Tony, from Lemont, IL, who races and tours on his home made coroliner. Tony averages around 32 mph at the races, and he tours in the 20's, going 120 to 200 miles a day. Here is a video of Tony and Dennis Grelk at the finish of a 100 lap race. Tony is in the yellow one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NjRy1E38F0

Tony and I are going to meet up and ride the Natchez Trace a couple of days after Christmas. He will be riding from Lemont, IL. I will start from my mother's house in Louisiana. We will meet somewhere near Franklin, TN, and then ride south together to Natchez, MS. Anyone that would be interested in this tour is more than welcome to come along.

Email   IP Logged
Action Lad
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #65 - Aug 27th, 2016, 4:05pm

Quote from jrob_bent on Aug 27th, 2016, 7:45am:
I decided that I am going to stick with the Moose low racer and turn it into a coroliner like my buddy, Tony, from Lemont, IL, who races and tours on his home made coroliner. Tony averages around 32 mph at the races, and he tours in the 20's, going 120 to 200 miles a day. Here is a video of Tony and Dennis Grelk at the finish of a 100 lap race. Tony is in the yellow one.

Tony and I are going to meet up and ride the Natchez Trace a couple of days after Christmas. He will be riding from Lemont, IL. I will start from my mother's house in Louisiana. We will meet somewhere near Franklin, TN, and then ride south together to Natchez, MS. Anyone that would be interested in this tour is more than welcome to come along.
Funny, it's called the Kenosha Cheddar Challenge and the streamliner looks like a slice of cheese.  : )  Your friend can really ride that thing.  What's the bike underneath?

"You can't see paradise if you don't pedal!"
T.J. Fowler -- Chicken Run
  IP Logged
jrob_bent
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #66 - Aug 27th, 2016, 7:56pm

Quote from Action Lad on Aug 27th, 2016, 4:05pm:
Quote from jrob_bent on Aug 27th, 2016, 7:45am:

Funny, it's called the Kenosha Cheddar Challenge and the streamliner looks like a slice of cheese.  : )  Your friend can really ride that thing.  What's the bike underneath?

The bike is a one of kind built by Tony himself. He calls it the Carp. It is a lwb. You can go to this site and read about people building racing and regular recumbents. http://www.recumbents.com/forums/default.asp. They also build velo's. It is the best site for racing and building recumbents.

The average speed during the velodrome racing in streamliners, is around 35 mph.

« Last Edit: Aug 27th, 2016, 7:58pm by jrob_bent »  

Email   IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Reply #67 - Sep 27th, 2016, 1:35pm

Tested out a Cat Expedition at RBM last night, since I was in the neighborhood...  Still decent recline, with good turning radius...  might be somewhat more versatile than a 700 and its like.

"A hundred miles on a bike? How many
days does that take you?"

Email FlyingLaZBoy   IP Logged
Patti
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #68 - Sep 27th, 2016, 9:32pm

Definitely the more versatile of the two, in my opinion.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print