Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
May 14th, 2024, 8:53pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Tour Dallas (Read 2527 times)
Opus the Poet
Five Star Member

rbent member

Re: Tour Dallas
Reply #15 - Apr 4th, 2008, 5:39pm

As I understand it there are 2 alternatives for the DART light rail, one of which I don't know is going to work. If Tour Dallas made arraingements with DART then there will be special trains that will stop at the AA Center (Victory Station) and will have DART headsigns instead of the regular Red and Blue line destination signs. Otherwise then take either the Red or Blue line from near where you live and get off at the West End Station. Ride north on Lamar, hang a right at Hooters and just go right up to the parking lot and work your way around to the start area. This will also familiarize you with the finish of the ride.

Opus

I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Email WWW   IP Logged
jman
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #16 - Apr 5th, 2008, 2:05pm

Quote from FlyingLaZBoy on Apr 4th, 2008, 2:40pm:
Y'all be sure to show 'em that Recumbent Grin... Smiley

Hey gang, it was a fun ride, glad to see some or y'all there. The weather was perfect for the ride and there was a very large turnout. Look forward to riding more in Dallas now that I have "discovered" the rail/bus system  Grin , heck it's a lot easier and cheeper than dirving (long as the weather is nice).

My car is a Recumbent
Bent in Ft.Worth
Email   IP Logged
richardr

rbent member

Reply #17 - Apr 7th, 2008, 12:21pm

It was a great ride in perfect weather.  We rode with irodguy, who was on his cattrike.  We received a lot of comments on our bent trikes.  All were very positive.

Jman, sorry we missed you.  I don't check the postings every day, so I didn't know you were riding.

Richard

Work to eat, eat to live, live to bike, bike to work.
  IP Logged
jman
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #18 - Apr 9th, 2008, 9:29am

Quote from richardr on Apr 7th, 2008, 12:21pm:
It was a great ride in perfect weather. We rode with irodguy, who was on his cattrike. We received a lot of comments on our bent trikes. All were very positive.

Jman, sorry we missed you. I don't check the postings every day, so I didn't know you were riding.

Richard

Richard, I was in disguise  Wink riding my green Dawes Lightning DF, Jonathan on his cool DeSantis and I bumped into each other during the 30 min "cone" delay and rode together on the 20 mile "walk-ride". I say walk because that is what we did till we got close to the bridge over the Trinity.

My car is a Recumbent
Bent in Ft.Worth
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print