Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
May 15th, 2024, 4:45pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Lancaster Ride Brochure/Entryform (Read 2822 times)
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Lancaster Ride Brochure/Entryform
Mar 7th, 2008, 7:15pm

Here's the brochure and entry form, in four photo files.

"A hundred miles on a bike? How many
days does that take you?"

Email FlyingLaZBoy   IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Re: Lancaster Ride Brochure/Entryform
Reply #1 - Mar 7th, 2008, 7:17pm

Oh, and one thing has always cracked me up about the GDB club...  THIS is their rider logo

Doesn't that look COMFY??   Cheesy   On the other hand, RBENTer Lynn Morrow designed it...  (!)

« Last Edit: Mar 7th, 2008, 7:18pm by FlyingLaZBoy »  

aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Reply #2 - Mar 7th, 2008, 7:24pm

Can't wait.  I didn't go last year with the weather and I'm looking forward to it.  I hope to be healed enough to do the big ride.

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Reply #3 - Mar 24th, 2008, 2:23pm

Last chance for discounted entry fee -- $20 if postmarked by Wednesday, $25 thereafter.   I'll be working Rest Stop #4, in Palmer....

Make plans to enjoy a fabulous day of Texas springtime cycling in the luscious and calm countryside south of Dallas! For the 10th consecutive year, the Greater Dallas Bicyclists, together with the City of Lancaster, is staging the Lancaster Country Ride on Saturday, April 12, 2008 at 9 am. Lancaster is a mere 15 minutes from downtown Dallas.

Join us as we cycle through the scenic countryside of Lancaster and surrounding areas. The routes traverse a variety of terrain, from flats to rolling hills, with a few challenging climbs. Rest stops every 10 or 12 miles with water, sports drink and fruit. The wildflowers are in full bloom in April and our routes feature picturesque meadows with dense concentrations of Bluebonnets, Indian Paintbrush, and other colorful spring flowers.

Lancaster GDB socks for the first 1,000 registered riders!  

Start/Finish: On-site registration and breakfast begins at 7 am. Ride starts at 9 am from the gazebo in the historic Lancaster town square off Main Street and Dallas Avenue. After the ride, stick around with other cyclists to enjoy the festivities on the square.

Mileage options: 23, 42 and 63 miles staggered start for safety. We have scouted and ridden the routes to ensure smooth roads and scenic countryside for all bicyclists to enjoy. The 42 and 63 mile options take you directly through the Bluebonnet Trial on beautiful and hilly Sugar Ridge Road. GDB requires helmets to be worn during the ride.

Price: $20 for pre-registration (postmarked by March 26th or through active.com by March 31st), and $25 thereafter  

Registration: Pick up a rally flyer at most area bicycle shops, or register on-line at active.com

evblazer
Five Star Member

Restricted from
Riding Long Distance
or Hills

Reply #4 - Mar 24th, 2008, 4:42pm

I just submitted payment so maybe that will push me to go if fate and other things don't get in the way. Hopefully I can figure out how to get my visor on my helmet by then.

« Last Edit: Mar 24th, 2008, 4:42pm by evblazer »  

Mark Hastings
Hurricane & Oregon - Need to lose weight to ride, I hate my new meds Sad
Merlin Road - Short distance speed bike
Fuji Touring Xtracycle Shopping Hauler Bike
  IP Logged
FooRider

baccheater   '06
Corsa

Reply #5 - Mar 25th, 2008, 12:21pm

Quote from FlyingLaZBoy on Mar 7th, 2008, 7:17pm:

Doesn't that look COMFY??   Cheesy   On the other hand, RBENTer Lynn Morrow designed it...  (!)

Not to disparage Lynn's efforts, but every time I see that my brain interprets the rider's arm as a left leg and the leg as the right leg. To me, it appears as a rider dislodged from the saddle with both legs flopping on the left side of the top tube. A crash in progress.

Rorschach would be so proud.

« Last Edit: Mar 25th, 2008, 12:24pm by FooRider »  

Lie Back. Ride hard. Grin like a monkey.
WWW   IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Reply #6 - Mar 25th, 2008, 2:44pm

Quote from FooRider on Mar 25th, 2008, 12:21pm:
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g73/flyinglazboy/comfy.jpg

... but every time I see that my brain interprets the rider's arm as a left leg and the leg as the right leg. To me, it appears as a rider dislodged from the saddle with both legs flopping on the left side of the top tube. A crash in progress.

Rorschach would be so proud.

By God, you're RIGHT!!!!!  BWAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

jman
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #7 - Mar 25th, 2008, 4:21pm

Ok, ok I went to Active.com and put down my bucks. I hope I get my new socks  Grin
Dianna and I are riding down together and doing the 42 miler. So if their are any other 12mph avg riders who want to ride with Dianna and I we'll be there hanging around the Gazebo  Smiley
I plan to take my ham 2mtr radio with me also and work a bit with the com crew that is from several local Ham Radio clubs.
73 de KM5CW dit dit  Cheesy

My car is a Recumbent
Bent in Ft.Worth
Email   IP Logged
diannalightning
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #8 - Mar 25th, 2008, 5:43pm

Actually looks like Carolyn and Eddie will be able to make it as well, so we will have several of us with a slower pace.  Everyone come out that wants to a comfy, adventure and ride with us.  I'm trying to get a couple that ride an EZ tandem to come as well.  Angie, Alexis, Terri--everyone join in.  Wish Rose could, but know that she usually works on Saturdays.  See everyone there.

Dianna

IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Reply #9 - Mar 25th, 2008, 9:27pm

Excellent, it'll be good to see the gang along the way, in Palmer...

One comment on the course -- there's a short tough hill about 5 miles in, then from miles 15-19 there are a bunch of rollers -- but that's pretty much it as far as challenging climbing.  The rest of it is just wind-related, either southbound or northbound.  Hope for a south wind this year!!!

The GDB crew is riding the course this coming Saturday, to doublecheck conditions -- I'll be doing the 60 mile version, so I'll post an update.

aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Reply #10 - Mar 25th, 2008, 11:12pm

Alexis and I are both going, so there's one more for the slow group as well!

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Reply #11 - Mar 29th, 2008, 6:40pm

Both the 60 and 40 mile routes are very nice, and in good shape.  We had several dog encounters today, but our "road painters" plan to stop by the offenders' houses to remind them to keep the dogs in that day.

As stated before, there's one tough hill at mile 5, then a series of rollers on Sugar Ridge Road from mile 16-20 -- beyond that, nothing really serious.  The route is a little different than in previous years, but I consider it improved.  They've created a reasonably nice, complete shoulder on 660 out of Ferris, that goes for several miles.  Most of the route is non-chipseal, in general.

A few miles past Palmer, you will pass an exotic animal farm, that appears to have camels, llamas, and other interesting creatures...

If the wind isn't stupid like it was the last couple years, this is a GREAT scenic ride...  and there are several very nice downhills along the way.

Enjoy,
Paul

jman
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #12 - Mar 29th, 2008, 8:25pm

Sounds like (weather permitting) it will be a good ride. I hope the wind is a bit more forgiving this year for sure,.

My car is a Recumbent
Bent in Ft.Worth
Email   IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Reply #13 - Apr 7th, 2008, 9:29am

Weather forecast is looking EXCELLENT at the moment, comparatively speaking... sunny and a high of 71....

FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Reply #14 - Apr 7th, 2008, 9:31am

Packet Pick-Up: To ease on-site registration, we’ll have pre-registration packet pickup at different locations. Ride participants must sign their own liability release waiver.  

Tuesday April 8th from 4pm–7pm at the Dallas REI (LBJ Freeway at Welch)

Wednesday April 9th from 4pm–7pm at the Performance Bicycle (North Central Expressway at Walnut Hill)

Thursday April 10th from 4pm-7pm at Plano Cycling & Fitness (North Central Expressway at 18th Street)

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print