Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
May 5th, 2024, 2:16pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Handlebar tape for Bacchetta tweener handlebar? (Read 409 times)
slo-rider

rbent member

Handlebar tape for Bacchetta tweener handlebar?
Dec 3rd, 2021, 8:54am

I just purchase a Bachetta Carbon Basso for my wife off ebay.  During shipping the tweener handlebar developed an inward bend, so the handlebars are even narrower.  I will probably unwrap the handlebar to attempt some bending to restore the intended shape.  Then rewrap the handlebars with tape.  With the incline on a Bacchetta, there is really no way to rest your hands anywhere else beside the grip shifter.  Is there any reason to rewrap the handlebar with tape?  Is handlebar tape a vestigal holdover on Bacchetta tweener handlebars?  Do I need to rewrap just so it looks like a DF bike?  I guess some of the tape neatly holds on to the brake/shift cables, but that's only 1/3 of the taping area.

Slo-rider
Bacchetta Aero 3.0
HP Velotechnik Street Machine
Sold:
Rans F5
HP Velotechnik Grasshopper
  IP Logged
jayg
Five Star Member

rbent member

Re: Handlebar tape for Bacchetta tweener handlebar
Reply #1 - Dec 3rd, 2021, 9:50am

Quote from slo-rider on Dec 3rd, 2021, 8:54am:
I just purchase a Bachetta Carbon Basso for my wife off ebay.  During shipping the tweener handlebar developed an inward bend, so the handlebars are even narrower.  I will probably unwrap the handlebar to attempt some bending to restore the intended shape.  Then rewrap the handlebars with tape.  With the incline on a Bacchetta, there is really no way to rest your hands anywhere else beside the grip shifter.  Is there any reason to rewrap the handlebar with tape?  Is handlebar tape a vestigal holdover on Bacchetta tweener handlebars?  Do I need to rewrap just so it looks like a DF bike?  I guess some of the tape neatly holds on to the brake/shift cables, but that's only 1/3 of the taping area.

The purpose of wrapping is mainly for cable control and appearance. Wrapping does provide very slight cushioning, should the rider bark his/her shins on the bar from missed clip-ins.

Email   IP Logged
slo-rider

rbent member

Re: Handlebar tape for Bacchetta tweener handlebar
Reply #2 - Dec 3rd, 2021, 3:02pm

Good point, handlebar tape on the Bacchetta tweener bars is probably a better idea than wearing shin guards.  I will probably just wrap tape around the section right close to the stem and skip the handlebar section right in front of the grips.

Slo-rider
Bacchetta Aero 3.0
HP Velotechnik Street Machine
Sold:
Rans F5
HP Velotechnik Grasshopper
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print