Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
May 5th, 2024, 11:47am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Installed the TSDZ2 and it doesn't fit! (Read 904 times)
jrob_bent
Five Star Member

rbent member

Installed the TSDZ2 and it doesn't fit!
Mar 7th, 2021, 5:19pm

Jay was right about the Q-factor. I got everything installed and got in the WAW to test it out and my right foot got stuck and smashed against the wheel well! It is about 3/4" too wide. I'll either put it on the Baron or get another trike to put it on. I really don't need it in the WAW just wanted the new toy.

I get about 15 miles per honey bun!
Email   IP Logged
jrob_bent
Five Star Member

rbent member

Re: Installed the TSDZ2 and it doesn't fit!
Reply #1 - Mar 9th, 2021, 9:12pm

I am going to install on my Baron low racer for now. I forgot I still have the lwb Rans Velocity Squared. If I use the Rans I'll have to put some new brakes and a few other things I robbed off it. Thinking about buying another Performer trike and build a coroplast fairing around it along with the TSDZ2.

Email   IP Logged
jrob_bent
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #2 - Aug 7th, 2021, 1:48pm

Just found out from someone from brol that they make a special bracket to make the TZSD2 work in the WAW. I was talking to the person from brol about buying his 2018 WAW when he told me he bought the bracket from Doug at Bicycle-Evolution. Hopefully I will know more about what bracket and if Bicycle-Evolution has it in stock.  

I am in no hurry as I had my 3rd heart attack a few days ago. It was very painful, unlike the two massive widow makers in 2020, but they said it was a mild one. Felt like getting kicked in the chest by a group of horses and then someone putting it in a vise and cranking down on it. At least I don't need another stent or bypass! Yet!

Email   IP Logged
jayg
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #3 - Aug 7th, 2021, 6:41pm

Man you've been through some rough times, Jerry. Glad you're still hanging in there.

What TSDZ2 system are thinking about installing in the WAW? 750 watts w/52 volt battery (s)?

Email   IP Logged
jrob_bent
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #4 - Nov 15th, 2021, 6:13pm

Dang Jay, I guess I just saw this! Sorry about the late reply. Yeah the one with the 52v 15ah with 21700 cells. I ended up putting it on the trike I built for my grandson. He is 9 1/2 and likes to race me. He could get up to 19.6 mph for about a block without the motor. He can hit 26-27 mph with the motor and pedaling! I have a hill at the end of my street and he passed me like I was sitting still yesterday me being in my WAW. On the flats though I can still beat him. Now he wants me to build a fairing for the trike and the NoCom! LOL. He says he will be big enough to ride the NoCom in 5-6 years. He wants to race at Battle Mountain!

Email   IP Logged
jayg
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #5 - Nov 15th, 2021, 8:53pm

Quote from jrob_bent on Nov 15th, 2021, 6:13pm:
Dang Jay, I guess I just saw this! Sorry about the late reply. Yeah the one with the 52v 15ah with 21700 cells. I ended up putting it on the trike I built for my grandson. He is 9 1/2 and likes to race me. He could get up to 19.6 mph for about a block without the motor. He can hit 26-27 mph with the motor and pedaling! I have a hill at the end of my street and he passed me like I was sitting still yesterday me being in my WAW. On the flats though I can still beat him. Now he wants me to build a fairing for the trike and the NoCom! LOL. He says he will be big enough to ride the NoCom in 5-6 years. He wants to race at Battle Mountain!

Kids at WRL react positively to my trike, but I've never seen one of them on a tadpole trike. Your grandson is lucky to have you as a grandfather.

Email   IP Logged
jrob_bent
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #6 - Nov 16th, 2021, 2:15pm

I will start on the fairing for his trike and the NoCom this weekend. I built another boom with a BB for the trike so I can ride it. After I get the fairing done and weld a trailer hitch to it I'll use it to pull my travel trailer. Then when the grandson needs to ride it just change booms. Who knows, maybe one of my grandkids can break the human speed record one day!

Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print