Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
May 3rd, 2024, 8:41am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Who all is doing HHH this year? (Read 8429 times)
jrob_bent
Five Star Member

rbent member

Re: Who all is doing HHH this year?
Reply #45 - Aug 23rd, 2018, 12:35pm

OK, I will show up Saturday morning. I might just pick up my packet and ride 15-20 miles. Today was the first time in over a week that I rode and my legs were shaking from being sick. If there is a tail wind, I might go 50 miles. I guess I'll see when I get there.

I get about 15 miles per honey bun!
Email   IP Logged
Bud_Bent

Reply #46 - Aug 23rd, 2018, 2:37pm

102 degrees with a pretty stiff south wind Saturday. It should be fun.

Bud
* 2009 RANS F-5 Pro
* 2009 RANS XStream
* 2004 RANS Screamer
My Blog - uneasy-rider.com
WWW   IP Logged
johnnybent
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #47 - Aug 23rd, 2018, 3:41pm

I have not ridden much either but ya don't have to bust yer butt out there. Easy 15 avg. and use the rest stops. I plan on the 65 for the base.

Email   IP Logged
jrob_bent
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #48 - Aug 24th, 2018, 3:03pm

I have the corovelo in the back of my Grand Caravan, my water jugs on the counter top, my waiver in my bag, all my snacks and food gathered, tools and extra tubes, the battery for the fan charging, and two sets of clothes. I'll be heading to Wichita Falls around 3:30 in the morning. Almost forgot my umbrella! See everyone in the morning.

Email   IP Logged
jrob_bent
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #49 - Aug 25th, 2018, 12:37pm

Nice to finally meet up with Bud. Also met Gary, Bill, and Paul and Reever were there. I met so many people I can't remember all the names.
I was trying to do the 50 mile route, but took the 25 turn off. Got to the interstate and sign was missing. Went a little over 2 miles turn around and ran into an upright rider. He thought the route was straight ahead. I rode about a 1/2 mile with him and turned around. Just as I was coming up to the right turn, they were putting the sign back up. I ended up with 30 miles. I was very weak and shaky!  

I was interviewed by the local TV station, radio station, and newspaper. They all called my corovelo the Road Runner bike! Ha ha. After crossing the finish line a reporter for a Dallas/Ft Worth TV station took a picture and asked for my name.  

It was a fun first HHH, except for not feeling 100%. I'll be back next year. It was fun and a well run event. I was talking so much and answering questions I forgot to take any pictures and turn my GoPro on! Maybe Paul got some decent pictures. I'll make it up the night before next year. Getting up at 2 am and getting ready isn't fun at all.  

See everyone there next year!

Now I know why my mouth was hurting and my stomach was upset yesterday. I have a big ole abscessed tooth! Finally had to take a pain pill. Reason, popcorn!

« Last Edit: Aug 26th, 2018, 7:47am by jrob_bent »  

Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print