Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
May 1st, 2024, 6:34pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
looking at a Yahoo (Read 1404 times)
Cheve11e

rbent member

looking at a Yahoo
Jun 7th, 2018, 8:08pm

All I really need or use is Time, speed, distance AND CADENCE - but kind of need a large and easy to see screen EASY, EASY, EASY to use - any device that I'm overlooking ??

Email   IP Logged
bob wand
Ex Member

Re:  looking at a Yahoo
Reply #1 - Jun 7th, 2018, 8:35pm

Take a look at the cateye Padrone Digital

IP Logged
jayg
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #2 - Jun 7th, 2018, 9:17pm

Quote from Cheve11e on Jun 7th, 2018, 8:08pm:
All I really need or use is Time, speed, distance AND CADENCE - but kind of need a large and easy to see screen EASY, EASY, EASY to use - any device that I'm overlooking ??

I use this computer on my trike: https://www.amazon.com/CatEye-Padrone-Cycle-Computer-Black/dp/B00TINWLDY/ref=sr_ 1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1528421382&sr=8-2&keywords=cateye+padrone+plus

My Padrone computer is located on a mount attached to the front derailleur post. Large display, but no cadence feature. There is a Padrone model that has a cadence feature, but the speed/cadence sensors are combined in a single unit that is suitable for use on only road bikes.

Email   IP Logged
Phantom Rider
Five Star Member

Reply #3 - Jun 8th, 2018, 11:44am

How about using a watch, Easy to read since it’s on your wrist and provides all the functionality you asked for.  I wear this https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/538374 and have been very pleased with it.  The watch pairs nicely with my garmin cadence sensor.  It has never failed me and serves multiple purposes.  Garmin also has an app(who doesn’t) for your phone and the watch can send updates to your phone on all your events where you can excel them from a web browser of on your phone.

2017 Cruzbike V20
2019 ICE VTX Black
SOLD - 2011 GT Karakorem 1.0 - 2012 Lightning Phantom II - 2004 Lightning P38 2013 Rans Rifle 2014 Catrike 700 - 2014 Bacchetta CA2
Email   IP Logged
Cheve11e

rbent member

Reply #4 - Jun 9th, 2018, 3:41pm

THANKS all - more stuff to research - the watch would be a GREAT idea if I could stand something on my wrist

Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print