Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
May 2nd, 2024, 3:11am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Catrike hand position (Read 1136 times)
Dennis

rbent member

Catrike hand position
Jun 30th, 2018, 1:52pm

I realized I never used the rests that sit below the steering grips on my catrike.   When I tried resting my wrist there I noticed  I felt like I was pushing partially from my shoulder blades that I hadn't felt before.   Presumably despite that my shoulder blades touch the seat when I'm holding the steering arms up near the shifters,  maybe that position is hunching me forward slightly.  

I'd only ever though to try using those rest because I've had some soreness in my right arm that I thought might be related to vibration transmitted through the steering grip on the catrike.   There's enough vibration there on my usual weekend rides to often require stops to reattach mirrors.  And it seems to be worse on the right side, likely due to both the crest of the road and sitting slightly off center.

I guess I should try readjusting the main grips back a bit.

IP Logged
bob wand
Ex Member

Re: Catrike hand position
Reply #1 - Jul 2nd, 2018, 10:00pm

Quote from Dennis on Jun 30th, 2018, 1:52pm:
I realized I never used the rests that sit below the steering grips on my catrike.   When I tried resting my wrist there I noticed  I felt like I was pushing partially from my shoulder blades that I hadn't felt before.   Presumably despite that my shoulder blades touch the seat when I'm holding the steering arms up near the shifters,  maybe that position is hunching me forward slightly.  

I'd only ever though to try using those rest because I've had some soreness in my right arm that I thought might be related to vibration transmitted through the steering grip on the catrike.   There's enough vibration there on my usual weekend rides to often require stops to reattach mirrors.  And it seems to be worse on the right side, likely due to both the crest of the road and sitting slightly off center.

I guess I should try readjusting the main grips back a bit.

It's been my experience with both a catrike road and a 700 my shoulder hurt when the handle grips were too close. Try moving them forward until there is only a slight bend in your arms.  

What I like about recumbents especially trike, they are one big experiment.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print