Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Apr 29th, 2024, 12:01pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Rawhide's Excellent Florida Adventure (Read 1274 times)
Bud_Bent

Rawhide's Excellent Florida Adventure
Jun 1st, 2018, 4:38pm

I'll let DJ post the details.

« Last Edit: Jun 1st, 2018, 4:44pm by Bud_Bent »  

Bud
* 2009 RANS F-5 Pro
* 2009 RANS XStream
* 2004 RANS Screamer
My Blog - uneasy-rider.com
WWW   IP Logged
Rawhide

rbent member

Re: Rawhide's Excellent Florida Adventure
Reply #1 - Jun 4th, 2018, 3:52pm

In April I was thinking of getting an Encore when, out of the blue, my Bro-in-law called and says he's thinking of going to a short wheelbase format.  He's been on a Gold Rush for 12 years or so and is tired of hauling that thing around in a trailer.  I suggested he look at the Encore, which he did, so we hatched a plan to get us each one.  At the same time we signed up to do the Tour of Minnesota June 16th, and wanted the bikes by then.  So next we find out the Schlitters frame supplier in Hungary had a fire, so we may have to have a contingency plan for bikes.  Then we find out Bacchetta is having issues getting frames too.  Time is passing by way too fast and it's looking like we might not have new bikes.  Then there is the Pelso frame that pops into the equation.  Ultimately we went with the Carbon Corsa because they got their hands on the first shipment from Bacchetta.  Of course, we had the "Schlitter Touch" by adding the J-bars and various other do-dads.  We made a quick run down there arriving the evening of Memorial day.  I felt it important for Jay, my BOL, to be fitted by the highly esteemed Schlitters because I knew when we left, the bikes would be perfect.  We got to their place right as it was getting dark.  Text communication let us know the bikes were both on trainers.  Weboth hopped on and adjustments were being made.  Tuesday morning, we rolled out the back onto the Suncoast Trail for a final check.  John and Jacquie caught up to us later as we were heading back to their shop.  John took video and photos of both of us to review and verify how the bike fit and our pedaling mechanics.  A couple of minor adjustments and we were on our way back to Texas.

No doubt, this was the right thing to do, going there to get the bikes.  Their attention to detail is unparalleled.  Hanging around the shop, we learned what is happening with frame procurement for the Encore and Pelso.  Also saw some other frames he is beta testing.  These folks have a lot going on and it's not my place to reveal some of the things we learned, other than to say, as you all know, when the Schlitters speak, the recumbent world listens.  It is well worth the time to go there.

D J Boyd
Bacchetta Carbon Corsa
Bacchetta Corsa
Rans Rocket GL63
Vision R40
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print