Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
May 3rd, 2024, 1:24am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Easy Street Opening Ride (Read 6500 times)
diannalightning
Five Star Member

rbent member

Easy Street Opening Ride
May 2nd, 2018, 10:24am

Hi all.  Well, the Easy Street shop in Keller should be open this month (May).  Rebecca and Micah will keep me apprised of the opening date so that we can plan a  trail ride from Grapevine up to Keller.  Stay tuned for dates, places and times. Smiley

IP Logged
Cheve11e

rbent member

Re: Easy Street Opening Ride
Reply #1 - May 28th, 2018, 5:12pm

Keep bus posted - went by there yesterday, looking better, but not ready yet! June ??? Those pocky contractors

Email   IP Logged
Phantom Rider
Five Star Member

Reply #2 - May 29th, 2018, 6:47am

Quote from Cheve11e on May 28th, 2018, 5:12pm:
Keep bus posted - went by there yesterday, looking better, but not ready yet! June ??? Those pocky contractors

I rode by there yesterday as well, the trail work has started but there is much to be done in the shop before it becomes a shop.

2017 Cruzbike V20
2019 ICE VTX Black
SOLD - 2011 GT Karakorem 1.0 - 2012 Lightning Phantom II - 2004 Lightning P38 2013 Rans Rifle 2014 Catrike 700 - 2014 Bacchetta CA2
Email   IP Logged
jrob_bent
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #3 - May 29th, 2018, 8:13am

Looks more like the middle to late June for opening. I can wait, only 2.5 miles from me.

I get about 15 miles per honey bun!
Email   IP Logged
jrob_bent
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #4 - May 29th, 2018, 3:58pm

After going to the gym, I decided to ride the Musashi another 15 or so miles. I went past the John Barfield trail and turned west onto it. All of a sudden I was at the new Easy Street building. Mike and I think Rebecca were there and opened the door and invited me in. Mike is disappointed, but in good spirits. As I was leaving he took a picture of me and my bike. Can hardly wait for the Grand Opening. Great people. Micah was off running errands.

Email   IP Logged
diannalightning
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #5 - May 29th, 2018, 4:46pm

Nothing new on the opening date from Rebecca but will definitely keep this thread updated.  Thanks to everyone for going by and checking on the new shop.  I'm sure Mike appreciates it.  I'm hoping for the end of June for sure-----fingers crossed. Smiley

« Last Edit: May 29th, 2018, 4:47pm by diannalightning »  
  IP Logged
Mizta_Nice

rbent member

Reply #6 - May 30th, 2018, 5:05pm

Looking forward to seeing the new space, and also not having to drive to Austin to go to the best shop ever. If I am not working, I am looking forward to being there for the first ride from the shop.

"Slow and steady wins the race" is what all us slow and steady people say when we don't win the race.
WWW   IP Logged
Phantom Rider
Five Star Member

Reply #7 - Jun 3rd, 2018, 9:42am

Only one bike at Easy Street and it was mine  Grin. Ran into Micah, he is saying end of June  

« Last Edit: Jun 3rd, 2018, 9:45am by Phantom Rider »  

2017 Cruzbike V20
2019 ICE VTX Black
SOLD - 2011 GT Karakorem 1.0 - 2012 Lightning Phantom II - 2004 Lightning P38 2013 Rans Rifle 2014 Catrike 700 - 2014 Bacchetta CA2
Email   IP Logged
jrob_bent
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #8 - Jun 5th, 2018, 11:11am

Rode by Easy Street again this morning. Rebecca thanked me for keeping an eye out. Apparently the front door had been left unlocked over the week-end! Her and Mike were busy putting together trike storage racks. The storage unit is one block from my house. Rebecca asked if I was going to ride the Mayor's ride tonight. Wasn't going to, but now maybe I will.

The city dumped another load of dirt on the trail extention from Kroger.

Email   IP Logged
Phantom Rider
Five Star Member

Reply #9 - Jun 10th, 2018, 10:41am

Must be official, they now have a sign on the building..AND ITS GREEN Smiley

2017 Cruzbike V20
2019 ICE VTX Black
Email   IP Logged
Vision_R40

rbent member

Reply #10 - Jun 15th, 2018, 5:03pm

I'm new to the forum and new to riding a recumbent.  
I love it i wish i would have done it sooner.
anyway i would like to know if there is any rides going on around the Pflugerville Texas area?
any help would be great thanks.

Email   IP Logged
jrob_bent
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #11 - Jun 19th, 2018, 9:04am

Quote from Vision_R40 on Jun 15th, 2018, 5:03pm:
I'm new to the forum and new to riding a recumbent.
I love it i wish i would have done it sooner.
anyway i would like to know if there is any rides going on around the Pflugerville Texas area?
any help would be great thanks.

Welcome to the recumbent world. I don't live in your area but I googled bike shops and it appears Blur Cycle Works have rides, http://blurcycleworks.com/rides-and-events/shop-rides/ . If you are looking for recumbent specific, check out Easy Street Recumbents in Austin, http://www.wemakecyclingeasy.com . Hope this helps.

Email   IP Logged
Vision_R40

rbent member

Reply #12 - Jun 19th, 2018, 11:21am

cool thanks.

Email   IP Logged
diannalightning
Five Star Member

rbent member

Re: Easy Street Ride
Reply #13 - Jan 3rd, 2019, 5:51pm

Ok, this is not the "Opening Ride" but a few us of are going to ride from Grapevine to Keller this Saturday, Jan 5th.  We'll park at the Train Museum Public Parking lot 306 W. Dallas Rd., Grapevine, TX.  Departure will be at 10:30am.  This is a social ride and a surprise for Micah.  Ok, ok, I'll call him and let him know that we're coming.  Sorry for the short notice, but cabin fever took over and we've got to get out.  

See you Saturday if you can make it.  

IP Logged
jrob_bent
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #14 - Jan 4th, 2019, 8:07am

It will be according to when my grandkids go home as they are spending the night with us tonight! If I can make it, I'll meet everyone on the Cotton Belt Trail.  
Hopefully I'll be riding my new ride as Micah wants to see it. Have to wait and see if I can get it all together as it will arrive sometime today!

« Last Edit: Jan 4th, 2019, 8:09am by jrob_bent »  

Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print