Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
May 3rd, 2024, 12:01am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Heart of Texas Recumbent Rally (Read 1704 times)
jcsadowski
Five Star Member

Clown #1

Heart of Texas Recumbent Rally
Dec 8th, 2018, 6:43pm

March 1-3, 2019 - Heart of Texas Recumbent Rally and Rodeo: Keller, TX - Since 2010, this event has brought the recumbent community together for a weekend of recumbent-focused fun. Come see old friends, make new friends, ride, learn stuff, participate in recumbent rodeo.
More info at:
http://www.bicycle-stuff.com/main/2019/03-Mar-2019.html#hot

2009 Carbon fiber CA 2.0
2014 Schlitter Encore
Email WWW   IP Logged
jayg
Five Star Member

rbent member

Re: Heart of Texas Recumbent Rally
Reply #1 - Dec 8th, 2018, 10:41pm

Wish it could be held in the Spring, instead of the Winter.  

Email   IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Reply #2 - Dec 10th, 2018, 4:22pm

I got an email from Rebecca at Easy Street, asking about coordinating the HOT ride with RBENT...  see the thread, below.  I dissuaded her from a Saturday morning WRL ride...
PB

1  <<Hi, Paul -- Are you the person to talk to about  
joining the RBent group for a ride at White Rock Lake on March 2?

And, Mike was thinking that the Trinity Trail System would be a good  
place to have the Sunday morning community rides.  We need a sizable  
parking lot and various routes that would work for our 4 different  
levels of riders.

These are the subjects on my mind.

--  
Rebecca di Luce
Minister of Easy Street Culture >>

2 >>
Actually, Rebecca, most cyclists tend to AVOID White Rock Lake on Saturdays, due to the number of runners that are there...  I would actually recommend an RBENT/HOT ride around DFW Airport, instead, or perhaps some other option - I can send you route options...

Paul >>

3 >>
Thanks so much, Paul.  REALLY appreciate your suggestions and we love the idea of promoting the Saturday morning ride through both of our groups.  We are thinking about how to handle it if it turns out that all 100 registrants want to do that ride ... hmmmm ... maybe divide up into smaller mixed groups that leave at intervals?  Or ... ?
Will your route options also include ideas for the Sunday multi-level community rides?  I know ... give 'em an inch and they take a  mile!  
I am including Mike on this email as I am counting on him to make final decisions regarding the rides.  If you could include both of us on your emails, that would be great.

THANKS!

Rebecca >>

"A hundred miles on a bike? How many
days does that take you?"

Email FlyingLaZBoy   IP Logged
jrob_bent
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #3 - Dec 11th, 2018, 6:11pm

I wonder why they don't use the 35 miles of interconnected trails from their parking lot? Goes through Keller, North Richland Hills, Colleyville, and Grapevine.

I get about 15 miles per honey bun!
Email   IP Logged
Phantom Rider
Five Star Member

Reply #4 - Dec 11th, 2018, 7:55pm

Quote from jrob_bent on Dec 11th, 2018, 6:11pm:
I wonder why they don't use the 35 miles of interconnected trails from their parking lot? Goes through Keller, North Richland Hills, Colleyville, and Grapevine.

I was wondering that as well.  Also movng 50-100 people from Keller to the pond to ride and back will be an all day venture in my opinion.  It’s at least an hour drive each way if you know where your going.  

It’s still early in the planning phase, this is the first from the Keller store and I’m Sure they are working through options.  It’s good to see they are reaching out to the local groups for input, this is a good sign and a great community effort.

2017 Cruzbike V20
2019 ICE VTX Black
SOLD - 2011 GT Karakorem 1.0 - 2012 Lightning Phantom II - 2004 Lightning P38 2013 Rans Rifle 2014 Catrike 700 - 2014 Bacchetta CA2
Email   IP Logged
jrob_bent
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #5 - Dec 12th, 2018, 5:33pm

I went by Easy Street today and Micah and Mike were there along with Oscar the Mayor. I asked why they weren't going to use the interconnected trails and Mike said they were going to use the trails. Mike said it would be more like just ride when and where you wanted on Saturday, no organized ride.

I get about 15 miles per honey bun!
Email   IP Logged
diannalightning
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #6 - Jan 24th, 2019, 1:14pm

Here's the press release from Rebecca at Easy Street:

Easy Street Recumbents
Phone: 512-789-4118
Email: culture@wemakecyclingeasy.com
Easy Street Recumbents Throws Annual Rally and Rodeo
for 100 Lucky Members of the 'Bent Community
The 9th Heart of Texas Recumbent Rally and Rodeo is happening
in Keller, Texas, March 1-3, 2019
KELLER, TX, March 2019: Easy Street Recumbents is again hosting The Heart of Texas Recumbent
Rally and Rodeo, a 3-day event (from noon, Friday, March 1 to noon, Sunday, March 3) focused on
recumbent cycling culture. The center of activities will be Easy Street's shop located at 2041 Rufe
Snow Dr., Suite 101, Keller, TX 76248. Though the event is recumbent-focused, it is not recumbentexclusive.
Registration is at https://www.bikereg.com/hot2019
For event details, pictures, and history, see http://www.wemakecyclingeasy.com/hot-rally/
Yes, the event includes riding, but it is also social and informational, with meals, a happy hour,
seminars, vendor reps, a charity raffle benefitting BikeDFW, and of course the Rodeo; where riders
compete informally in silly or slightly reckless activities. Have you heard of Texas-style Chicken
Roping? Riders from across the U.S. and beyond meet up with old friends, make new friends, have
great fun, and broaden their knowledge as a recumbent rider.
For the first time ever and for this year only, the featured event is the Texas Trike Shootout, pitting a
celebrated racing trike, the ICE VTX, against a new high-end contender for 3-wheeled speed, the
Bacchetta CT 2.0. Crews from both companies will be on hand, and riders with a performance
interest can ride the CT 2.0 months before it comes available for sale. Not to be outdone, Catrike is
providing their newest yet-to-be-released model, the Eola, as the Grand Raffle Prize and guests will
have the opportunity to ride and compare it as well.
Other important sponsors include TerraTrike and AZUB. A host of other supportive sponsors are all
contributing swag, information, and raffle prizes to make this year's event the best ever. Additionally,
the Laidback Bike Report, a live video webcast of recumbent news and interviews, will be on hand,
documenting the scene.
###
Easy Street Recumbents is a nationally-recognized cycling shop focused on recumbent trikes and bikes
since 1996. Known for their experience, their friendly expertise and guaranteed workmanship, they are
an integral member of the recumbent cycling community.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print