Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
May 14th, 2024, 9:33pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Looking for a local & very inexpensive adult trike (Read 1607 times)
Cheve11e

rbent member

Looking for a local & very inexpensive adult trike
Feb 5th, 2018, 5:57pm

I work with an Autistic young man that REALLY seems to love the independence the riding my trike has given me.  Any place local I want to go I ride my trike Smiley Smiley Smiley Cool he thinks this is GREAT, but my trike is to LOW for him (I'm not sure exactly why, but  Smiley I know their are other options out there -  I think that a delta trike would work well for his situation.  However, because I'm not sure we are on a trial budget to see what works for him.  So I'm looking for an Adult trike (inexpensive) that he can ride to see if this rout will even work for him - Let me know your thoughts, ideas or 4-sale cheap trikes. Smiley

« Last Edit: Feb 16th, 2018, 3:59pm by Cheve11e »  
Email   IP Logged
Dennis

rbent member

Re: Looking for a local & very inexpensive adult t
Reply #1 - Mar 3rd, 2018, 1:06pm

A rider turned and caught up with me as I was riding through Heath this morning.    He stopped me to ask if I knew anyone that needed a trike.

Greg has an older relative that can no longer ride the trike,  and said he was looking for a good home.  Never mentioned a price, so not sure if that means you might be able to get it for a good story,  or at least inexpensive.

2003 Cattride road,   says his relative just rode it around the neighborhood.   Greg 214-912-8901.   Heath is between Rockwall and Forney just on the east side of Lake Ray Hubbard.

I'll relay pictures if he sends any.   I probably got back from my ride quicker than he did as despite the sunshine the rest of the body just wasn't moving.

IP Logged
esbee

rbent member

Reply #2 - Mar 6th, 2018, 6:24pm

i have a TT rover  for sale or trade. brand new-lots of extras-- susan esbee@1starnet.com

Susan In Paris (Texas, that is!)
Email WWW   IP Logged
Cheve11e

rbent member

Reply #3 - Mar 26th, 2018, 8:21pm

Thanks, but I was thinking of more like a Delta style or an ACTUAL adult trike - Catrike road he could never get in/out of, but thanks  Smiley  a TT rover that just maybe do able .... let me do some checking

Email   IP Logged
MrWizard
Five Star Member

bonus mile sponge

Reply #4 - Oct 17th, 2018, 7:45pm

I've got an Avenue Trikes Medium frame that I picked up at RCC to evaluate  

http://avenuetrikes.com/  

They looked to be easy to get in and out of .. I'd let it go at my price + state sales tax which I have to charge

Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print