Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
May 15th, 2024, 4:55pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Sold! Catbike Musashi (Read 1164 times)
jrob_bent
Five Star Member

rbent member

Sold! Catbike Musashi
Sep 26th, 2018, 2:44pm

Sold pending funds arriving.

I am selling my Catbike Musashi to help fund my velomobile fund. New tires, cassette, and chain. The seat pad is faded and a few dings and scratches from riding. The Musashi is my favorite all around ride. It is fast and comfortable. Time though for me to move on to 3 wheels for all weather touring. $1,000 obo.
Contact me here or text or call:six3six-two34-six2nine2.  

The pink foam can be removed quiet easily. It is a splitter for better speed and is just zip tied on. I was going to paint it black or put my black vinyl on it.

« Last Edit: Oct 1st, 2018, 8:03pm by jrob_bent »  

I get about 15 miles per honey bun!
Email   IP Logged
Action Lad
Five Star Member

rbent member

Re: Catbike Musashi
Reply #1 - Sep 26th, 2018, 9:22pm

Have you noticed significantly higher speeds with the splitter attached?  How much better?

"You can't see paradise if you don't pedal!"
T.J. Fowler -- Chicken Run
  IP Logged
jrob_bent
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #2 - Sep 27th, 2018, 7:45am

I really can't tell because I had a tail box from under the seat back past the seat 40"s. Those combined was 3-4 mph faster. With tuft testing the splitter directed the air past the wheel. Without splitter the air was very turbulent. I'll ride it to the gym today and see how it compares to when I had the tail box on it. I took the tail box off yesterday.  

I can tell you with the right splitter and the ultimate tail box shape that closes off underneath the seat, you will not believe the speed increase. Until you ride it that is. I would rebuild the tail box if a buyer wanted it.

« Last Edit: Sep 27th, 2018, 7:45am by jrob_bent »  

Email   IP Logged
Action Lad
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #3 - Sep 28th, 2018, 8:45pm

Quote from jrob_bent on Sep 27th, 2018, 7:45am:
I really can't tell because I had a tail box from under the seat back past the seat 40"s. Those combined was 3-4 mph faster. With tuft testing the splitter directed the air past the wheel. Without splitter the air was very turbulent. I'll ride it to the gym today and see how it compares to when I had the tail box on it. I took the tail box off yesterday.

I can tell you with the right splitter and the ultimate tail box shape that closes off underneath the seat, you will not believe the speed increase. Until you ride it that is. I would rebuild the tail box if a buyer wanted it.
Got photos of the Musashi with the tailbox?  What's it made of and how much are you asking?  I am all about getting the Night Train to its optimal speed, already with a 55-T chainring and a new tiller.  

IP Logged
jrob_bent
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #4 - Sep 29th, 2018, 10:48am

Quote from Action Lad on Sep 28th, 2018, 8:45pm:

Got photos of the Musashi with the tailbox?  What's it made of and how much are you asking?  I am all about getting the Night Train to its optimal speed, already with a 55-T chainring and a new tiller.  

No photos. Made from coroplast. I have a couple of people who are interested in buying the bike if I re-build the tail fairing. I would put one back on only if they buy the bike.  

I posted pictures of the Baron in the photo section for you to see. The splitter and tail fairing is a lot faster than just the bike.

« Last Edit: Sep 29th, 2018, 10:55am by jrob_bent »  

Email   IP Logged
Action Lad
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #5 - Sep 29th, 2018, 1:30pm

Quote from jrob_bent on Sep 29th, 2018, 10:48am:
Quote from Action Lad on Sep 28th, 2018, 8:45pm:

No photos. Made from coroplast. I have a couple of people who are interested in buying the bike if I re-build the tail fairing. I would put one back on only if they buy the bike.

I posted pictures of the Baron in the photo section for you to see. The splitter and tail fairing is a lot faster than just the bike.
Saw the photos.  Thanks for posting.  It should sell quickly, with or without the fairing.   Smiley

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print