Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
May 18th, 2024, 11:20pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
red nose day (Read 1129 times)
reever

rbent member

red nose day
May 8th, 2015, 11:56am

Wow! I was floored to find out that Matt Lauer is planning a marathon bicycling trip of 260 miles that will take him a grueling six days (!) to raise money for the red nose day charity. It's okay....he's in a training program....he is not likely to expire on live television. Maybe some of us could do the same 260 miles on red nose day--all in one day--and send the video to NBC to bring awareness to the awesomeness of recumbent bikes. Any volunteers??? Any ideas on good routes???

Adults should have fun so kids will want to grow up!

For every mile of road there's two miles of ditch.

I'd rather be sorry for something I did than for something I didn't do.
Email   IP Logged
BentTrekker

rbent member

Re: red nose day
Reply #1 - May 8th, 2015, 12:09pm

That's only 43.3 miles per day, which is easily doable. I would love to do it!

Matt Bailey
OWN: Optima High Baron
SOLD: Catrike Expedition, Catrike 700, Catrike Pocket, Bacchetta CA2, Lightning Stealth, TerraTrike Tandem Pro.
Email WWW BentTrekker   IP Logged
reever

rbent member

Reply #2 - May 8th, 2015, 6:39pm

Well, actually I was talking about doing all 260 in one day, BUT if we wanted to do it like Matt, that is cool too! Smiley

Adults should have fun so kids will want to grow up!

For every mile of road there's two miles of ditch.

I'd rather be sorry for something I did than for something I didn't do.
Email   IP Logged
BentTrekker

rbent member

Reply #3 - May 8th, 2015, 7:16pm

Oh, I missed the "all in one day" part!   Smiley

Matt Bailey
OWN: Optima High Baron
SOLD: Catrike Expedition, Catrike 700, Catrike Pocket, Bacchetta CA2, Lightning Stealth, TerraTrike Tandem Pro.
Email WWW BentTrekker   IP Logged
MrWizard
Five Star Member

bonus mile sponge

Reply #4 - May 9th, 2015, 1:48pm

260 miles a day -- no problem ..   when it gets into the 400s my knees bark

Its actually for a moderately good cause : http://www.today.com/news/red-nose-day-matt-lauer-bike-boston-new-york-city-t184 66   you can throw money at him (and the cause) here https://donatenow.networkforgood.org/rednosedaytoday  though I noticed that the milage numbers change between the story and the link .   I'd be more willing to throw money at him if it was an actual challenge ..  Though I guess if you are a more or less sedentary tv "journalist" with declining ratings, this might be a challenge  Grin

Email   IP Logged
jrob_bent
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #5 - May 9th, 2015, 6:35pm

Quote from reever on May 8th, 2015, 11:56am:
Wow! I was floored to find out that Matt Lauer is planning a marathon bicycling trip of 260 miles that will take him a grueling six days (!) to raise money for the red nose day charity. It's okay....he's in a training program....he is not likely to expire on live television. Maybe some of us could do the same 260 miles on red nose day--all in one day--and send the video to NBC to bring awareness to the awesomeness of recumbent bikes. Any volunteers??? Any ideas on good routes???

How about someone filming tomorrows West Metroplex bents ride and send it in to NBC. That would be cool!

I get about 15 miles per honey bun!
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print