Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
May 6th, 2024, 12:12am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Bosque Tour de Norway, Clifton Tx, May 16 (Read 1104 times)
brian_d

rbent member

Bosque Tour de Norway, Clifton Tx, May 16
Apr 29th, 2015, 11:18pm

Since I have yet to ride this year  Smiley I am signing up for the 40 miler.  Would enjoy some company.  I don't remember the 20 having any intimidating hills, but the 40 and 60 will definitely test all of your gears.

http://www.tourdenorway.com

The fourth Bosque Tour de Norway will be held on May 16, 2015. The start/finish line will be at Clifton High School. We will have 4 routes to choose from 20, 40, 60 and 80 miles. Each will allow you to enjoy the beauty of the top of Texas hill country and be riding through the historical Norse community.

$25

WHAT TO EXPECT:
You will be riding on a combination of state highways and county roads. All are paved but there are some rough areas on the county roads due to chip seal pavement and some potholes. Most roads are comfortable to ride on. Since this is the top of the hill country there are rolling hills with a few good leg burner climbs, followed by fast descents.

Catrike Expedition
  IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Re: Bosque Tour de Norway, Clifton Tx, May 16
Reply #1 - May 4th, 2015, 9:02am

I'm planning to do this one, weather-dependent.  There are DEFINITELY some serious hills to climb, and two years ago, the wind was howling outta the south...

"A hundred miles on a bike? How many
days does that take you?"

Email FlyingLaZBoy   IP Logged
Phantom Rider
Five Star Member

Reply #2 - May 4th, 2015, 6:44pm

Quote from FlyingLaZBoy on May 4th, 2015, 9:02am:
I'm planning to do this one, weather-dependent.  There are DEFINITELY some serious hills to climb, and two years ago, the wind was howling outta the south...

Define serious, please.

2017 Cruzbike V20
2019 ICE VTX Black
SOLD - 2011 GT Karakorem 1.0 - 2012 Lightning Phantom II - 2004 Lightning P38 2013 Rans Rifle 2014 Catrike 700 - 2014 Bacchetta CA2
Email   IP Logged
MrWizard
Five Star Member

bonus mile sponge

Reply #3 - May 4th, 2015, 10:35pm

I did this one last year,  the chipseal is the worst part of it.   The hills were just slow steady climbs while you wave to the passing cars, riders, joggers, old woman with baby strollers... etc  ..     then catch them on the downhill  Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print