Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
May 1st, 2024, 12:54am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
west metroplex bents regular ride (Read 4916 times)
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

west metroplex bents regular ride
May 3rd, 2015, 10:05pm

Anyone would be welcome, Of course, but I'd like to see if we can get a regular Sunday ride going for us benters over here.  The east bunch gets together at a lot of rides, and we never do.  What if we did an every other week regular ride?  We could do the trail, some fwba rides, or whatever.

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
BentTrekker

rbent member

Re: west metroplex bents regular ride
Reply #1 - May 3rd, 2015, 10:17pm

Yay! Anything would be awesome!! We need some regular rides over here Cheesy Although, I wouldn't be able to make it Sundays due to church unless the ride was between 1-4pm.

« Last Edit: May 4th, 2015, 7:02am by BentTrekker »  

Matt Bailey
OWN: Optima High Baron
SOLD: Catrike Expedition, Catrike 700, Catrike Pocket, Bacchetta CA2, Lightning Stealth, TerraTrike Tandem Pro.
Email WWW BentTrekker   IP Logged
Mdicke

rbent member

Reply #2 - May 3rd, 2015, 10:22pm

I would be interested but Sunday mornings would not work for me as i have a room fułl of two year olds at church to help care for.  If it works for others go for it and I would try to get out once in a while

Rans F5
Catrike 700
Specialized Allez (DF)
  IP Logged
Tiger_Mike

rbent member

Reply #3 - May 3rd, 2015, 10:44pm

Sounds like a good plan. Just tell me the time and place and I'll try to get there!q

P38
Rans XStream
Rans V2
Email   IP Logged
Mizta_Nice

rbent member

Reply #4 - May 4th, 2015, 6:47am

Yes, we need something for us on the west side. Maybe meet up at the food truck park on the trail.

"Slow and steady wins the race" is what all us slow and steady people say when we don't win the race.
WWW   IP Logged
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Reply #5 - May 4th, 2015, 2:23pm

We can always change days once we establish regularity.   Sundays are the only days I'm not doing intervals, so I can ride at a steady pace.
Anybody have a problem starting on the tenth?  It's mother's day, but we could ride for just a short time, or do a route where you could easily turn back anytime.

Speaking of which, what kind of distances, paces are you comfortable with for our rides?  I'm good with anything just about.  9am work as a starting time?  

I like the idea of ending up somewhere to eat.  The food park is nice, but there's chipotle, panda express, red hot and blue, all along my part of the trail.

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
MrWizard
Five Star Member

bonus mile sponge

Reply #6 - May 4th, 2015, 5:06pm

Fwiw, I'd be up for a regularly scheduled sunday afternoon ride.    just not at white rock, I"d rather play in traffic than fight that place on a weekend.

Email   IP Logged
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Reply #7 - May 4th, 2015, 6:27pm

Yup.  Aikigreg just doesn't do Dallas.  Make any association with that statement you'd like.   Smiley

Quote from MrWizard on May 4th, 2015, 5:06pm:
Fwiw, I'd be up for a regularly scheduled sunday afternoon ride.    just not at white rock, I"d rather play in traffic than fight that place on a weekend.

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
Phantom Rider
Five Star Member

Reply #8 - May 4th, 2015, 6:36pm

Quote from aikigreg on May 4th, 2015, 6:27pm:
Yup.  Aikigreg just doesn't do Dallas.  Make any association with that statement you'd like.   Smiley

Quote from MrWizard on May 4th, 2015, 5:06pm:

no reason to go east of 360!

2017 Cruzbike V20
2019 ICE VTX Black
SOLD - 2011 GT Karakorem 1.0 - 2012 Lightning Phantom II - 2004 Lightning P38 2013 Rans Rifle 2014 Catrike 700 - 2014 Bacchetta CA2
Email   IP Logged
Phantom Rider
Five Star Member

Reply #9 - May 5th, 2015, 7:49pm

I won't commit to every week  but would be interested in occasionally joining a FWBA ride with a bunch of bents.  The trinity trails don't appeal to me on my CA2 but are a good fit for my daughter and I on trikes.

Applaud the effort and really hope it works out.

2017 Cruzbike V20
2019 ICE VTX Black
SOLD - 2011 GT Karakorem 1.0 - 2012 Lightning Phantom II - 2004 Lightning P38 2013 Rans Rifle 2014 Catrike 700 - 2014 Bacchetta CA2
Email   IP Logged
jrob_bent
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #10 - May 5th, 2015, 9:02pm

Quote from aikigreg on May 4th, 2015, 2:23pm:
We can always change days once we establish regularity.   Sundays are the only days I'm not doing intervals, so I can ride at a steady pace.
Anybody have a problem starting on the tenth?  It's mother's day, but we could ride for just a short time, or do a route where you could easily turn back anytime.

Speaking of which, what kind of distances, paces are you comfortable with for our rides?  I'm good with anything just about.  9am work as a starting time?  

I like the idea of ending up somewhere to eat.  The food park is nice, but there's chipotle, panda express, red hot and blue, all along my part of the trail.

I like to eat and I like to ride. If you get something for the 17th, I might be able to ride with you. I think I'll still be in Argyle then. Have to check with the boss lady for sure!

I get about 15 miles per honey bun!
Email   IP Logged
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Reply #11 - May 5th, 2015, 9:31pm

I hate the trail.  I use it to get to where the real ride starts.  Just a couple miles in total.

Quote from Phantom Rider on May 5th, 2015, 7:49pm:
I won't commit to every week  but would be interested in occasionally joining a FWBA ride with a bunch of bents.  The trinity trails don't appeal to me on my CA2 but are a good fit for my daughter and I on trikes.

Applaud the effort and really hope it works out.  

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
reever

rbent member

Reply #12 - May 6th, 2015, 10:25pm

Okay, let's sew this thing up. I suggest we start at 9AM.....just for this Sunday. I'm coming to Ft. Worth to pick up my wife at D/FW airport and I'd love to ride with somebody. Being a hick from Abilene I don't know squat about where you guys ride. If it is at ten, I can handle that too, but let's have a ride!!!! I'm excited to have a little company on a ride for a change!

Adults should have fun so kids will want to grow up!

For every mile of road there's two miles of ditch.

I'd rather be sorry for something I did than for something I didn't do.
Email   IP Logged
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Reply #13 - May 6th, 2015, 10:45pm

Done deal.  Let's meet at the Art Cowsen trailhead at 9am.  I'll link and post the address below.  Bring 1 dollar for entrance into Benbrook lake park, or a Corps of Engineers park pass.  We will not ride on any bit of trail, but rather on low traffic park roads most of the way.  If we go beyond a 25 mile ride, We will visit some higher traffic roads, but they're heavily ridden by cyclists and safe unless you do something stupid.  There is a water fountain and restroom available.

Distance:  whatever you want.  You can turn around anytime.  I have to have 4 hours of seat time, but That doesn't mean you have to go with me.  I'll ride back with anyone and take another lap.  Hell, if you like I can put together an easy 600k, but I won't be joining you.  Grin  You can ride from my house all the way to Glen Rose and Bluff Dale if you like.  

Depending on how far we go, we can always ride back to the start, go down the trail just a few miles and have lunch at chipotle, panda express, or red hot n blue bbq.  Along the way you can try and unseat my KOM flat sprint Smiley

I have craptons of variations of this route, for whatever level of ride and scenery you like.  15 foot cows?  I got em.  Mile long climbs and 20%+ grades?  I got em.  Scenery?  I got that too.  Any combination you want, or easy ways to avoid it all.  But if you're afraid of 15 foot cows, maybe you shouldn't be riding a bike anyway.  Free gu gel provided!

Art Cowsen Memorial Trailhead
7500-7578 Memorial Oak
Benbrook, TX 76126

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Art+Cowsen+Memorial+Trailhead/@32.6659582,-97. 4491904,17z/data=!4m6!1m3!3m2!1s0x864e12b9b4733547:0xef255b6cae10dced!2sPecan+Valley+Park!3m1!1s0x0000000000000000:0x2b1f727ab19bcdba

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
Monkeywrangler22
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #14 - May 7th, 2015, 7:11am

Better check the weather foreccast--not looking good for Sunday.  And don't forge Sunday is also Mother's Day, as that may change some folks plans...

The Monkeywrangler's blog
Schlitter Encore
Fisher HKEK - Spec. Roubaix
Seavo - Serenity
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print