Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
May 17th, 2024, 12:46am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
RBent Jerseys (Read 1998 times)
gfreeman

rbent member

RBent Jerseys
Sep 17th, 2014, 4:41pm

where do you get them?

Email   IP Logged
Tiger_Mike

rbent member

Re: RBent Jerseys
Reply #1 - Sep 18th, 2014, 5:35pm

You volunteer to organize the next group buy.  Cheesy
Then you spend the next 4 months organizing samples for people to try on, and then practice your cat herding skills to get people to commit to what their order will be. After the cut off time you get to deal with other folks who suddenly decide they want to order, and with a bunch of folks who ordered one size and decide they really need a different size. And of course collecting everyone's money, and seeing all of the jerseys get delivered or picked up.  
No big deal!  
Just to get you started, you can put me down for 2 short sleeve jerseys with zippered pockets, size XL. Smiley

P38
Rans XStream
Rans V2
Email   IP Logged
TonyWard
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #2 - Sep 18th, 2014, 7:41pm

Quote from Tiger_Mike on Sep 18th, 2014, 5:35pm:
Then you spend the next 4 months organizing samples for people to try on, and then practice your cat herding skills to get people to commit to what their order will be. After the cut off time you get to deal with other folks who suddenly decide they want to order, and with a bunch of folks who ordered one size and decide they really need a different size. And of course collecting everyone's money, and seeing all of the jerseys get delivered or picked up.
No big deal!
Just to get you started, you can put me down for 2 short sleeve jerseys with zippered pockets, size XL. Smiley
Smiley

The road goes on forever and the party never ends - Robert Earl Keen
Email   IP Logged
kenbent6
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #3 - Sep 18th, 2014, 9:00pm

That would be sooooo funny if it were not sssoooo true!! Look what Paul dose for the love of us Bentnics..!! Smiley

IP Logged
gfreeman

rbent member

Reply #4 - Sep 19th, 2014, 9:41am

Tiger_Mike,

Hmmm.  That pretty much lets me out.  I dont have as much time to ride as I want, much less organize a group buy of jerseys.  Maybe once I retire.  But, I do have a suggestion.  Many years ago, I was involved in something similar for my skydiving club and the logistics got too cumbersome.  So we had club logo transfers printed and let everyone get their own shirts and get the logo ironed on.  Then you dont have to worry about size or number or late orders.  You just get a couple of hundred transfers printed up and folks can buy them from you on an ad hoc basis.  The transfers dont hold up to multiple washings as well as a screen-printing like the jerseys I saw, but, in my mind, the ease of production offsets that by a mile.

Email   IP Logged
shellbear

Reply #5 - Sep 19th, 2014, 10:43am

Quote from Tiger_Mike on Sep 18th, 2014, 5:35pm:
No big deal!

LOL.  Such is the life of a volunteer organizer.  Kudos to you!

"As soon as you're born you start dying, so you might as well have a good time." -Cake
  IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Reply #6 - Sep 19th, 2014, 4:13pm

Gosh, Mike, it's like you've done it before!!!     Smiley

I don't have any problem doing it again - people are quite good about getting their money in.  There's not enough critical mass to put another order together yet -- maybe in the Spring?   The frustrating part of the last order was that the company changed their sizing criteria... so we'll see what develops.

PB

"A hundred miles on a bike? How many
days does that take you?"

Email FlyingLaZBoy   IP Logged
jcsadowski
Five Star Member

Clown #1

Reply #7 - Sep 20th, 2014, 6:18pm

Can we3 get real pockets next time???

2009 Carbon fiber CA 2.0
2014 Schlitter Encore
Email WWW   IP Logged
rmillay
Five Star Member

rbent member; go
Clowns!

Reply #8 - Sep 21st, 2014, 11:30am

I like the zippered pockets on mine, and the large fits me with room to spare, but then I'm not particularly robustly built!  I'll definitely need a short-sleeved next Spring.   Smiley

Catrike 700
RANS Formula LE , sold
Catrike Musashi
Catrike Speed
Catrike Speed, sold back

"It [Nissan Titan] wasn't named truck of the year because it wasn't the best!" Clay Cooley in his TV a
Email   IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Reply #9 - Sep 23rd, 2014, 7:14am

Apparently Kucharick (sp?) has come out with a new line, with angled zipper pockets across the front (and lower than they used to put them)...  I'll investigate...

"A hundred miles on a bike? How many
days does that take you?"

Email FlyingLaZBoy   IP Logged
Bud_Bent

Reply #10 - Sep 23rd, 2014, 9:47pm

I've always liked Kucharik's stuff. FWBA's jerseys were Kuchariks. And I picked up some Kucharik recumbent shorts at HHH (can't find the Insport Brutes any more) and like them, too.

Bud
* 2009 RANS F-5 Pro
* 2009 RANS XStream
* 2004 RANS Screamer
My Blog - uneasy-rider.com
WWW   IP Logged
gfreeman

rbent member

Reply #11 - Sep 24th, 2014, 11:12am

Bud, what/where is HHH?

Email   IP Logged
dd5339
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #12 - Sep 24th, 2014, 12:08pm

Quote from gfreeman on Sep 24th, 2014, 11:12am:
Bud, what/where is HHH?

HHH Would be that annual bit of insanity known as the Hotter than Hell 100 in Wichita Falls held the end of August.  

Since you've never been, it's well worth the experience and expense.  

Semper Fi

Email   IP Logged
Bud_Bent

Reply #13 - Sep 24th, 2014, 3:03pm

Quote from dd5339 on Sep 24th, 2014, 12:08pm:
HHH Would be that annual bit of insanity known as the Hotter than Hell 100 in Wichita Falls held the end of August.

Since you've never been, it's well worth the experience and expense.

Yep, even if riding in a mass of riders on a pay ride really isn't your thing, every rider should go to Wichita Falls and experience the Hotter 'N Hell Hundred at least once.

Bud
* 2009 RANS F-5 Pro
* 2009 RANS XStream
* 2004 RANS Screamer
My Blog - uneasy-rider.com
WWW   IP Logged
rmillay
Five Star Member

rbent member; go
Clowns!

Reply #14 - Sep 25th, 2014, 4:34pm

The shopping there is the main reason my spouse goes.   Smiley

Catrike 700
RANS Formula LE , sold
Catrike Musashi
Catrike Speed
Catrike Speed, sold back

"It [Nissan Titan] wasn't named truck of the year because it wasn't the best!" Clay Cooley in his TV a
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print