Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
May 1st, 2024, 11:30pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
October FUN - ROAD TRIP! (Read 664 times)
texpug
Five Star Member

rbent member

October FUN - ROAD TRIP!
Sep 26th, 2014, 9:47am

This is being posted here, because this isn't exactly a "Ride".  This falls more closely under "fall soirée."     Smiley

Mark your calendars for the weekend of October 25th to get on I 45 and head to H Town. The fun starts on Saturday morning at Steve and Nancy Jackson's house. They will lead us to George Bush Park for a great ride (not far from their house, so we can just park there and ride to the park). After the ride, we will head back to the J's for the Greasy Street BBQ. Easy Street Recumbents will be co sponsoring, along with the Jacksons, a lunch for those who worked up an appetite riding that morning.  Mike Librik - in all his shining humor - came up with the "Greasy Street" name.  Always the comedian, that Mike.  

After we finish eating, go check into a hotel. Then crawl into bed and set your alarm to be at the George Brown Convention Center starting around 10 p.m. The Bike Houston Moonlight Ramble will roll starting at midnight. This is NOT a ride to test your riding prowess. Nope. This is a super fun, crazy ride through downtown Houston with a bunch of nuts strictly to have fun. It is an absolute blast just being there to see all the fruitcakes on wheels. There is an 8 mile route and a 20 mile route. It is a HOOT. Want to dress in costumes? BRING IT ON! Just make sure your costume is comfortable to ride in. We went as Thing 1, Thing 2 and Thing 3 (Sweet P) last year. I am all but finished with our costumes for this year. WOO HOO this is FUN! If you register before September 30, it is only $25 for the Ramble. You get a really cool t shirt too.  

www.bikehouston.org/moonlightramble/

Hungry after the ride?  LOTS of riders head over to the Spanish Flowers after the ride for a YUMMY breakfast.  The Spanish Flowers is an all night Mexican restaurant that is really close to the Ramble. Nice place. GREAT food.  

http://spanish-flowers.com/

Go back to the hotel and hit the pillow and sleep until they throw you out, then head home.  

The only cost involved is the travel expenses and Moonlight Ramble. The Saturday morning ride and Greasy Street BBQ are no cost.  

So with the riding events calendar winding down, pull out all the stops and come on down for the "Houston Haunt"!

Holler at me if you have any questions, or if you are coming. We are getting a head count so we will know how much food we need for the Greasy Street BBQ.

Catrike 700
Catrike Speed
Terra Trike Tandem Pro IPS
  IP Logged
Patti
Five Star Member

rbent member

Re: October FUN - ROAD TRIP!
Reply #1 - Sep 26th, 2014, 2:07pm

Sounds like fun, Jane. Steve and I will have to make a decision after we get back from the RCC. Since his mom no longer has a house, we may not be up for another hotel stay so soon and I'm not sure camping options are good for the area. Put us down as "maybe".

IP Logged
texpug
Five Star Member

rbent member

Re: October FUN - ROAD TRIP!
Reply #2 - Sep 27th, 2014, 7:11pm

You'll only be in a hotel one night at the RCC. The resort is the next best thing to home Smiley Super comfy, plenty of room. Yes, I am trying to talk you into it!  Smiley

Catrike 700
Catrike Speed
Terra Trike Tandem Pro IPS
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print