Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Apr 27th, 2024, 7:32pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
In Memory of Jman AKA Joe Martin (Read 4142 times)
scooterdaddy52

rbent member

Re: In Memory of Jman AKA Joe Martin
Reply #15 - Aug 1st, 2012, 11:01am

cry  A very nice man. I met him only once when I purchased the Mach2 as shown in pix#2. He was very knowledgeable about bikes and helpful to me. I always enjoyed reading his posts. I wish I had lived close to where he rode. I am sure he was a great cycling friend to all who knew him.

IP Logged
Urbinrider

rbent member

Reply #16 - Aug 1st, 2012, 11:12am

Quote from freakflyer9999 on Aug 1st, 2012, 10:08am:
Quote from Patti on Aug 1st, 2012, 10:00am:
Since he was going to ride the Trinity Trail with the new trike, that might be an acceptable choice. A ride from Benbrook up to the Stockyards perhaps?

Yes, he rode the Trinity Trails often, since he lived in the Hulen area and his primary transportation was his bent.  I have a trike I could lend to one of his sons if they needed/wanted something to ride.

Though it would be a bit further for me, it might be a good idea to start at Gateway Park off of Beach St.  A bit closer than Benbrook for any of the folks who might want to join from the Dallas direction.  The Stockyards would still be a great destination.

That sounds like a great Idea  he also liked River Legacy Park.

Easy Racer Tour Easy got to love it
T W Bents Artifis
  IP Logged
Urbinrider

rbent member

Reply #17 - Aug 1st, 2012, 11:27am

I just spoke with Joe's Son Josh and he said but it is not definite  yet but he will have his Memorial at the National Cemetery maybe next Friday. Josh will let me know when all the details will be worked out.      

T W Bents Artifis
  IP Logged
ARFAofTexas

rbent member

Reply #18 - Aug 1st, 2012, 12:18pm

Please let us know when the memorial ride will be and we would like to attend. In Joes memory I will be bringing the Cruiser for this ride. Maybe one of his sons would like to ride it in his honor.

Email WWW   IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Reply #19 - Aug 1st, 2012, 4:19pm

Wow, very sad...  I hadn't seen him in quite a while actually, but rode with he and Eddie on the Collin Classic several years ago...

"A hundred miles on a bike? How many
days does that take you?"

Email FlyingLaZBoy   IP Logged
Monkeywrangler22
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #20 - Aug 1st, 2012, 7:24pm

I think for all concerned, it would work best to have the ride some time after the services at National Cemetery.  That way the family will have had at least that, taken care of, and maybe their lives will be settling down a touch.  I would like to attend, provided the chosed date & time work out. (Don't forget HotRocks ride and REd River Rally on the 11th, and HHH is the 25th.)

The Monkeywrangler's blog
Schlitter Encore
Fisher HKEK - Spec. Roubaix
Seavo - Serenity
Email   IP Logged
texpug
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #21 - Aug 1st, 2012, 7:36pm

I would just like to suggest something -- I know Joe would appreciate my bring this up.

Joe was off the charts excited about his new Terra Trike Cruiser that he was to receive from AFRA August 8. We at ARFA were as excited as Joe. His outpouring of thanks and his testimony how receiving this trike was going to make everything better in his life just made us realize the impact AFRA can have on the lives of those who need help getting a recumbent trike to change their lives for the better.  We are so very, very heart broken to lose Joe.

ARFA depends entirely on donations to acquire  recumbent bikes and trikes so they can get them to those who nee them.  I am sure Joe would appreciate any memorials in his honor that are made to ARFA. Please visit our website at www.arfaoftexas.org.  

Happy trails Joe while riding your Terra Trike up in Heaven. It was an honor to know you.

Catrike 700
Catrike Speed
Terra Trike Tandem Pro IPS
  IP Logged
esbee

rbent member

Reply #22 - Aug 1st, 2012, 7:59pm

I emailed ARFA and offered them some of my TEXAS print posters that I have come out with in limited edition to sell or raffle off to make money to buy trikes for needy people.     They said they would love to have them.  I am making arrangements with ARFA to pick them up the weekend of aug 5th.  Is anybody  here connected with the newspaper as this would make a good story in memory of someone who liked bents?  
susan in paris  Smiley

Susan In Paris (Texas, that is!)
Email WWW   IP Logged
Urbinrider

rbent member

Reply #23 - Aug 1st, 2012, 9:58pm

*Update on Services For Joe Martin*
I am currently awaiting word from funeral home on when we will recieve my fathers ashes. I should know have more info tomorrow so that I can finalize plans with the VA. We will be shooting for a friday service on 8/10 late morning at the Dallas-Fort Worth National Cemetary. We will have a family gathering afterwords at my mothers home in Fort Worth and everyon will be welcome to come and share memories of my Father and celebrate his life.
-Joshua Martin.

These are posting on Joshua Martins Facebook and the second one is from Joe's Facebook  

Joshua Martin
5 hours ago
My Father Joe Martin will have his Facebook page will be memorialized in the next few days, If you you want to friend him please feel free to do so. Once his page is memorialized its my understanding that only friends will have access from that point on.

This Facebook page will be memorialized in the next few days wich will make it private to firends and family only so please send your friend request in over the next day or two.
- Joshua Martin

T W Bents Artifis
  IP Logged
freakflyer9999

Reply #24 - Aug 2nd, 2012, 7:01am

« Last Edit: Aug 2nd, 2012, 7:30am by freakflyer9999 »  

Kenny G
Bacchetta Cafe <SOLD>
Terratrike Cruiser
Bacchetta Strada
  IP Logged
Urbinrider

rbent member

Reply #25 - Aug 6th, 2012, 7:38pm

Ok here is a posting from FB from Josh Martin Joe's son  
Information Time and Day of funeral proceedings for my Father Joe Martin are as follows: Service Will be on Friday August 10, 2012 at 10:00 a.m. sharp. These services will be held at Dallas-Fort Worth National Cemetery 2000 Mountain Creek Parkway Dallas, TX 75211 (214) 467-3374. Anyone is welcome to attend if they desire to, but nobody needs to feel obligated. My Brother and I would love to see as
 many friends and family as possible but are aware that getting out during a weekday can be difficult and we understand everybody’s circumstance is different. The ceremony should be fairly short but we will be having BBQ for lunch at our mothers House in Fort Worth Texas after the event and spending time with friends and family celebrating our Dads life and sharing stories. This will be a “Wet” party so beer will be supplied and fun shall be had, it’s what Joe would have wanted. If you can’t make it to the service anyone is still more than welcome to swing by the house to pay their respects and have a beer if they like. If anybody has any questions at all please feel free to contact Joshua Martin (817) 908-8274 or Justin (817) 204-4406

T W Bents Artifis
  IP Logged
Bud_Bent

Reply #26 - Aug 6th, 2012, 9:59pm

I won't be able to attend as I will be at the Dallas VA Medical Center having my left shoulder sliced and diced on at that time, but I hope other rbenters are able to make it.

Bud
* 2009 RANS F-5 Pro
* 2009 RANS XStream
* 2004 RANS Screamer
My Blog - uneasy-rider.com
WWW   IP Logged
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Reply #27 - Aug 8th, 2012, 7:33pm

I'm in kentucky visiting my mom
ut love to Joe's family. Best wies for a speedy recovery, Bud,!

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
Urbinrider

rbent member

Reply #28 - Aug 11th, 2012, 10:13pm

It was a very nice memorial for Joe I got to meet his family.  some were like his brother he talked about and his Ex wife. They were all very nice people.  
Now lets talk about that ride in his honor.    I will post something in up coming rides but it looks like it will be Sept 1 at River Legacy Park  

T W Bents Artifis
  IP Logged
freakflyer9999

Reply #29 - Aug 13th, 2012, 12:00pm

Quote from urbinrider on Aug 11th, 2012, 10:13pm:
It was a very nice memorial for Joe I got to meet his family.  some were like his brother he talked about and his Ex wife. They were all very nice people.  
Now lets talk about that ride in his honor.    I will post something in up coming rides but it looks like it will be Sept 1 at River Legacy Park  

I'll be on my way to Colorado that day.  Have a great ride.

Kenny G
Bacchetta Cafe <SOLD>
Terratrike Cruiser
Bacchetta Strada
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print