Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
May 2nd, 2024, 7:27pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 ... 45
Send Topic Print
W.I.B.T. Thread (Read 214959 times)
rcko

rbent member

Re: W.I.B.T. Thread
Reply #375 - Jan 28th, 2014, 9:47pm

Quote from FlyingLaZBoy on Jan 28th, 2014, 9:22pm:
Quote from rcko on Jan 25th, 2014, 10:16pm:
Rans adjustable high racer handle bar.

Pros: very adjustable!  Can lengthen and rotate handgrips to achieve desire fit.
Light weight.  Has centering and handgrip extensions lenght markings

Cons: very flexible due to thin walled tube used. Stock bacchetta bar though heavier it was more torsionally stiff.  I might try fill the inside of the tubes with expanding insulation foam as a way to increase bending/torsion stiffness without increasing the weight.

Uhhh, why are you torquing on the bars so much?  Just curious...

I just noticed when pulling to get off and on the trainer.  Again I am used to stiff mountain bike stuff and am learning recumbents.  Guess it makes sense that there really isn't a need to be pulling on the bars for these style frames.

IP Logged
Tiger_Mike

rbent member

Reply #376 - Jan 28th, 2014, 9:53pm

Bought myself a new bike.....not a recumbent. "Oh the Humanity!"  

I tried out several different uprights, and was reminded why I like recumbents. Then I rode a more likely candidate and was hooked.

Yeah, I know, its an Electra Townie. But I like it. It has classic lines, and it makes me feel like a kid when I ride it. So There! Its actually pretty practical - its an aluminum frame so it isn't that heavy (except for those cushy 26 x 2.0 balloon tires). Its got 21 gears, and the climbing gear is low enough for me to get up Zoo hill with no more than normal difficulty. Like my other bikes, this one is well suited for its purpose - its my short distance urban runabout. Its the bike I can ride without the special shoes and riding gear. Its the bike I can lock up and walk away from without feeling too nervous about it. Within a three mile radius of my house are Dutch's and the other TCU restaurants, the Jazz Café, the 7'th street Montgomery Plaza area, and the Paris Coffee Shop. I really like the relaxing 15 minute ride to the coffee shop for Saturday morning breakfast. For me, this is a fun time and place to live. I'm liking it!

P38
Rans XStream
Rans V2
Email   IP Logged
Phantom Rider
Five Star Member

Reply #377 - Jan 31st, 2014, 10:44pm

Not as cool as a new bike but...added two zefal spy mirrors to the rifle this morning.  I read several reviews and talked with a few people before buying them and thought ok, with such mixed reviews its worth a shot.  Spent $26 for the two and have to tell you that after the first ride I am very pleased with them, they are easy to bump out of alignment but they are also easy to adjust into alignment.  The field of view is good and solved my problems with the helmet mirror I was having.  I really liked my helmet mirror but after moving to this Rifle I have issues seeing oncoming traffic when going into a left turn so at this point the Zefal's are a winner for me.

2017 Cruzbike V20
2019 ICE VTX Black
SOLD - 2011 GT Karakorem 1.0 - 2012 Lightning Phantom II - 2004 Lightning P38 2013 Rans Rifle 2014 Catrike 700 - 2014 Bacchetta CA2
Email   IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Reply #378 - Feb 1st, 2014, 5:32pm

The Spy mirrors are nice -- and you can tighten up the hinges a bit with a 2mm allen wrench

"A hundred miles on a bike? How many
days does that take you?"

Email FlyingLaZBoy   IP Logged
Phantom Rider
Five Star Member

Reply #379 - Feb 1st, 2014, 7:08pm

cool, thanks for the tip.

2017 Cruzbike V20
2019 ICE VTX Black
SOLD - 2011 GT Karakorem 1.0 - 2012 Lightning Phantom II - 2004 Lightning P38 2013 Rans Rifle 2014 Catrike 700 - 2014 Bacchetta CA2
Email   IP Logged
catroad254

rbent member

Reply #380 - Feb 7th, 2014, 12:03pm

Some assembly required.

Email   IP Logged
jayg
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #381 - Feb 7th, 2014, 3:19pm

Quote from catroad254 on Feb 7th, 2014, 12:03pm:

Uh oh, looks like someone has visited Vite Bikes, during their temporary stay in Florida.   Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Phantom Rider
Five Star Member

Reply #382 - Feb 7th, 2014, 6:10pm

man am i jealous

2017 Cruzbike V20
2019 ICE VTX Black
Email   IP Logged
rmillay
Five Star Member

rbent member; go
Clowns!

Reply #383 - Feb 8th, 2014, 4:48pm

Went to ride with the PBF group this morning ,but nobody was there!  Wimps!  So I bought a new helmet instead.  It's a Specialized Echelon II in white.  Fits nicely.

Catrike 700
RANS Formula LE , sold
Catrike Musashi
Catrike Speed
Catrike Speed, sold back

"It [Nissan Titan] wasn't named truck of the year because it wasn't the best!" Clay Cooley in his TV a
Email   IP Logged
dd5339
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #384 - Feb 23rd, 2014, 4:09pm

Gee, look what followed us home..

AKA Texpug is a baaad person, she is an enabler..  Almost as bad as Action Lad..  Dang you evil trikers..

Semper Fi

Email   IP Logged
jayg
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #385 - Feb 23rd, 2014, 7:57pm

Nice trike! You need to come and do the monthly RBM recumbent ride with Key and the rest of us trikers.  

What is the function of those extensions coming off of the steering handles that look like they are wrapped with red tape?

« Last Edit: Feb 23rd, 2014, 7:58pm by jayg »  
Email   IP Logged
Monkeywrangler22
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #386 - Feb 23rd, 2014, 8:28pm

I will try to make one of those rides some time Jay.  I'm still slow on it, and learning the differences between trike and recumbent bike.  The red wrapped bar ends, are mtb bar ends, and they make good hand rests, they increase steering leverage, and aid in getting up off the trike.  The original owner had them installed for his wife.  I am not yet certain I will keep them on the trike.

Vic

The Monkeywrangler's blog
Schlitter Encore
Fisher HKEK - Spec. Roubaix
Seavo - Serenity
Email   IP Logged
diannalightning
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #387 - Feb 24th, 2014, 10:27am

"I'm still slow on it, and learning the differences between trike and recumbent bike"----Vicky I'm slower on my trike but I love being able to not have to watch for cracks like I do on the 2-wheeler.  I also find that I'm more relaxed on the trike.  Enjoy it--maybe see you at the Madri Gras parade.  Trikes are great for slow rides and for throwing beads while riding.

IP Logged
jayg
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #388 - Feb 24th, 2014, 11:07am

Quote from diannalightning on Feb 24th, 2014, 10:27am:
"I'm still slow on it, and learning the differences between trike and recumbent bike"----Vicky I'm slower on my trike but I love being able to not have to watch for cracks like I do on the 2-wheeler.  I also find that I'm more relaxed on the trike.  Enjoy it--maybe see you at the Madri Gras parade.  Trikes are great for slow rides and for throwing beads while riding.

I like to ride my trike at the massive gathering known as Tour Dallas. There's always some 2-wheeler crashes during the ride. Much better to be a crash observer in a rolling lounge chair than a crasher.    Smiley

Also, riding a trike eliminates the need for repetitive clipping in and out at the very slow start of the ride.

« Last Edit: Feb 24th, 2014, 12:55pm by jayg »  
Email   IP Logged
Monkeywrangler22
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #389 - Mar 3rd, 2014, 8:52am

Ordered a Walkydog leash of of Woot.com for cheap. Going to try out on the trike with our young dog.

The Monkeywrangler's blog
Schlitter Encore
Fisher HKEK - Spec. Roubaix
Seavo - Serenity
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 ... 45
Send Topic Print