Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
May 2nd, 2024, 1:28pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 ... 45
Send Topic Print
W.I.B.T. Thread (Read 214944 times)
dd5339
Five Star Member

rbent member

Re: W.I.B.T. Thread
Reply #360 - Jan 1st, 2014, 7:04pm

Both Vicky and I got ADEM headrests for our singles.  I might even try mine out tomorrow morning if I can get the spiders evicted off my bike..

Semper Fi

Email   IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Reply #361 - Jan 2nd, 2014, 8:22am

Got Terrie some new chooz at RBM...  the ratchet strap broke on her 6-yr-old Specializeds, unrepairable.  Got a nice EOY discount...

"A hundred miles on a bike? How many
days does that take you?"

Email FlyingLaZBoy   IP Logged
Phantom Rider
Five Star Member

Reply #362 - Jan 2nd, 2014, 9:03pm

Rans Rifle
Kudos to Rat Rider on an excellent build

Mavic Aksium Wheels
Panaracer 700x25 tires
Shimano 105 front Derailer
Shimano XTR rear derailer
Dura Ace Bar End shifters
Sram Apex 50/34 compact double
11/34 10 sp cassette
Tecktro rear brake
Shimano 105 Front brake
Avid SL brake levers
Rans adjustable handle bar
XL Hoagie seat
Terraycle Idler
Easton EC 70 Carbon fork

« Last Edit: Jan 7th, 2014, 8:08pm by Phantom Rider »  

2017 Cruzbike V20
2019 ICE VTX Black
SOLD - 2011 GT Karakorem 1.0 - 2012 Lightning Phantom II - 2004 Lightning P38 2013 Rans Rifle 2014 Catrike 700 - 2014 Bacchetta CA2
Email   IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Reply #363 - Jan 4th, 2014, 8:44am

Sweet, nice to have one in the DFW area...   my Rocket build should be finished in mid-January.

rcko

rbent member

Reply #364 - Jan 4th, 2014, 2:06pm

that's a nice build!!!  Congrats!

IP Logged
Phantom Rider
Five Star Member

Reply #365 - Jan 11th, 2014, 5:22pm

Today I added the Rans Hoagie seat bag to the rifle, my goodness I believe you could haul a small child in that thing.  I am very pleased with the bag size, compartments and mount assembly.  Very well designed, my only complaint is there is no slot to bring a tube through for the water bladder that I will be carrying around when it warms up some.  One can use the dual zippers to create a slot for the tube but I would much prefer to have one fabricated in the bag itself, this will probably get done before long after I give it some more thought.  Seems to me I remember someone already doing that to theirs - fess up please(pics).

also added two water bottle cages to the seat as well.

2017 Cruzbike V20
2019 ICE VTX Black
SOLD - 2011 GT Karakorem 1.0 - 2012 Lightning Phantom II - 2004 Lightning P38 2013 Rans Rifle 2014 Catrike 700 - 2014 Bacchetta CA2
Email   IP Logged
Denman

rbent member

Reply #366 - Jan 12th, 2014, 9:44am

Replaced the trigger shifter on Bonnie's FS26 with a Shimano bar end & derailleur.   She's one step away from tunnel carpal and with controls generally designed for medium to large sized hands (not that being mounted upside down on trikes doesn't add to the challenge) the bar end seems to be a significant improvement for her.

The DD3 3 position twisty is now mounted at the top of the left bar; the left bar is 4" taller having the extended bar mounted while the right bar is standard length.  Front derailleur was removed.  Hopefully the top-bottom spread will be wide enough.

I haven't figured out a reliable way to convert a bar end end into a 3 position clicker with 5 mm cable pull yet.  I'll wait until we know if the ratio is wide enough, or if we need to extend it.   I have a set of SRAM TT500 shifters that have a star wheel cam system that's easy enough to machine new stars for to alter click ranges, so if we end up jumping to a 10 speed cassette & rear derailleur that may be the solution.

One of the reasons I enjoy this trike stuff is it gives me a great outlet to engineer and fabricate solutions!

Email   IP Logged
rmillay
Five Star Member

rbent member; go
Clowns!

Reply #367 - Jan 13th, 2014, 9:47am

I've never had trouble with an unindexed bar-end shifter for my front derailleur (well, once, but that was because it shifted so easily I hadn't realized it had done it).  The derailleur is right in front of you, so you learn to gauge and trim it quickly.

Catrike 700
RANS Formula LE , sold
Catrike Musashi
Catrike Speed
Catrike Speed, sold back

"It [Nissan Titan] wasn't named truck of the year because it wasn't the best!" Clay Cooley in his TV a
Email   IP Logged
TXdaveski

rbent member

Reply #368 - Jan 14th, 2014, 9:55am

Finally found a pair of shoes to fit my big feet, Shimano XC-50 in size 50, at Bicycles Inc. of all places.  Cheaper than I could order online!
Now I can ride the Eggbeater pedals I got last month.  Life is good.  I was surprised to find they had bigger sizes, most everyone else has an upper limit of 48.

Dave Ski
RANS V-Rex
Benbrook Texas
  IP Logged
Denman

rbent member

Reply #369 - Jan 14th, 2014, 6:43pm

Quote from rmillay on Jan 13th, 2014, 9:47am:
I've never had trouble with an unindexed bar-end shifter for my front derailleur (well, once, but that was because it shifted so easily I hadn't realized it had done it).  The derailleur is right in front of you, so you learn to gauge and trim it quickly.

The 3 position clicker is for the DD3 which is a 3 speed hub.  Its something like 5.3 mm cable pull so nothing commercially available fits it.  And worse if you don't hit it precisely it likes to jump.  For now it works OK with the twisty I've never been one to leave something that just works OK alone.  

Email   IP Logged
Denman

rbent member

Reply #370 - Jan 18th, 2014, 7:17pm

Took advantage of Performance Bikes sale on wear.  Got a pair of $90 Giro helmets for $40, and a pair of shoes for Bonnie at half price.

Email   IP Logged
rcko

rbent member

Reply #371 - Jan 25th, 2014, 10:16pm

Rans adjustable high racer handle bar.

Pros: very adjustable!  Can lengthen and rotate handgrips to achieve desire fit.
Light weight.  Has centering and handgrip extensions lenght markings

Cons: very flexible due to thin walled tube used. Stock bacchetta bar though heavier it was more torsionally stiff.  I might try fill the inside of the tubes with expanding insulation foam as a way to increase bending/torsion stiffness without increasing the weight.

« Last Edit: Jan 26th, 2014, 12:25pm by rcko »  
  IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Reply #372 - Jan 28th, 2014, 9:22pm

Quote from rcko on Jan 25th, 2014, 10:16pm:
Rans adjustable high racer handle bar.

Pros: very adjustable!  Can lengthen and rotate handgrips to achieve desire fit.
Light weight.  Has centering and handgrip extensions lenght markings

Cons: very flexible due to thin walled tube used. Stock bacchetta bar though heavier it was more torsionally stiff.  I might try fill the inside of the tubes with expanding insulation foam as a way to increase bending/torsion stiffness without increasing the weight.

Uhhh, why are you torquing on the bars so much?  Just curious...

FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Reply #373 - Jan 28th, 2014, 9:23pm

Bought a new "removable sleeves" windbreaker from the Performance store up in Plano...  Discovered they have all their "winter" stuff at 25% off...   Win!

Phantom Rider
Five Star Member

Reply #374 - Jan 28th, 2014, 9:29pm

Quote from FlyingLaZBoy on Jan 28th, 2014, 9:23pm:
Bought a new "removable sleeves" windbreaker from the Performance store up in Plano...  Discovered they have all their "winter" stuff at 25% off...   Win!

So what did you get, I've been looking but not at performance......

2017 Cruzbike V20
2019 ICE VTX Black
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 ... 45
Send Topic Print