Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Sep 28th, 2024, 5:22pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
TTTT results (Read 2065 times)
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

TTTT results
Sep 25th, 2011, 7:49am

Inquiring minds want to know......

« Last Edit: Sep 26th, 2011, 11:25am by FlyingLaZBoy »  

"A hundred miles on a bike? How many
days does that take you?"

Email FlyingLaZBoy   IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Re: Any TTTT results to report???
Reply #1 - Sep 26th, 2011, 9:02am

Congrats to these "Sprint Lap" riders!!!

Male Recumbent                                    
1      Parker      Kent            M BENT      1:16:13      

Female Recumbent                                    
1      Petty      Peggy      40-49      F BENT      1:28:20      

Male Tricycle                                    
1      Millay      Bob      60+      Mtrike      1:42:52      

And Jim Parker knocked off my 2009 6-hour record, when I had to quit due to a heel blister... (but I'm not bitter)   Smiley

Solo Male Recumbent                                                
1      Parker      Jim      M BENT      106.00      *** NEW Course record - prev record 79.5 miles set in 2009                  

And Maria kicked BUTT in the 12-hour:

Solo Female Recumbent                                          
1      Parker      Maria      F Bent      212.00      Course record - new category            
2      Williams      Michelle      F Bent      106.00      

Solo Male Recumbent                                          
1      Finger      Jim      M BENT      185.50      *** NEW Course record            
2      Edinger      Ted      M BENT      132.50                  

...and Team Bulge, while not recumbent, set a very impressive pace for the 4-man team 500 miler, at 26 hours...  about 1:20 per lap!!!

« Last Edit: Sep 26th, 2011, 9:12am by FlyingLaZBoy »  

FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Re: TTTT results
Reply #2 - Sep 26th, 2011, 11:27am

Holy cow...  and he still won....  Gary Gottlieb is sumpin' else...

BY MATTHEW REAGAN
mreagan@star-telegram.com

GLEN ROSE -- Gary Gottlieb wouldn't be denied.
The defending Tejas 500 winner had endured more than 24 hours on his bike and had fewer than 150 of 500 miles to finish the race he won a year ago at the Texas Time Trials, a series of endurance bike races ranging from six hours to 500 miles.
Just when it appeared Gottlieb was in good position to wrap up another victory on the 26.5-mile loop course at Glen Rose Park, a tanker truck without its gas tank secured spilled diesel fuel all over the road ahead of him late Friday night.

Gottlieb slipped and slid across the asphalt and couldn't find traction, forcing his bike and body to the pavement.
The process was repeated several times before Gottlieb finally succumbed to the gas fumes and passed out.

"The police and the paramedics came and the next thing I knew, I woke up in an ambulance with an oxygen mask on and my wife next to me," said Gottlieb, of Fort Worth. He was taken to the hospital, as paramedics determined Gottlieb had an abnormally low blood pressure. The medical staff at Glen Rose Medical Center wanted to admit Gottlieb, but the 47-year-old wasn't about to lose the chance to repeat his win from a year ago in a race he began at 6 p.m. on Thursday. So he signed a medical release to get back to the course.

"I was trying to pull myself together. I had a hematoma in my thigh and calf and my wife bandaged me up," he said. "Someone came up and told me that I better get on my bike if I want to win this thing."
And win he did. The ordeal cost Gottlieb three hours, but he was still able to finish first, clocking in at 32 hours, 12 minutes, and finishing more than three hours ahead of his closest competitor.

Read more: http://www.star-telegram.com/2011/09/25/3394431/truck-leaves-champ-fuming.html#i xzz1Z4noN8zZ

TonyWard
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #3 - Sep 26th, 2011, 11:49am

Quote from FlyingLaZBoy on Sep 26th, 2011, 11:27am:
Holy cow...  and he still won....  Gary Gottlieb is sumpin' else...

Now that is an impressive story.  I can't say I would do the same.   Smiley

The road goes on forever and the party never ends - Robert Earl Keen
Email   IP Logged
Bud_Bent

Reply #4 - Sep 26th, 2011, 6:45pm

They don't call him Scary Gary for nothing.

Bud
* 2009 RANS F-5 Pro
* 2009 RANS XStream
* 2004 RANS Screamer
My Blog - uneasy-rider.com
WWW   IP Logged
Pedalin` Peggy

rbent member

Reply #5 - Sep 27th, 2011, 8:46pm

I didn't have any time off from work. So I had time to come down for Sat. I only did the one lap sprint. I'm not mush of a sprinter but I had a great time.
But we had so great bents down at the TTT this year, Dave Towns, Michelle, David Bradly, Ray and His wife Angie( she was racing her first ever race.) So many others that I can remember them all.
   There is a great story about Angie's first race.First Time Racer

It was not my first race, but it was for my friend. She and I had talked about doing a team event this year. So my friend Angie began to train. She and her husband even came down and rode the course for training in the heat of the Texas summer. After a lot of training, Angie decided to do just the one lap race. Just!! its not an easy 26.5 mile race as it has lots of hills, wind and hot sun.

But I need to give you a little past history into her journey to the start line. Angie's husband Ray and I have ridden together for a long time. On one trip, Ray thought he would wear me down by putting a rock in my bag on every ride. This has been an ongoing joke between us. This rock has become a symbol of strength to me

Angie and I lined up to race the one lap. Angie is going to start 3 minutes ahead of me. Looking nervous, she glances back and says, “Don't pass me too soon”. Ray and all of our friends were there at the start to cheer us off. Angie had a good start and was riding well. It took me a long time to see her on course, and I was waiting for her at the finish. She was overcome with emotion and exhaustion, but just seconds after finishing, she opened her saddle bag to hand me a rock. The rock is from the side of the road on course. She said she picked it up the first time she thought about quitting and sagging in. But instead she brought the rock in with her. I'm so proud of Angie and all the other racers that had the guts to race.

Greg, Paul, Bud we missed you guys this year.  

« Last Edit: Sep 27th, 2011, 8:48pm by Pedalin` Peggy »  

'07 Strada
  IP Logged
AustinSkater

Reply #6 - Sep 28th, 2011, 7:08am

Quote from Pedalin` Peggy on Sep 27th, 2011, 8:46pm:
I didn't have any time off from work. So I had time to come down for Sat. I only did the one lap sprint. I'm not much of a sprinter but I had a great time.

Here's a photo of Peggy "not much of a sprinter" Peggy powering up the main hill on the course.

Other bents:

Bryan
---------------------------
Shellene's is yellow, mine is too.
  IP Logged
rmillay
Five Star Member

rbent member; go
Clowns!

Reply #7 - Sep 28th, 2011, 7:38pm

The yellow bikes were CruzBikes, front wheel drive 'bents.  They had a team here and were in the hour races.  These were a new model, Vendetta, designed specifically for racing.  They performed impressively, and the guy i spoke to was enthusiastic.  He particularly is sold on their climbing ability.  I would guess they were tested at Glen Rose.   Tongue

Catrike 700
RANS Formula LE , sold
Catrike Musashi
Catrike Speed
Catrike Speed, sold back

"It [Nissan Titan] wasn't named truck of the year because it wasn't the best!" Clay Cooley in his TV a
Email   IP Logged
AustinSkater

Reply #8 - Sep 29th, 2011, 8:00am

It's rather interesting that over the past 3 years a different 'bent brand tends to show up in force, and put their own stamp in the record book for Glen Rose. 2009 belonged to Bacchetta, 2010 to Carbent, 2011 to Cruzbike (with the exception of the pedaling one, who set course records in 10 and 11).  I wonder which brand is going to strut it's stuff in 2012?

It's also impressive how fast the female racers are, setting overall records in the 500 mile, 24 and 12 hour races.

'bent records
500 Mile Race
  Male: Bacchetta, 2009
  Female: Bacchetta, 2010 (Overall fastest time)

24 Hour Race
  Male: Bacchetta, 2009
  Female: Carbent, 2010 (Overall fastest)

12 Hour Race
  Male: CruzBike, 2011
  Female: CruzBike, 2011 (Overall fastest)

6 Hour Race
  Male: CruzBike, 2011

Sprint Lap
  Male: Carbent, 2010
  Female, Bacchetta, 2011
  Trike (Male): Catrike, 2011

Bryan
---------------------------
Shellene's is yellow, mine is too.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print