Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Sep 28th, 2024, 5:21pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
ride report, Delta County late April (Read 656 times)
kenbent6
Five Star Member

rbent member

ride report, Delta County late April
Apr 29th, 2011, 9:18pm

Just got back from a three day ride around Delta county. Two nights at South Sulpher State Park on Lake Cooper. 1st day was west on71 then north on 24 to Cooper had a bit at DQ then back, 56 miles, next day, Thursday Jim and Montie came to the park and we rode the back rodes to Cooper for food then 24 and FM road to 71 and back to park for the night at a shelter. 50 miles. Today, Friday we three Clowns took a 35 mile loop around the east side of Cooper, this it really one of the best and most beautiful rides I have been on in a long time. If anyone is interested in a place to go for a country ride with little traffic and lots of friendly people, Delta county is the place to go. Stay at Doctor Creek State park on Cooper lake you are only 3 miles to Cooper and good FOOD. J, only had trouble with 3 dogs and they were at the same house, they were bad enough I had to buy a can of wasp spray, they wouldn't come near me after that. My camera  is broke so Jim and Motie took all the pictures, hope they can put a couple on forum.  P.S. Yes we got pictures of DONKEYS!!  Smiley  SEE YOU CLOWNS TUESDAY!!!

« Last Edit: May 18th, 2011, 7:38am by FlyingLaZBoy »  
  IP Logged
maylor

rbent member

Re: ride report
Reply #1 - Apr 30th, 2011, 6:40pm

It was a terrific ride!!!  WOW small town USA was well represented by the people we met.. Loved it.. Don't miss the Ice Cream store in Cooper. Mabel Wheat has been there for 60 years, she's turning 90 this year, serves up her home made ice cream in shakes, malts, floats whatever. Open 6 days a week. Amazing women. As for the pictures Kenny, I will try to work on that but have never posted on rbent.

Catrike Road
Email   IP Logged
maylor

rbent member

Re: ride report
Reply #2 - Apr 30th, 2011, 6:58pm

Kenny I put some pictures under photos from my FB page.

Catrike Road
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print