Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
May 3rd, 2024, 5:22pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
SPINERGY 559 FRONT WHEEL (Read 2909 times)
Urbinrider

rbent member

SPINERGY 559 FRONT WHEEL
Nov 14th, 2008, 5:20pm

I have a older spinergy 559 front wheel if someone was interested in it I would like to trade for a front wheel  with spokes.  This came off a mountain bike and I don't want to use it off road   I am not sure how carbon fiber ages if it gets weaker or not but it still looks like it is in good shape.  

SPINERGY 559 F/R WHEEL

s/n 191402

THE BIKE IT IS ON NOW I NEED A SPOKED WHEEL   I will keep the tire
Eddie urbinrider

Easy Racer Tour Easy got to love it
T W Bents Artifis
  IP Logged
Opus the Poet
Five Star Member

rbent member

Re: SPINERGY 559 FRONT WHEEL
Reply #1 - Nov 14th, 2008, 7:16pm

How wide a rim do you need/want? I have bunches of 559 front wheels of various grades of front hubs and rims, but I wouldn't want to trade some of my wheels for a Spinergy because of the vast differences in quality between the hubs. The hubs are in good shape but will require more frequent and thorough maintenance than the Spinergy hub.

I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Email WWW   IP Logged
Urbinrider

rbent member

Reply #2 - Nov 14th, 2008, 8:14pm

Hay Opus  my rear wheel measures 24mm wide so something close to that  and it would like a specialized brand deore or LX would be good or some kind of aluminum hub I don't have much money to spend right now.  I have the spinergy wheel to barder with .

urb.

T W Bents Artifis
  IP Logged
Opus the Poet
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #3 - Nov 15th, 2008, 3:36pm

I have a couple of Mavic rims W/O hubs which are good quality but are a smidge narrower than your 24mm rims, and some single wall rims that are wider than 24mm, but nothing exactly 24mm either bead to bead or sidewall to sidewall. Hubs I have from no-name discount house level to ShimaNo 105 level. The Mavic rims came to me with a Bontrager X/C MTB tire already on them.The single wall rims have the advantage of being a bit more flexible for a better ride and are significantly lighter than the Mavics, but are also less durable than the Mavics. I usually don't find high end hubs laying on the side of the road or in a trash pile or dumpster bike. Roll Eyes

Email WWW   IP Logged
Urbinrider

rbent member

Reply #4 - Nov 17th, 2008, 6:54pm

Quote from Opus the Poet on Nov 15th, 2008, 3:36pm:
I have a couple of Mavic rims W/O hubs which are good quality but are a smidge narrower than your 24mm rims, and some single wall rims that are wider than 24mm, but nothing exactly 24mm either bead to bead or sidewall to sidewall. Hubs I have from no-name discount house level to ShimaNo 105 level. The Mavic rims came to me with a Bontrager X/C MTB tire already on them.The single wall rims have the advantage of being a bit more flexible for a better ride and are significantly lighter than the Mavics, but are also less durable than the Mavics. I usually don't find high end hubs laying on the side of the road or in a trash pile or dumpster bike. Roll Eyes

I might be interested in one of the Mavic rims being a little narrower i don't think would be a problem the 24mm measurement is from out side on the braking surface>   I do have a 36hole front hub I do have a truing stand but I don't know how good I am at building a wheel I do want to try some day I can get the side play out it is the up and down I have a problem with right now I have a 700c wheel I need to practice on so I can put it back on my Trek 7100 hybrid
you might know that I bought the Zenetik from paul and I am know looking for some short reach duel pivot  brake calipers for 700c wheels   I measured from the center of the mounting hole to the center of the braking surface and measured 42mm   so If you know of any body that could have something like that  could you let me know  thanks  
Eddie aka urbinrider

T W Bents Artifis
  IP Logged
Opus the Poet
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #5 - Nov 17th, 2008, 10:31pm

I have a long reach dual pivot Tektro caliper that would fit that.42mm is still considered "long reach". I used to have it on my Stratus when I was running the 451mm rim before I switched to  dual 700c and needed a real short reach caliper.  I could throw that in with the wheel if you want it with the 105 hub.

« Last Edit: Nov 17th, 2008, 10:34pm by Opus the Poet »  

Email WWW   IP Logged
Urbinrider

rbent member

Reply #6 - Nov 18th, 2008, 2:57pm

Opus let me give you my phone # 817-266-1430 and we work something out and i will let you know what I am doing  
Eddie

T W Bents Artifis
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print