Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Sep 28th, 2024, 1:14am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
TTTT (Read 7941 times)
mleuck
Five Star Member

rbent member

Re: TTTT
Reply #45 - Oct 1st, 2008, 6:40pm

Quote from Bud_Bent on Oct 1st, 2008, 8:37am:
Whoa, let's not turn this into a political discussion. The guy is a Canadian. Let's just recognize that there are lots of people in other countries who don't like our government right now, and leave it at that.

My post was not meant as a reference to politics or Bush/Cheney, if you read his entire post its pretty obvious he strongly disliked everything about Texas and the Cleburne area.  

It just seemed so different from what my opinion of him was, oh well

IP Logged
mleuck
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #46 - Oct 1st, 2008, 6:43pm

Quote from aikigreg on Oct 1st, 2008, 9:22am:
interesting.  I'd think RAO would be a much toughter RAAM qual than the TTTT, but I'm obviously wrong.  I'm still going to attempt the RAAM qual.  at Sebring this spring.  Hopefully I can get the weight down and the fitness level up a bit.  

Anyone else wanna go and try it?

I'll make sure the organizers of RAAM have plenty of puke bags waiting for ya.....and sand!  Grin

IP Logged
Rawhide

rbent member

Reply #47 - Oct 1st, 2008, 9:26pm

This is my "behind the ride" report.  It doesn't matter if you don't ride, get out there and volunteer!  It's a blast being able to support our fellow RBENT'rs as they give it their all.  Duties can be quite varied, which is good.  I did 10 hours on Friday starting at 5 AM.  First job was to keep the fire burning in the fireplace.  Then went with Kalleen in the TTTT Pace car to lead out the 36 hour group.  Came in from that and Dan Driscoll had me empty the water from all the ice chests and replenish them with fresh ice.  I kept the igloo coolers full of ice water all day so all the riders had plenty to fill their water bottles.  Grabbed a broom and swept the pavilion and the front of the church throughout the day.  Went out on the course and checked on riders.  There was plenty of time to check on RBENT folks as they made their laps.  I'll ride next year, but I'm still going to volunteer some because all the riders really do appreciate it based on the comments I received.  DJ

D J Boyd
Bacchetta Carbon Corsa
Bacchetta Corsa
Rans Rocket GL63
Vision R40
Email   IP Logged
power_bent
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #48 - Oct 1st, 2008, 10:25pm

Hey Rawhide, I appreciate the work you did at the TTT and I want to say I'm sorry I couldn't be there to help out.
 Thomas

Keep Pedaling,the power coming
Midracer being built
Homebuilt Bike X orange
Homebuilt Squared High Racer (20")
Catrike Expedition ( Red)
Wife: Sun Tadpole Trike
Email   IP Logged
Rose Pedals

rbent member

Reply #49 - Oct 1st, 2008, 11:48pm

Yes DJ....u came to our Rescue...by filling up our small ice chest...since we were trapped and not able to make it out to get some ice.  THANK YOU SO MUCH....we really did appreciate it!!!!!!  

Rose

Rose

I'm not short; I'm aerodynamic!
  IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Reply #50 - Oct 2nd, 2008, 9:57am

Quote from Rawhide on Oct 1st, 2008, 9:26pm:
... I'll ride next year, but I'm still going to volunteer some because all the riders really do appreciate it based on the comments I received.  DJ    

Attaboy, DJ -- you NEED to ride this course....  Go for the 6-hour solo or sumpin'....

PB

"A hundred miles on a bike? How many
days does that take you?"

Email FlyingLaZBoy   IP Logged
bikerteam
Five Star Member

Exceed Your
Limitations

Reply #51 - Oct 2nd, 2008, 12:12pm

Yes DJ - all your hard work was noticed and appreciated.  I do have to point out your best duty of the weekend...

At the award banquet you were so eloquently standing by the food, keeping the flies away.  My arms hurt just watching you.  Plus, you did it with the biggest smile on your face I've ever seen!  

Ray Torrey
Email   IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Reply #52 - Oct 2nd, 2008, 4:07pm

Need a larger picture!!!!!!!     Cheesy

Killer Bee
Five Star Member

CA2.0 proto type

Reply #53 - Oct 2nd, 2008, 6:29pm

Quote from Rawhide on Oct 1st, 2008, 9:26pm:
This is my "behind the ride" report.  It doesn't matter if you don't ride, get out there and volunteer!  It's a blast being able to support our fellow RBENT'rs as they give it their all.  Duties can be quite varied, which is good.  I did 10 hours on Friday starting at 5 AM.  First job was to keep the fire burning in the fireplace.  Then went with Kalleen in the TTTT Pace car to lead out the 36 hour group.  Came in from that and Dan Driscoll had me empty the water from all the ice chests and replenish them with fresh ice.  I kept the igloo coolers full of ice water all day so all the riders had plenty to fill their water bottles.  Grabbed a broom and swept the pavilion and the front of the church throughout the day.  Went out on the course and checked on riders.  There was plenty of time to check on RBENT folks as they made their laps.  I'll ride next year, but I'm still going to volunteer some because all the riders really do appreciate it based on the comments I received.  DJ    

DJ & all the volunteers were amazing & the event could NOT go on without you. Thanks you for all of your support. You need to ride next year. You could easily find a category & smoke it.

I like carbon fiber
Email   IP Logged
Don

rbent member

Reply #54 - Oct 31st, 2008, 6:02pm

All i can say is WOW!

You guys are bike riding monsters!

Awsone reports and some amazing times .heck i had to read some of them several times to understand that many of you were averaging over 20 miles and hour.......Scary fast.

I know i wont be able to ride in that next year , but if i can talk my wife in to driving me out there i will deffinatly do what i can to help.  

You guys Rock!

Thanks for reading,

Don

Email   IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Reply #55 - Nov 4th, 2008, 12:31pm

Greg, it's somewhat obvious Bryan isn't planning to publish our TTTT report...  perhaps you should just go ahead and post it to the previously-existing thread....

aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Reply #56 - Nov 4th, 2008, 7:31pm

good point.....I've pretty much called him on it in PMs this past week...... Angry

Dn, I'm glad you enjoyed our exploits.  We all had fun, and pushed ourselves to a goal, which was the most important thing to us all, I think.

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
mleuck
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #57 - Nov 5th, 2008, 12:51am

Quote from FlyingLaZBoy on Nov 4th, 2008, 12:31pm:
Greg, it's somewhat obvious Bryan isn't planning to publish our TTTT report...  perhaps you should just go ahead and post it to the previously-existing thread....

I was noticing that too, perhaps if Greg had also included a review of a trike Brian would  have posted it  Grin

IP Logged
evblazer
Five Star Member

Restricted from
Riding Long Distance
or Hills

Reply #58 - Nov 5th, 2008, 10:19am

Do a video review wearing some crazy holloween costume with some artsy music in the background. Instant front page  Grin

Mark Hastings
Hurricane & Oregon - Need to lose weight to ride, I hate my new meds Sad
Merlin Road - Short distance speed bike
Fuji Touring Xtracycle Shopping Hauler Bike
  IP Logged
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Reply #59 - Nov 5th, 2008, 10:33pm

posted on BROL now.  Tried not to be TOO snarky.

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print