Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
May 13th, 2024, 11:05am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Seaat problems (Read 979 times)
redbike 33

rbent member

Seaat problems
Jul 18th, 2008, 2:26pm

I am using a seat made by Andrew Carson of<recycledrecumbent.com> on my clone and the bottom of the material is tearing on the right hand side of the seat.  i am going to repair it for the time being and see what happens.
I was looking at Power On Cycling web page and they have a  fiberglass seat for $165.00 + shipping.
I was wondering if anyone has tried one of their seas?
Tom Nuchols

Email   IP Logged
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Re: Seaat problems
Reply #1 - Jul 18th, 2008, 3:50pm

check with Bud.  I have a fiberglass seat of his that I am not using, and he might sell it to you for cheaper - I dunno.

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
Bud_Bent

Reply #2 - Jul 18th, 2008, 8:06pm

I can make you a lot better deal on the frp (fiberglass reinforced plastic) seat I have, but I'm not sure that style seat is going to work on your bike. That style seat has to be pretty reclined, or you have a problem feeling like you're sliding off the front. If you have the standard TE clone, a mesh seat is probably going to work better.

Bud
* 2009 RANS F-5 Pro
* 2009 RANS XStream
* 2004 RANS Screamer
My Blog - uneasy-rider.com
WWW   IP Logged
redbike 33

rbent member

Reply #3 - Jul 18th, 2008, 8:47pm

Bud
Thanks for the reply.  It is definitely as close to a T.E. Clone as I could build.  I think the main problem with the seat is my 195 to 200 lbs..  I don,t need to be slipping off the seat any more than I already do.
I use the clone around town to pick  groceries and other supplies.    
I will be going to Paris to the Tour de Paris tomorrow morning early.   I hope to see some different  bents up there this year.  I will be on my Giro 20.
Tom Nuchols

Email   IP Logged
Bud_Bent

Reply #4 - Jul 18th, 2008, 8:55pm

You might consider getting an EZ Sport seat for it. That's what I put on the RANS Nimbus that Terry (MrOverdressed) now has. The seat clamp fits a one inch frame, these seats are pretty sturdy, and can often be found on ebay for a pretty reasonable price.

« Last Edit: Jul 18th, 2008, 8:57pm by Bud_Bent »  

Bud
* 2009 RANS F-5 Pro
* 2009 RANS XStream
* 2004 RANS Screamer
My Blog - uneasy-rider.com
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print