Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Apr 27th, 2024, 12:03pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Avid Digit 5 Disk (Read 1174 times)
Patti
Five Star Member

rbent member

Avid Digit 5 Disk
Jun 19th, 2008, 7:04pm

Sorry if this turns out to be a dumb question, but just when I think I've finally figured out some of these component options, I find something else I don't understand. In looking at the specs for the Actionbent T1A and T1X, I am confused as to what type of brakes they are using. They indicate the brakes as "Avid Digit 5 Disks". I don't seem to be able to find anything on the Avid website (or anywhere else) called Digit 5 that is a disk brake. All I can find are references to Avid Single Digit 5 V- brakes. Anyone know what they are talking about?

IP Logged
jman
Five Star Member

rbent member

Re:  Avid Digit 5 Disk
Reply #1 - Jun 20th, 2008, 2:03pm

Quote from Patti on Jun 19th, 2008, 7:04pm:
Sorry if this turns out to be a dumb question, but just when I think I've finally figured out some of these component options, I find something else I don't understand. In looking at the specs for the Actionbent T1A and T1X, I am confused as to what type of brakes they are using. They indicate the brakes as "Avid Digit 5 Disks". I don't seem to be able to find anything on the Avid website (or anywhere else) called Digit 5 that is a disk brake. All I can find are references to Avid Single Digit 5 V- brakes. Anyone know what they are talking about?

Patti, The Avid brakes used on the ActionBent bikes and trikes are Avid_BB5-and-BB7s,, hope that helps.
 http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/actionbent/files/Components/Brakes/, if you can not get in, let me know and I can email you a copy of the pdf if you need it.

My car is a Recumbent
Bent in Ft.Worth
Email   IP Logged
Patti
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #2 - Jun 20th, 2008, 3:49pm

Thanks!  Can't imagine why they wouldn't want to correct that in the information on their own website. I'll try the link and look at the (hopefully) correct information.

« Last Edit: Jun 20th, 2008, 3:52pm by Patti »  
  IP Logged
jman
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #3 - Jun 21st, 2008, 8:39am

Quote from Patti on Jun 20th, 2008, 3:49pm:
Thanks! Can't imagine why they wouldn't want to correct that in the information on their own website. I'll try the link and look at the (hopefully) correct information.

Hard to believe but you can email Steve Walther <steve@actionbent.com> , he is the man who takes care of many task including packing and shipping the bents. He is very easy to deal with and if he doesn't have an answer himself, he can tell you where to look. The company is very small and doesn't have a store front. I have done business with them off and on for 3 years now.

My car is a Recumbent
Bent in Ft.Worth
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print