Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
May 15th, 2024, 12:37am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
GP2CLE Permanent 04/12/2008 0800 (Read 3554 times)
Kwijybow
Five Star Member

mostly a commuter

GP2CLE Permanent 04/12/2008 0800
Apr 1st, 2008, 2:57pm

So far Steve, Peggy, Ray, maybe Greg, maybe Evblazer and me.  Had to snail mail the waiver, so ride forms still pending.  Feel free to blast or go as slow as you like (down to 9.3 mph avg).  I'll print extras if you wake up froggy and join us the morning of.  Ride starts at Lynn Creek Marina on Joe Pool Lake in Grand Prarie.  Later after Bill approves I'll post it on the LSR list as well.

Paul I think recalled a hill on this course, but I don't remember anything except that Ray and I got deluged on for about a mile last summer so hard I couldn't see where I was going.

Take Care,
Nelson.

Commuter 1Cheesyavidson Impulse
Commuter 2: Motobecane Fixie
Commuter 3: Salsa Journeyman
Recumbent 1: Schlitter Encore 20
recumbent 2: Bacchetta Ti Aero
Email   IP Logged
Killer Bee
Five Star Member

CA2.0 proto type

Re: GP2CLE Permanent 04/12/2008 0800
Reply #1 - Apr 1st, 2008, 8:51pm

Quote from Kwijybow on Apr 1st, 2008, 2:57pm:
So far Steve, Peggy, Ray, maybe Greg, maybe Evblazer and me. Had to snail mail the waiver, so ride forms still pending. Feel free to blast or go as slow as you like (down to 9.3 mph avg). I'll print extras if you wake up froggy and join us the morning of. Ride starts at Lynn Creek Marina on Joe Pool Lake in Grand Prarie. Later after Bill approves I'll post it on the LSR list as well.

Paul I think recalled a hill on this course, but I don't remember anything except that Ray and I got deluged on for about a mile last summer so hard I couldn't see where I was going.

Take Care,
Nelson.

Ah yes...Lynn Creek Marina. That's where Bud & Greg took me last August to ride the dam at night to prepare for the TTTT's(night riding style). It was my first experience with riding at night. I swallowed my first bug while I was riding,how could I forget?!

Let's hope we're back in time so we won't need our headlights ,like I did last August.

I like carbon fiber
Email   IP Logged
Killer Bee
Five Star Member

CA2.0 proto type

Reply #2 - Apr 1st, 2008, 9:08pm

Nelson ,any confirmation on the distance yet(128K or 200K)??  Also ,just for giggles ,anyway to view the route prior to the ride?

Again ,thanks for all you do.

-Steve

I like carbon fiber
Email   IP Logged
Kwijybow
Five Star Member

mostly a commuter

Reply #3 - Apr 1st, 2008, 9:15pm

Hi Steve,  

I'm 99.99% sure is a 200K.  looks George Evans mapped it (its out and back) at some point but no cue.
It looks like what I remember.

http://www.bikely.com/maps/bike-path/Grand-Prairie-to-Cleburne

Take Care,
Nelson.

Email   IP Logged
Killer Bee
Five Star Member

CA2.0 proto type

Reply #4 - Apr 1st, 2008, 9:51pm

Right on. Let's ride.

-Steve

I like carbon fiber
Email   IP Logged
bikerteam
Five Star Member

Exceed Your
Limitations

Reply #5 - Apr 2nd, 2008, 5:57am

Steve, send me your e-mail address, and I'll send the excel version of the cue sheet that was used for this ride last year.  Unless there are major changes (which is very doubtful), it should be accurate.

p.s. I didn't write this e-mail, as I posted yesterday that I would be disappearing for a while due to unforseen circumstances.  Pretend this came from my double, and not me....  

See you guys (hopefully).

Ray Torrey
Email   IP Logged
Kwijybow
Five Star Member

mostly a commuter

Reply #6 - Apr 2nd, 2008, 6:58am

Hi Steve,

from my initial conversation with Bill, only the turnaround control has changed, the course may be a couple of miles longer.

Take Care,
Nelson.

Email   IP Logged
Killer Bee
Five Star Member

CA2.0 proto type

Reply #7 - Apr 8th, 2008, 2:55pm

Nelson , is the start time for this Saturday 7:00am as usual ?

-Steve

I like carbon fiber
Email   IP Logged
bikerteam
Five Star Member

Exceed Your
Limitations

Reply #8 - Apr 8th, 2008, 3:30pm

Hi Mr. Steve,

I believe the start is at 8am.

Nelson, our printer at home is broken, so will you please print enough cards and cue sheets.  And yes, that means that I will be there!  No more April fool's jokes.

Ray Torrey
Email   IP Logged
Killer Bee
Five Star Member

CA2.0 proto type

Reply #9 - Apr 8th, 2008, 4:07pm

Quote from bikerteam on Apr 8th, 2008, 3:30pm:
Hi Mr. Steve,

I believe the start is at 8am.

Nelson, our printer at home is broken, so will you please print enough cards and cue sheets. And yes, that means that I will be there! No more April fool's jokes.

Ray ,thanks. I wasn't sure . My Permanent card said 8:00am ,but the other brevets/permanents I've done started at 7:00am.
Thanks for clearing that up.  

Glad to hear you made a miraculous recovery & will be joining us.

-Steve

I like carbon fiber
Email   IP Logged
Kwijybow
Five Star Member

mostly a commuter

Reply #10 - Apr 8th, 2008, 6:44pm

Hi Guys,

Yes 8am a little more reasonable this time, and most thankfully warmer!  Ray looking forward to seeing you, still have not decided what form the revenge will take yet,  I need to consult with my wife, she's pretty good at such things.  Sounds like a good time was had by all at the Rbent party!  Looking forward to hearing about it.  Hey Greg, and EVBlazer still think you might come?  Lancaster ride looks to be pretty as well though, so expect it might be preferable, sorry about the weekend, but really my only spare this month.  Its been a tough week at work, and I thought it might storm today, so skipped taking the Lemond to work to do the Crit, but ofcourse it turned out dry.  Planning a recumbent speed workout at the Crit course tomorrow from @5pm-7:30pm, love to have company.

Take Care,
Nelson.

Email   IP Logged
evblazer
Five Star Member

Restricted from
Riding Long Distance
or Hills

Reply #11 - Apr 8th, 2008, 7:14pm

I had previously signed up for lancaster so i'm kinda torn there. I've been at my parents in connecticut since last week with no bike but lots of hard labor. Yanking out bushes and carrying many feet of broken up concrete walkways.

I'll let y'all know after my thursdays commute to see how I feel or if I'm a complete waste. Since i'm a newbie and all if it were neccessary I could bail on y'all after 20 miles in and head back to my car with no ill affects, at least to everyone else?

Mark Hastings
Hurricane & Oregon - Need to lose weight to ride, I hate my new meds Sad
Merlin Road - Short distance speed bike
Fuji Touring Xtracycle Shopping Hauler Bike
  IP Logged
Kwijybow
Five Star Member

mostly a commuter

Reply #12 - Apr 8th, 2008, 10:04pm

Hi Evblazer,  

I feel certain we will hook up.  We will likely ride a permanent or go to a brevet, or the same pay ride here soon so looking forward to it.  Also as a input to the deciscion process, you don't have to be a LSR member, but you would need to be a RUSA member to participate, so something to consider if you've already laid out money for another ride.  I think the dues are $20.  You can join online or I will bring a form to the ride just in case.  Sounds like you got quite a workout up there, how was the weather?

Take Care,
Nelson.

Email   IP Logged
Killer Bee
Five Star Member

CA2.0 proto type

Reply #13 - Apr 9th, 2008, 11:29am

Quote from Kwijybow on Apr 8th, 2008, 6:44pm:
Hi Guys,

Yes 8am a little more reasonable this time, and most thankfully warmer! Ray looking forward to seeing you, still have not decided what form the revenge will take yet, I need to consult with my wife, she's pretty good at such things. Sounds like a good time was had by all at the Rbent party! Looking forward to hearing about it. Hey Greg, and EVBlazer still think you might come? Lancaster ride looks to be pretty as well though, so expect it might be preferable, sorry about the weekend, but really my only spare this month. Its been a tough week at work, and I thought it might storm today, so skipped taking the Lemond to work to do the Crit, but ofcourse it turned out dry. Planning a recumbent speed workout at the Crit course tomorrow from @5pm-7:30pm, love to have company.

Take Care,
Nelson.

Oh yeah ,Peggy & I are already planning REVENGE as well !!!

I like carbon fiber
Email   IP Logged
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Reply #14 - Apr 9th, 2008, 12:32pm

I am finalizing a deal that will allow me to come!  I need the mileage and the challenge if I'm going to go race in Calvin's!

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print